contact
September 24, 2017, 07:30:56 PM

Author Topic: NOT ENOUGH HYDRO MESSAGE ERROR  (Read 1031 times)

Offline REMBROND

• View Profile
Re: NOT ENOUGH HYDRO MESSAGE ERROR
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 07:20:16 PM »
Essentially, the BIGINT calculations on the client and server side seem to have a minor discrepancy.  The client side calculates the fuel required and then allows you to load up resources accordingly to what space is left.  The problem begins though, on the server side when it calcs the fuel requirement and comes up with a slightly different number.  ( note your message being displayed )  I have solved this problem ( at my level at least ) by just leaving 10k hydro on the planet/moon.  Since the server side comes up with a different number, you will always fail to send the fleet because not enough hydro was set aside for the fleet.  I'm guessing here, but perhaps two different BIGINT toolkits ( client/server) are in use and they don't use the same method when doing the math.  Something is being lost and its just enough to make the final results different from each other.  If this is truly the reason, the easiest way to fix it would to be to use a LIB function both routines used.  That way you would be guaranteed the same number every time. 

Offline Col. Assburger

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 08:07:11 PM »
I have noticed this bug as well. Not sure if this is related (probably) but I notice that sometimes my resource numbers on a page refresh change slightly after being on the page for a few seconds. I haven't taken the time to notice if they go up or down since it seems like such a small amount. And since it only happens sometimes I can't seem to replicate it right now.

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 08:27:15 PM »
Guys
dont leave HYDRO behing
just leave the damn game....
BFG got enough of our money
fun THEM
My enemy’s enemy is a problem for later: In the meantime, they might be useful.

Offline Col. Assburger

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 08:36:41 PM »
Here is the bug I was talking about:

https://prnt.sc/fc3wk9

This was happening when I got the not enough hydro error.

Offline Harbinger

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2017, 08:57:43 PM »
This bug has been reported repeatedly to BFG. they will  not fix it. they no longer have coders sufficiently competent  to fix "undocumented program features"  aka bugs....This game is coming to an end, they are simply squeezing all the $$$ from us they can get. Even the new universes are simply clones of previous unis.   :-* :P :'( :-* :-\ :-X :-[ :P

Offline Harbinger

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2017, 08:59:06 PM »
how quickly will they lock this thread, again?

Offline gmfeier

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2017, 10:35:12 PM »
I have come up with an inelegant but effective work-around. I just copy the required hydro for the FRS and type it back in, leaving about 1k behind. The trouble with this is that you can't see all the digits and have to scroll while you write.

Offline Captain Blackbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2017, 04:33:55 PM »
I just load my ships then click max to load my resources then subject the last 4-5 numbers off the hydro and replace with zeros. Works every time for me and your not leaving that much behind.