contact
November 20, 2017, 07:54:13 AM

Author Topic: How bare-bones is this uni?  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
How bare-bones is this uni?
« on: March 23, 2016, 06:26:31 PM »
This is being pitched as being like "original Original".  When Original first was launched, it wasn't really completed coded up.  How far back down the original path does this one go?  For example:

-  Are there moons?
-  If moons, are there Oracles?
-  Are there Hephs?

What is, and is not, here?

Offline gmfeier

• View Profile
Re: How bare-bones is this uni?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 06:44:33 PM »
All there. Same as the current version of the original uni. That means d mode, probe ride-alongs and no 5-minute free completions.

Offline gmfeier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 08:20:14 PM »
How do you send invites to friends in this uni?

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 09:03:47 PM »
Click on profile that looks like a silhouette of 2 people and then click on crew.  That will give you a link for your friends to use.

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 09:05:46 PM »
Wow, 82 minutes to attack an NPC with an atlas in system.  Sooooo sloooow.  Can't handle it......

Offline gmfeier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 09:08:37 PM »
Thanks for the info. Been a while.

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 09:34:51 PM »
Plain stupid...
What's the point ?
My enemy’s enemy is a problem for later: In the meantime, they might be useful.

Offline ForsakenVoyager

• Twitter - @ForsakenVoyager
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Gaming Channel
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 12:09:17 AM »
Wow, 82 minutes to attack an NPC with an atlas in system.  Sooooo sloooow.  Can't handle it......
That's not so bad. Traveling to another planet in 82 minutes sounds insanely fast to me.

Offline meeeeeee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 02:59:32 AM »
So far its the same as ori.   Of course just the first day.   Will let you know more as the weeks pass.

Offline Wes Robinson

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 01:50:55 PM »
Yep just like the good ol'days, sans 149k players.

This is without a doubt one of the dumbest things done with the engine to date. What is BFG going for, the shortest lived uni ever?
Expect only what happens in the fight. That way you'll never be surprised.

Daily Mining Income: 157,091,180
on eradeon2.playstarfleet.com

Daily Mining Income: 80,170,740
on nova.playstarfleet.com

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 06:30:42 PM »
I dunno...it'll be interesting with all active players...who's joining just to be in d mode?

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2016, 06:40:26 PM »
Major difference so far...only 5 galaxies...hmmm...going to make hunting more interesting for sure...

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 09:48:17 PM »
Stina,

I suspect that having only 5 galaxies reflects their expectations regarding the size of the player base.

Offline Ilmandir

• So there I was, alone and surrounded on an Island,
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 03:37:40 AM »
Okay, this is my first time in the Forum, but not the game. I will try to keep this less than a 500 page Novel, but those that know me from Conquest 2, and the new Uni 4, know that that, is an impossibility. First, I must mention Conquest 2. It may or may not have been the first time I've played Starfleet. This is where I've cut the novel down by at least 200-300 pages. I'm still playing it, and I'm loving it. Now I begin the story. When I signed up, I had a nice little planet in [1:135:0] Solar System. I had a neighbor who also was just starting and we became friends. Within 3 days our System was inhabited, but not overcrowded. An alliance moved in with two players, and my friend and I became 3 and 4. Ah life was good! The very next day, my computer committed suicide. I have no clue what, how, or why. I went shopping. In seven (7) days I was up and back online with my new baby. Using it now. I found out that I'd been kicked from the alliance and had been farmed by almost all of my former alliance members. No problem. It was my fault, sort of. Again, I will edit many (about 150) pages and skip to this. New Uni! Everyone, that knew me from Conquest 2, is messaging, e-mailing, and posting in alliance Forum to join. Ok, I joined. I hadn't even built or flown or looked at anything and I get a message. "Join my Alliance!" I go back to Conquest 2 and tell my alliance. One of my alliance buddy's joins and starts an alliance with the same name as in Conquest 2. Again, I'll cut a few chapters out and say, I joined the one that first recruited me. Most of my former buddies also joined with me. None of this is a problem, but you can see where it would make a good novel. This uni in the beginning uses probes for quests that I couldn't find written anywhere. No problem, my alliance friends tell me to use a probe and attack these coordinates. I do, and I died, I think. The report says, " Battle Report for Abandoned Warship ‎[1:64:6e] about 2 hours ago

To: Ilmandir

Date: 2016-03-24 01:57:21 UTC

In the attack from Anhinga ‎‎‎[1:12:8] on Abandoned Warship ‎‎‎[1:64:6]:

The battle ended in the first round, and no other information is available.

Delete "

Okay, so I'm thinking, what? let me try that again. I know, stupid move. Well guess what? No probes. Okay I'll build another. Oh no, no, no, it's not that easy so early in the game. As a matter of fact, I'm now in my third day, with help from my friends, and still not close to building a probe. Now if you only read this last bit of my story then you won't realize that I'm not a quitter. But how many noobs might come in and make the same mistake as me and walk away long before now. Now you might want to look at this, because I do have 2 Artemis Fighters, and 2 Atlas Cargo ships and I've run the missions, and attacks that take about 4 hrs to get less than I would've gotten from a single probe. <--- That's the part that get's me ... how should I put this? Angry? Oh and for all the "Doubting Thomas's" out there, I have copies of everything I've stated and tons more that I edited out to make this a "pocket novel". Spank you berries much? Sorry, Thank you very much!
Illy
I didn't do it! I swear it wasn't me! It was my evil twin brother!

Offline the red emperor

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 06:23:01 PM »
you can always upgrade to make it go faster.

any how, i was really looking forward to a reset original universe concept. i was really hoping NPCs were not included for some time period maybe a year.  mines would have been relevant again, PVP would have been encouraged, . was hoping to see some great players I seen come and go from the original universe