contact
November 23, 2017, 06:45:26 PM

Author Topic: Novice tournement  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Tybors Master

• We are stonger together, than we are apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Novice tournement
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2016, 07:23:05 PM »
Stina, ideally there would be more brackets.... but there likely are not enough players to actually then play within their catagory.

I think LNS's proposal is good, now the question will be how many can actually play?  I have posted on our board, and have asked for feedback.

TM

Offline Reavers

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2016, 09:25:41 PM »
From this day to the ending of the world,
 But we in it shall be remember'd;
 We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
Shakespeare ~ King Henry V
I have posted information on the Novice tournament to our membership at time. We may have a couple of players that could participate. Anyone at time that participates will be recommended to join LNS at BETA QUADRANT (Novice) 401 to 2500 rank for the duration of the tournament. Thank you for creating this for the lower ranks.

Offline Lord Nightstalker

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2016, 03:58:24 AM »
Thanks, that is what this alliance was started for. If an alliance does want to join other than BORG or BETA that's what we would like but if not they are more than welcome to join BETA for the tournament.

Offline Bulgarian Teal

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2016, 09:16:37 PM »
Great idea! Wish I could join, but look forward to reading battle reports.

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2016, 06:20:05 PM »
Looks like we will start this tourney in 4 weeks. So far the two alliances that have said they will be in it are

1. Novice
2. Borg

If interested in sending players or being an alliance let me know. We are trying to have 8 active players at all times. Rules will be posted in two weeks. players are from 401 to 2700 and there will be three brackets.

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2016, 11:47:56 PM »
The rules will be very similar to JVT rules, they are good.

We will be having a novice tournament in 4 weeks: Only players can fight in it that are ranked 400 to 2600. There will be three brackets. If your alliance doesn't want to fight in it but you have players that want to participate they may join one of the other alliances or the alliance I started called Novice. Novice will not try to steal players it is for tournament play. They have their own core group and everyone goes home that comes to participate.

The rules:

RULES:

1. No Alliance Overall cap.

2. 7 or more active players at all times.

3. Nobody stays in Pmode longer than 16 consecutive hrs. (It is expected that you be out of Pmode for at least 8hrs).

4. Only ranks 400 to 2700 may enter the tournament. If your alliance enters everyone lower than 400 is considered a mentor and they cant group attack or defend only advise and they cant nuke anyone. They can probe.

5. No tag dropping

6. The rank blocks are (400 to 800) (801-1200) (1201-2700). If a smaller player attacks a larger player in another block, they are fair game for the larger play. Attack does not have to land, for rule to take place, however, a screenshot of the incoming attack must be provided (that shouldn't be too difficult). If a player straddles a bracket, they can be targeted by both brackets as well as go on the offensive. An example of this would be someone ranked 395 or 410.

7. A larger player can respond aggressively if their alliance mate is attacked if they are 400 rank to 2700. anyone 1 to 399 may not participate, only mentor, this includes oracle locks and group defends. Other than straddling the brackets. You have to be 400 when the tournament starts not 390 and then after the tournament starts you can join in.

8. wars will be sent in this format... 5 million points... No inactives... No Dmode percentage. 3 week time limit.

9. 10 player minimum in each alliance.

10. 7 players out of D or Vmode at all times in each alliance.

11. Have fun.

12. If other players don't want to take part in your bantering, keep it to yourself.

13. This isn't a democracy. I am the sole decision maker. I will listen and be as fair as possible, but let's face it.... I can't please everyone at the same time. I will have two judges to assist and I will pick them period no discussion on the judges.

14. BFG has no hand in any of the Novice (unless they agree to shell out prizes)... With that said, they don't have a way to monitor the Pmode rule, so we are operating on the honor system.

* We all want to fight for our alliances. Most don't want the banter, so DO NOT start ragging each other in my THREADS. There will be a Crap talking thread started for that sole purpose. If you are talking trash in the regular Novice thread, I will issue a penalty to your alliance. Please don't make me go to that extreme. This is hard enough to do, without the added BS.

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2016, 11:29:02 AM »
10. 7 players out of D or Vmode at all times in each alliance.

will you count the mentor in those out of D ???
will be a bad move.
all 7 should be in the killing zone.
as for V mode..LOL
who would enter a war tourney and go V...
My enemy’s enemy is a problem for later: In the meantime, they might be useful.

Offline Dead Zone

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2016, 04:24:21 PM »
Cold is trying to recruit for the novice tourney, we are short players for that endeavor so if anyone is looking to play in this feel free to join COLD. I talked with Klarg of swarm, they are undecided as of yet.

LNS when will recruiting officially be ended for the Novice?

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2016, 05:13:52 PM »
yes will mentor all just ;like any alliance and don't need any advice this is the way it is. If you want everyone active join the all war tournament. The rules are in place and wont be changed. We already have three judges set just waiting for the final judges decision.

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2016, 05:15:15 PM »
When we have enough teams. Right now there is 2 for sure with 5 more trying to see if they can get the amount of players they need. 4 weeks right now is what Im trying for.

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2016, 06:11:01 PM »
The judges for this tournament are.

1. Admiral Twayne
2. Justice
3. Dead zone
4. LNS

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2016, 12:20:50 PM »
I am sorry for not understanding your question Occuli. No mentors don't count for the active players. Actually the mentors in an alliance however many they are an only mentor with advice and probing. No nukes, no group attacks or group defends.

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2016, 12:34:01 PM »
No mentors don't count for the active players

You are good Chuck, without understanding my question you still answer it... :)

Offline Tybors Master

• We are stonger together, than we are apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2016, 02:34:29 PM »
I am sorry for not understanding your question Occuli. No mentors don't count for the active players. Actually the mentors in an alliance however many they are an only mentor with advice and probing. No nukes, no group attacks or group defends.

LNS,

I think there is room for misunderstanding here.

Active players, should be active players..... meaning, out of (d) or (v) mode.

I think Occuli is interpreting your answer as..... Active players are only the ones who can participate in your tourney by attacking.

So clarity is needed.   Active.. meaning actively being able to 'play" in a general sence.... or.... actively able to participate in one of the lower ranked tiers specified by the tourney rules?

And..... SWaRM is undecided, as I am getting little response from members.

TM

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2016, 02:56:07 PM »
That NOVICE Tournament is made for SWARM..you got the experience and number in each bracket that tourney required..
you could do well.

birthmark-ant