contact
November 20, 2017, 07:55:27 AM

Author Topic: Got my first suspension EVER! SWEET!  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Bad Monkey

• View Profile
Re: Got my first suspension EVER! SWEET!
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2016, 02:18:55 AM »
....bfg is just a lil erratic about enforcing rules...
Which is exactly the point...
Almost 10 years, and still no clear rules about what is and is not ok because It's always a "case by case" decision, and there's no transparency, so it looks like special treatment for some players.

...and I agree about Mama.  I understand he was pissed, but it was uncalled for to take it out on another player, and it derailed what should have been the point to this thread...that the suspensions were wrongly applied based on how the rules are actually written, and based on past (and published/documented) interpretations of those rules

Offline Caseman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2016, 06:04:36 AM »
Okay.  Now that I've had some time to cool down. ;-)
Sorry Mama about Talos statement.  I imagine like someone said he was just hurt.
Frank took over Maxx's account and obviously hasn't done quite as well as you at
maintaining whatever lead Maxx had made.  So of course there's skill involved.

I really haven't contacted bfg to see what was the exact details.  Honestly I just don't
want to talk them. 

I do know that Talos had mentioned in the alliance forum that the player had changed his planet names,
however I have no idea of the timing.  I'd just woken up to this mess.
I do know that we missed hitting the Heph that had been sitting.  Someone did beat us there.

From this perspective, I can understand all of your stances of playing it safe.
I've never used the forums until this mess, as I've never had anything to say.

Anyway, just so you all know.  I won't be quitting right away.  I still have credits to use up
and I don't like quiting while I still got SOME money in the game.  But once my credits are all used up,
I'll probably be leaving.  I'll just call this mess a learning experience.
Plus when I truly quit, I usually have  a scorched earth policy myself.  I tend to abandon my planets.
I personally just don't like giving away my ships to a competing alliance.  Too easy. ;-)
Though I might pass the account on.  Never done that before though.  Never had an account
worth passing on.

Can't believe y'all have been rambling on all this time.  Well I'll see you all in the game just a LITTLE longer.
I do have to say the game has been dead for a while though.  I haven't been probed in probably 2-3 weeks.
Ken did probe a planet a couple of times before he left, but that's about it.  Well Wardawg did, but he was checking on my
moon to see if my Oracle was up and running.  So I expect Mama to make that correction soon. LOL.

And to be honest, I'm never been much of a PVP'er.  More of a choice though, as I don't like running off potential
new players.  Even though hitting players is part of the game, I just never could bring myself to do it.
That MIGHT change though since my time is limited.  So again, see you all in game soon.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 10:47:00 AM by Caseman »

Offline Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2016, 04:56:59 PM »
Thanks Caseman but you do not need to apologise for Talos, guessing his boxers got a bit twisted and was a bit butt hurt :)

Ohhhh and guess what  -  I do have some probe reports but guess you did not see the shadow probes I won in the draw  lol.

Naughty One ;)

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2016, 02:42:53 PM »
#1. People who compare current pushing rules to old school 4-5 years ago rules are missing a big point. Pushing used to be only about DSP but RSP pushing is a thing "now" 9as in about 2 years ago). So If an alliance member tells you "Hey I'm quitting and my ships will be back from FRS in 8 days at loc xxx" would STILL be pushing because he's giving you info about where his res (aka ships) will be, even if by that time he's turned inactive. If you hit that and your RSP is OVER your quitting friends' then that would be RSP pushing.

#2 Caseman's original post wasn't about the details of the rule anyways, it was about how what he gained was so irrelevant compared to the NPC res he was gaining. That's a good point and also an awful point. If the gain was so low then just DON'T hit him in the first place rather than hoping that BFG won't enforce the rule because such a small gain was gotten.

#3 having an unknown player rename his planets "I quit" is NOT the same as having a friend/teammate telling you "I've had enough, thanks for all the memories friends, good luck in the future...." Players in the past have reanmed planets liek that to entice attacks to try ninjas, whereas a (asusmed) trusted alliance mate's quitting words hold much much more weight. Pushing is about PROVILEGED information prior to a hit. If you have ANY kind of info that's been provided to you or a small group of players before you hit someone then DON'T hit him.

#4 People who complain that BFG doesn't have any clear quitting rules and regulations, and seemingly decide on a case by case basis, don't know the player base. Every time they've tried to make the rules as clear as possible, players have gone out of thir way to bend or go around them. Coud they do better? Hell yea. But blame the jerks who've played the game before if you want to blame someone.

#5 Stop whining and just play the game. If you get suspended, your dick's still attached. Your account's still gonna be there in 1-3 days.

Offline Astrovanman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2016, 05:44:27 AM »
Then there was Pantin.......took you long enough to reply.  I have waited like 3 days.  :/

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2016, 12:09:53 PM »
Sorry Astro, I try and not get sucked in those convoes anymore. Mostly time wasted as these noobs will never learn.

Offline Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2016, 12:34:26 PM »
What a pity that Talos deleted his planets and fleet :D

Naughty One ;)

Offline Buffy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2016, 12:50:00 AM »
What a pity that Talos deleted his planets and fleet :D

THIS! This is the snark I missed! <3 Alla this.
If I wanted to fight, you could tell by the being dead already.  ~ Glorificus

Quote from: \"andy nard1\"
I agree with Buffy.

Offline Jasonb_03

• me Scrotus, you DSP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2016, 04:32:05 PM »
oooo necroposting... Just wanted to say Ian8144 is prolly right, I didn't read the rest as I like his quick short explanations of things. Have a great day all!
I AM SCROTUS   HEAR ME ROAR lol

birthmark-ant