contact
September 20, 2017, 11:03:30 AM

Author Topic: Thanks for the new Thread!  (Read 840 times)

Offline moab

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gOCQLaacrA Pirates
    • View Profile
Thanks for the new Thread!
« on: August 09, 2016, 03:10:51 AM »
Took long enough... LOL!!!
Whats cooler than Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll??
PIRATES of course!!!

Offline Pharoah

• View Profile
Re: Thanks for the new Thread!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 04:31:15 AM »
I know its possible for Matt H, Jason and crew might feel like we all complain a lot and we do, but it doesn't mean we aren't justified. Thanks guys for this board and the work you do, but sometimes you really are a poorly run company.

Nova 2 started how long ago?  We are just getting our message board weeks later. We also never saw an official change log describing the differences in the new Nova 2 uni vs other uni's like Nova 1.

Yes, there were a few comments here and there that were replies from Matt H answering when people asked questions, but virtually all other tech companies and software developers/game designers release that info anywhere from a year to months or weeks before launch of the new game and the message board should have been available from day one.

Are you listening powers that be at BFG? All of that stuff should be announced and available well in advance and many players are still asking questions about the mechanics of the Nova 2 universe.

Offline SithPurge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 09:57:13 AM »
 I'm with Pharoah..  PLEASE for the love of all things holy at least release a statement that tells us the ratios for who we can attack. I know you're busy with other jobs, but you're also profiting off this game, so you should at least recognize that you owe those who are supporting your work here SOME form of *non-snarky* explanation as to wtf is going on here. CUSTOMER SERVICE... helllloooo   :P Closest I'm seeing to recent replies from the Devs is to belittle or insult those who comment. An explanation should have been given at the time of release, if not before.  just sayin'    :-X
Everything I tell you is a lie... even that.   :P

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 03:47:19 PM »
PLEASE for the love of all things holy at least release a statement that tells us the ratios for who we can attack.

probably the same as :
http://forum.playstarfleet.com/index.php?topic=24107.msg281390#msg281390

Offline SithPurge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 12:11:24 PM »
thank you Pantin. I missed that memo somehow. lol 

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 03:41:25 PM »
no worries.

Just remember for the next time you want to berate BFG :p

The new leaderboards are much much better (IMO), however they are problematic for the 10X - 1/10th RSP noob prot rule because ther eisnt an easy way to know total RSP anymore. Best you can do is substract people's DSP points to their overall points (and yours too) to get total RSP.

Offline SithPurge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 12:38:47 AM »
I did try the math, and I'm thinking Achievement points also need to be removed from the overall as well.. even with that though the calculations just aren't adding up. lmao  I recognize the simple FACT that my math sucks, so it might just be that.  this at least is SOMEthing to work off though.  Starting to think it's 9x and 9% or something wonky just to throw a new loop our way.  :P

I can transport to people higher than me, for example, no matter HOW I add it up.

I agree that the leaderboards are better this way, even if it IS a little confusing now. Having the Buildings as the build score makes more sense and having crew off the board is great.. Just wish I'd paid more attention in Math. lol

and didn't really mean to "berate" them.. I don't generally come on here and gripe.. But the *official* intel on Nova2 has been sorely lacking. This IS still among my top 3 favorite games.

Offline ILoveYou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 10:06:56 AM »
a duck walked up to the lemonade stand and he said to the man running the stand, "hey! got any gripes?"

Offline Duckie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 02:59:00 PM »
Quack quack  ;)

birthmark-ant