contact
September 22, 2017, 07:55:43 AM

Author Topic: The point of uselessness on shipyards and capitols?  (Read 474 times)

Offline RLaburda

• View Profile
The point of uselessness on shipyards and capitols?
« on: January 10, 2017, 06:17:02 PM »
With the amount of resources available in some of the older universes (and the NPCs), I can envision a need for getting the most out of what you have.  To that end, is this assumption correct?

1.  Get the highest foundry you can get.  Shipyard @ 13 for heph and capitol @ 10 for foundry is good enough as that the foundry boosts will eventually remove any noticeable increases gained by higher capitols or shipyards
2.  Use the extra planet slots saved by not going nuts on shipyards and capitols on labs.  Since you can only get ARCNet 8 (or 17 for Hired Guns if you keep all 9 slots as experiment territories), the faster you can research, the better off you are.  When you're reaching the dreaded "9-count" of ships and defenses, the only way you can ensure you can win is by having higher AWS.  With enough AWS, your max fleet and defenses would overcome a 6-attacker wave with maximum ships coming at you.  I would imagine few are at this stage, but from reading on the hit on Boris, I could surmise that if he had more defs nearing the 9-cap and crazy AWS, those ELITE attackers would have rolled off him like rain on a slicker.
3.  Use the other slots for hydro mines and hydro storage.  You will always need gas, and with enough storage, you can use merchants to your advantage.

Eventually I will replace every sub-320 planet with one that is 320 to gain the best start, and will end up throwing a lot of spare cash at BFG for field boosts if 320 just won't manage, but I want the best and strive for it.

If some of these assumptions are off, can you elaborate why, especially on the shipyard and capitol part?  At the beginning, I'm making all 3 mines for some of the universes to get a good start where huge resources aren't readily available, but they will be torn down as the need for them is removed.
First warp gates in SFC Extreme - I claim it

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
Re: The point of uselessness on shipyards and capitols?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 07:38:26 PM »
Depends how long you want to wait for each foundry level to complete.  If you are talking about original, a foundry will take 50 hours with a level 10 Capitol.  Each and every level.  Foundry build time remains constant, unless you increase your Capitol between foundry level ups.  A level 34 capital with basic androids reduces that to 11 hours 18 minutes.  A level 43 capital with basic androids reduces thet to 4 hours 19 minutes.  A level 51 Capitol with basic androids will get you up to 75% build bonus. 

A level 51 research with basic androids will get you 75% research bonus.
A level 51 shipyard with basic androids will get you 75% build bonus, 81% with ship synergist.
A level 55 hydro storage with logistics commander will get you 20 quadrillion hydro per trade, 34Q at 56, much more than you can produce with even a level 100 hydro synthesizer.

A downside to such levels is that any NPCs attacked will have to be very green if you lose a major portion of your fleet for any reason due to the high RSP invested in infrastructure.

Offline RLaburda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 07:52:44 PM »
While the speed boosts will help, one thing you mentioned is what I am trying to avoid - NPCs getting out of reach of my fleet.  If I have 150k RSP in ships and 150k in buildings, that's decent; but if I have 200k in buildings and 100k in a fleet, those NPCs will might as well be as strong as the #1 player.

I didn't plan on going androids for some time (if I do at all), so I wanted the best bang for the buck.  1-day buildings on foundries doesn't bother me since I will most likely have 3 fleet-building planets and only upgrade 1 foundry at a time so the other 2 can build.
First warp gates in SFC Extreme - I claim it

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 08:58:49 PM »
Since you can only get ARCNet 8 (or 17 for Hired Guns if you keep all 9 slots as experiment territories),

Just a very little technicality, but technically (yeah) you can go ARC18 in Hired Guns. ARC18= 19 Rl accoutned for: 9 planets, 9 AEs linked to planets PLUS 1 AE linked to your Heph. :) This said I'd be very very surprised if anyone got that far because without foundries in Aes the highest you can put a RL there is maybe 21 (within a "reasonable" timeframe) and teching all the way to ARC 18 with a lvl 21 AE main lab... you'd need uber patience and the ROI (future time saved on that last additional lbl 18-21 AE) would be... I dont know.Very long!

A level 51 shipyard with basic androids will get you 75% build bonus, 81% with ship synergist.

Didnt BFG put a hard 75% cap on EVERYTHING (summed up together) after shitty Conquest broke everything?

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 09:00:38 PM »
If you buy the ship synergist and already have 75% build bonus, it increases to 81% for the day.

Offline Piemer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 05:12:45 AM »
As pointed out in the second post, shipyard and capitol is vital to advancing.  There ARE ONLY 6 buildings that are of use, foundry, capitol, shipyard, hydro storage, research lab and a level 4 factory. In Uni3, I currently have shipyard 53, capitol 51, research lab 54, factory 4, foundry 46, and hydro storage 59. It only takes 2:46 to raise my foundry. I have pulled far ahead of all the other players in Uni3.