contact
September 20, 2017, 06:07:10 PM

Author Topic: SFCO new ship please  (Read 836 times)

Offline Barney Google

• View Profile
SFCO new ship please
« on: September 03, 2016, 06:02:36 PM »
It would be super to have Thanatos in the original uni.  More powerful and sturdier than our beloved Prometheus, faster than the mighty Zeus, it has become my go-to ship in uni 3. 

Offline Ark

• View Profile
Re: SFCO new ship please
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 05:24:18 PM »
Honestly, I would rather see the addition of a carm equivalent harvester.  Thans would be nice to have for NPC farming though.  Add both to sfco, would you please BFG?

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 04:27:23 AM »
or perhaps just allow carms to harvest if coupled with a dio

“And he who wields white, wild magic gold is a paradox. For he is everything and nothing. Hero and fool. Potent, helpless. And with one word of truth or treachery, He will save or damn the earth. Because he is mad and sane. Cold and passionate, Lost and found”

Offline Stem1986

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 06:42:00 PM »
How about a cargo ship that holds 1 trillion in resources?

Offline Elevas

• View Profile
    • Carpe Clunes Comedy
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 05:44:18 AM »
I would love a second mobile platform, though perhaps one that does not allow you to attack from it. Something that I can use as a mobile trade station and fleet ferry or something.

Sadly, I know such a platform would never allow any variant of a warp gate on it (even one that requires the gate to be activated and charged for an hour leading up to a jump or something), but I'd still love another way to move my resources around on a second mobile platform.
Elevas Sunchild, flooder fori and head of The Regiment
Moons owned - 14 (9 in O, 5 in 2)
Moons given - 36 (All on Purpose)
Best rank to date - 817 (SFCO)
First (in SFCO) to Energy Tech 17, I claim it!

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 06:21:45 PM »
many players been asking for such thing eon ago, BFG didnt even answered.
My enemy’s enemy is a problem for later: In the meantime, they might be useful.

Offline KK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 12:31:35 PM »
We're dealing with huge quantities of res these days, a much larger transport would be really useful.

How about something like a ship that can tow add-on modules, base capacity 1 trillion and each module adding a further 500 billion.

Just a thought...

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 08:53:25 PM »
Matt is dead..haven't you notice YET
My enemy’s enemy is a problem for later: In the meantime, they might be useful.

Offline Harbinger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 02:55:44 PM »
will never happen. BFG has abandoned the older uni's and are not fixing bugs, adding new features, and pay little to no attention to them.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 01:27:23 AM »
And the newer unis are simply reboots of the previous unis.

I work with a software company.  When we have a product that we still want to sell, but which we have no intention to enhance, we say that the product has been "stabilized".

SFC has been (almost) stabilized.  If you can justify a "crying need", such as providing a mechanism for doing faster resource conversions, BFG still will do it.  I made a case for more automated conversions, and they did it.  They didn't do it how I suggested it be done.  My approach was to provide a user interface that would enable a user to indicate how many conversions to do, and that's how many would be done.  But, the "press this link" approach is a heck of a lot better than the previous, highly-manual approach.  It cut the conversion time down from around 15 seconds per conversion to about 1.5 seconds per conversion, and kept a lot of the larger players, who need to do 100's of conversions at a shot, in the game.

So, don't give up suggesting enhancements.  If you can justify an essential enhancement to BFG, they will do it.

Offline Laughter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 09:10:05 PM »
And the newer unis are simply reboots of the previous unis.

I work with a software company.  When we have a product that we still want to sell, but which we have no intention to enhance, we say that the product has been "stabilized".

SFC has been (almost) stabilized.  If you can justify a "crying need", such as providing a mechanism for doing faster resource conversions, BFG still will do it.  I made a case for more automated conversions, and they did it.  They didn't do it how I suggested it be done.  My approach was to provide a user interface that would enable a user to indicate how many conversions to do, and that's how many would be done.  But, the "press this link" approach is a heck of a lot better than the previous, highly-manual approach.  It cut the conversion time down from around 15 seconds per conversion to about 1.5 seconds per conversion, and kept a lot of the larger players, who need to do 100's of conversions at a shot, in the game.

So, don't give up suggesting enhancements.  If you can justify an essential enhancement to BFG, they will do it.

Talk about favoritism! Since you no doubt pay the most $$$ to this game, of course they will listen to you. Even if they did not implement your idea completely, they still did. We have been wanting the UI redone ages ago, but this game company does not care unless it is about greed. Plain and simple.

Offline The Real Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 06:56:51 PM »
I quit playing Original Conquest because of the time spent Harvesting was ridiculous. I would spend about 3-4 hours collecting 1 Debris Field and that was with max dinos from my Heph. It averages out to about 40 trips. I complained for almost 2 years before I gave up. They have no interest in making any changes to older universes and as long as the player base continues to pour money into the new universes they will keep making them. Once the cost to maintain the servers is more than they are making they will shut it down.