contact
November 19, 2017, 02:04:51 PM

Author Topic: Would you like some cheese with that?  (Read 943 times)

Offline Stoneaxe

• View Profile
Would you like some cheese with that?
« on: January 23, 2016, 12:42:28 PM »
We've all received love letters from other players after a hit.   Thought I'd share some of ours....and our responses.

From AXEL GREASE:
To: Richard Offen

Date: 2016-01-23 08:27:49 UTC

Are you proud of yourself ... Two attacks on a player who never attacked you. He almost quit the game after the first attack and now we may not be able to talk him out of it. Stick to the top 10, which is where you are and stop preying on lower ranked players.

Offline Stoneaxe

• View Profile
Re: Would you like some cheese with that?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 12:43:10 PM »
Also from AXEL (sent to Raistlin5):

Offen has hit him for the 2nd time in about a week. He was ready to quit after the first hit, but we managed to talk him out of it. This time we may not be able to. You guys need to limit your attacks to players at your level -- the top 10. Stop this BS or you'll drive even more players out of the game. And don't pretend that there's any virtue in hitting players so much smaller than you - no one respects you for that.

Offline Stoneaxe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 12:43:33 PM »
...and to me:

To: StoneAxe
Date: 2016-01-23 08:58:16 UTC
Your alliance has a bad habit of targeting smaller players. If your guys really think they're hot stuff, attack in the top 10. Offen has just hit one of my guys for the 2nd time in a week, and he's ready to quit the game. How much more of this BS can this uni take ... Personally, I don't have a problem with attacking bigger players although I can't do that much damage to them, but your guys seem to be fixated on destroying smaller players. This uni is weak enough as it is. Tell your guys to pick on players their own size.

Offline Stoneaxe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 12:44:05 PM »
...and my reply:

To: Axel Grease
Date: 2016-01-23 12:27:30 UTC
We do have a rule not to attack any players +150 in rank from our personal rank (exccept UFP...they are all fair game to us).

With the shrinkage in player population, I'll suggest we change that to +100 or some other lower delta.

I understand from the love letters you sent to other DBD players that the player hit was Monkfield. If that is the case, his rank is 27 and he's more than fair game. I suspect his rank is due more to the help of others than from his own skills and that is one of the dangers of probe riding....you don't gain the experience and knowledge to operate at the higher rank levels. If he can't FRS adequately then he runs the risk of being hit. No mercy, no sympathy for his losses if he doesn't FRS adequately.

This isn't Farmville, it is a war game and a player shouldn't expect people to leave him/her alone simply because "they haven't attacked anyone".

Feed him res to rebuild, instruct him to FRS and if he can't hack it....then that's not our problem.

Toodles.

Offline Axel Grease

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 10:12:32 AM »
We'll save the wine and cheese for you guys ... when you're the only ones left in the game.  LOL

Offline Axel Grease

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 10:14:27 AM »
480 according to the Leader Board, but how many are inactive ...

Offline Axel Grease

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 07:42:27 AM »
BTW if this is a war game why has DBD never fought a war. 

Offline Harbinger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 01:16:29 AM »
Axel, DBD did fight a war, and lost! 
See the other thread, my alliance RIP vrs DBD.

but then they ARE good at being bullies, not so good at actual confrontation. Well, verbally yes, but in battle?

Offline Stoneaxe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 01:59:47 AM »
DBD did have a war against ANH.....and lost due to a very good strategic move by a single ANH member and a very poor move by a single DBD player.  I congratulated them (separate thread here on this forum).

As for not going head to head, you are incorrect.    There are heph on heph battle reports here proving otherwise.  I faced Raven and Keen and took out Ravens heph a couple of years ago (when 2 million proms was a large fleet). Battle report is posted here.   Just 6 months ago I took Raven, Keen and Jabberone on, 3 against 1 and Jabberone lost his heph to me while Raven & Keen sat there looking on.   

In both cases where I went 1 against many, all of them were of higher rank than I.  I also attack players of higher rank than I if they leave themselves vulnerable.

Just two weeks ago, AZ took out Raven, Keen and one other UFP heph in a single hour.

I find it rich that you are calling us bullies HoD, coming from the one of the original Telkar / JC heph packs that would send 6 waves  from 4-5 hephs (30 waves total) against empty planets of lower ranked players (which you conveniently seeded prior to the attacks so that you didn't break the rules on bashing). True heroes.   

We also have a rule not to attack players ranked +100 of our own rank so as to let them grow.  Hephs are excluded.  Some DBD members have a +50 rule.

I can't speak for other DBD members but I only attack when people leave either a lot of ships out (low #'s of ships are left alone) or when there's quadrillions of hydro sitting unattended.  You want to be safe from us, don't leave stuff out.   I actively pursue hephs tracking their trajectories simply to attack them head to head. 

Bullies, no. 

birthmark-ant