contact
November 20, 2017, 07:54:11 AM

Author Topic: War Points  (Read 204 times)

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
War Points
« on: December 14, 2016, 09:44:07 PM »
So...I've been talking to a few players and we appreciate all that's been done to make wars more exciting in SFCO. I was told it wouldn't hurt to make this suggestion, now that we've had the War Point max raised and we still get one hit wars, to adjust how war points are calculated.

I don't know what goes in to these things, so I may not word this just right but here's my idea. For any given war, some players get caught and they have enough ships and/or resources that, if the attacker is capable of taking, the war is over whether it's set to 20m or 10T. My suggestion is that you cap war points on each attack. So, the same attack that would garner a player 10T in dsp (they'd get that no question) would only get them say 20m war points. I say we keep the war point number low... that way we don't have to set high war point totals to have fun wars.

Capping war points could possibly result in more ties or wars that end with the time limit set. It would encourage players to be more strategic in their attacks and defenses. It could engage more players at all levels. It would make for more exciting volleys of attacks instead of one and done wars. This could potentially remove the need for brackets and alliance size requirements as attacks would be necessary to score and destroying ships weakens your opponent, no matter the rank.

I feel like I'm forgetting something in my pitch, but there you go with some pros and cons and the general idea.

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
Re: War Points
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 09:13:56 AM »
Yes
you forgot that BFG dont give a crap about any change in Original.
My enemy’s enemy is a problem for later: In the meantime, they might be useful.

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 06:15:59 PM »
 :(

They did change the war point limits and added a time frame to wars...since I've started playing...

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 10:10:43 AM »
Yes .
during the Golden age...
now its nearly impossible to get an answer from BFG to even a simple question as ..what day are we ??
on Forum i say, Jason always do answer Email ..
but Forum is mainly use by Matt to promote new universe...
My enemy’s enemy is a problem for later: In the meantime, they might be useful.