contact
September 19, 2017, 11:30:59 AM

Author Topic: All out War  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
Re: All out War
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 05:54:34 PM »
Just one week left to get sign ups...

No one has volunteered to captain or mediate...

So...no complaining if things don't go the way you want! LOL

Just a reminder that this will be war...no p markers, no d mode, no bitching...

Based on is the only alliance that is committing to competing as their own alliance.

I don't know, off hand, how many people they have active, but I'm imagining the rest of us should form an alliance and compete against them (since it doesn't appear we'll have enough to make two alliances. I'll likely set a d mode limit to allow Based on to compete as they are.

All levels are welcome, but you must be able to abide by the rules. If you don't know what the rules are, know that ignorance is not a defense. The only thing we're eliminating is p mode, all other standard rules are in effect. If you need to brush up on rules, click the rules link at the bottom of any page in SFCO. You can also visit the wiki.

Just so you're aware, bug exploitation is against the rules...that includes resource dumping, tag dropping, outside gds, and any other underhanded maneuvers you can come up with to keep an alliance from scoring or to help your alliance win. I will not list any other additional rules to war rules. Any questionable actions, should be reported to me and BFG.

What else? If there are no other sign ups, those who are remaining and willing can form an alliance to compete against Based On... I guess you're free to apply to Based On if you're interested, but I'm thinking the alliance will be formed the last week of September, so that the newly formed alliance can get to know each other and develop whatever strategies they'd like, and the war taking place in October.

Questions? Comments? Ideas?

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »
be careful with starting date..
a few tourney happening at the moment.
OK Mongols got plenty time but other dont..
Mind you based on can fight on different front..
My enemy’s enemy is a problem for later: In the meantime, they might be useful.

Offline Lord Nightstalker

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2016, 06:40:13 PM »
I'm thinking the Pilgrims have always accepted any war request and don't see why any of our members would need to join an alliance for war. We have and always will be a warring alliance and cant remember turning down any war requests. We have some of the best war alliances in any universe, BAD, Based on , HOD, Pilgrims and several others. I guess I'm just not seeing the value in this but if its something you feel is needed try it out. You never know it might catch on.

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2016, 07:15:24 PM »
what would be the name of that Tournament...
and the good thing without any place to P or D , those kind of tourney end quick.....
we had those in NOVA with T1 and NEMESIS.

Offline Stina Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2016, 07:20:00 PM »
This isn't a tournament. I've already cleared dates with JVT and Rayman. I'd love to eliminate d mode, but standing alliances won't go for it and there's no NEED to eliminate it. You can see people going in and coming out. You really only want to control the number of active members.

The Pilgrims are welcome to partake, but I don't want to hear complaints about the absolute rule of no P Markers.

Offline Stina Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2016, 07:23:33 PM »
The only thing that could potentially conflict is the new tournament that LNS is brainstorming. I'm watching for developments and how that might affect us...

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2016, 07:34:25 PM »
No tournament
May as well be one.

Offline Stina Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2016, 08:02:34 PM »
tour·na·ment
ˈtərnəmənt,ˈto͝ornəmənt/Submit
noun
(in a sport or game) a series of contests between a number of competitors, who compete for an overall prize.

Unless someone is offering something, I have no intentions to bother BFG about awarding a prize for playing the game. If you're* looking for an award, recognition, or a prize for participation, there are plenty of opportunities, all year long, with the other tournaments. Please see Rayman, Justice, or your* alliance leader for details.

*"You" is used in general and refers to anyone reading this thread.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 08:22:40 PM by Stina Starr »

Offline Justice Umbiya

• FlySavage
    • Facebook - Google me... Its not that hard to find me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2016, 08:15:37 PM »
lol
Get Down or Lay Down!

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2016, 08:30:40 PM »
I don't see any conflict as this is a novice tournament and everyone talking in here cant enter it other than a mentor. Have your tournament if you can get it going. The novice tournament will probably only have 4 alliances in it anyway. I cant speak for the Pilgrims as a whole but were at war now andwill have many more lined out Im sure.

THE SLASH

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2016, 08:51:38 PM »
Nobody will war with me and based on.
Dont know why im an easy novice to beat.
Send your requests in to beat me and based on.

Offline Stina Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2016, 08:59:24 PM »
@LNS - There maybe players ranked 400-50000 that want to participate...that's where the conflict comes in. Obviously, if you're ranked higher than 400, you're already excluded and no conflict would exist.

This was is for anyone who wants to war. This is not a tournament. There are no "judges". There are no prizes.

There will be fun. There will be blood. There will be tears. There will be laughter. There will be chaos. There will be loss of sleep. There will be rushed showers and meals. There will be plotting. There will be trash talk. There may even be some feuds.

All are still welcome.

Offline Stina Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2016, 09:00:05 PM »
By the time the Novice tournament begins, I might be ranked 400 though.

IJS

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2016, 09:56:10 PM »
LOL as fast as everyone is moving up in rank I might be with you Stina. I'm just putting stuff together right now.

Offline Toxic

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2016, 09:01:36 PM »
whats nice about the 2 temp alliances, is it is easy to police ....you hit p mode your out ...easy peasy ...the whole point was ALL OUT WAR ...zero non combatants ....hard for say, based on to remove a member for using a marker ......but with 2 temp alliances....

we could pick teams in order for all based on to be on the same team ......

how about top pilgrim participating gets first pick , then top based on picks back and forth until the pool is empty .....

that said i will play anything , anyway , anytime .... thx Stina for organizing ..