contact
September 22, 2017, 08:06:38 AM

Author Topic: Newbie Protection/Eradeon Extreme  (Read 358 times)

Offline Wes Robinson

• View Profile
Newbie Protection/Eradeon Extreme
« on: May 07, 2016, 09:45:07 PM »
Its completely broke, everyone over 25,000 RSP should be attackable by everyone else over 25,000. It looks like the Nova protection but it isn't because I can't hit folks over 1/10 my RSP. And in checking it I found folks with less RSP than others that I couldn't hit. Which would indicate RSP isn't even being used or certain account have been granted newbie protection while other were not. So WTF?

I encourage everyone to check their respective unis to see if they find similar issues. I'll be checking Nova and Uni4 tomorrow.

And yes I sent a ticket on this months ago and got a lame excuse, basically paraphrased to 'To late to fix it now'.
Expect only what happens in the fight. That way you'll never be surprised.

Daily Mining Income: 157,091,180
on eradeon2.playstarfleet.com

Daily Mining Income: 80,170,740
on nova.playstarfleet.com

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
Re: Newbie Protection/Eradeon Extreme
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 10:43:34 PM »
It's not broke.

It's the same in SFCEradeon.

And yes it's the nova 1/10 -10X RSP margin.

Where you're confused is that you're looking at the Building leaderboard and thinking it's the RSP Leaderboard. It's not. Those are the new Leaderboards. They were implemented first in UNi 3.

The building Leaderboard is the RSP for just your infrastructure. The fleet Leaderboard is the RSP of all your ships, the Defense leaderboard etc etc...

Nova noob protection applies on total account's RSP which apparently you cant find anymore on any one leaderboard. The best I would suggest is take the overall leaderboard points and substract the DSP leaderboard's pojnt from that. That should give you a working number.

We've made a few changes for this Universe. RSP as a single score will no longer exist and has been broken into Building, Research, Fleet, and Defense and these are scored as 1 point per 1,000 resources spent rather than 1 point pet ship, defense, tech level. Rules related to RSP (i.e. pushing) will look at the aggregate score of these four categories to determine who has a higher amount of RSP. We've also removed the crew score from the leaderboard.
(http://forum.playstarfleet.com/index.php?topic=21264.msg253929#msg253929)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 12:14:56 AM by Pantin »

Offline Wes Robinson

• View Profile
Re: Newbie Protection/Eradeon Extreme
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 05:21:15 PM »
I appreciate your response. Its certain better than what I got from support.

Ewrobinson, Feb 17, 13:20:

There is something wrong with Newbie Protection in Eradeon Extreme. Anyone over 25k RSP is supposed to be attack-able by anyone else over 25k RSP unless otherwise protected by the system. This is not the case.

It looks like the Nova code is in effect. If that is correct someone really should update the wiki.

Jason, Feb 17, 13:21:

I will inquire about this, thanks for the report.

Jason
Blue Frog Gaming Support

Ewrobinson, Feb 18, 13:19:

Any update on this?

Ewrobinson, Feb 18, 13:35:

BTW this isn't Nova code, I'm at 15+ mil RSP and can hit 1 mil RSP but cannot hit 500k. I'll gladly give more specific examples if it would help.

Jason, Feb 18, 14:20:

I have informed them of this, however they don't plan on changing the way it works at this point as the game has been out to long to make a change in who you can attack at this point.

Jason
Expect only what happens in the fight. That way you'll never be surprised.

Daily Mining Income: 157,091,180
on eradeon2.playstarfleet.com

Daily Mining Income: 80,170,740
on nova.playstarfleet.com