contact
November 24, 2017, 07:40:53 AM

Author Topic: Planets with fields  (Read 292 times)

Offline TheRon007

• View Profile
Planets with fields
« on: April 21, 2017, 02:58:23 AM »
I have been sending colony ships to planets only to find out they have 100-200 fields.  Is there another way to discover how many fields are on a planet before sending a colony ship? (which, BTW, is kind of expensive)

The Ron

Offline Megatron

• View Profile
Re: Planets with fields
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 03:05:07 AM »
It randomly changes each go.
Took me nearly 200 goes to put my new planet next to anneas.
They was all between 70-90 fields then eventualy a 320 field arrived from nowhere.

Offline the red emperor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 05:08:32 PM »
There is a nice chart on the wiki page link at bottom on screen click colonies section. I think it has 32% chance to randomize but certain fields for other attempts. One thing to note colder the planet is higher hydro production but less sun for helios. (Higher planet slots) on lower planet slots it's warmer and better output for helios while hydro output is lower.

Sometimes you can get lucky and nail it 1-10 but sometimes we use to have competition's to see who would go the longest without getting a 320 field planet.

Offline Jasonb_03

• me Scrotus, you DSP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 04:17:02 AM »
Just keep at it. Try building as many gaia's as you can, let's say 5 is all you can keep up with for post's sake. Send out all five to same slot, leaving a couple of mins between each, so you can check fields and drop the planet before next one lands and you rinse and repeat. Commonly known as "piggy-backing", I've had over 20 headed to same spot before. You WILL eventually hit it lucky. Random is a ho sometimes, believe me, I know. I've spent untold numbers trying to get some keepers. I always hated that part of this game. they should just make all planets decent at least, getting 53 fields is like getting mugged. Sorry it's not easier, but that is as good as it gets as far as I know. Oh and I wouldn't waste time on the "planet surveyor" guy or whatever what good is a 53 field planet plus 25 woo hoo. If you hit a nice one the 25 extra means nothing, as I have hit many many 320 natural, where the planet dude can't even help you. Hope this helps you find a decent planet, or something new has happened since my active days
Jason AKA Scrotus ....old timer on these games. Shout out to my old friend Ian who taught me so much and helped me destroy so many fleets and hephs. May the liquor flow freely for you forever old friend.
I AM SCROTUS   HEAR ME ROAR lol

Offline Tybors Master

• We are stonger together, than we are apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 11:01:14 PM »
Do not develop a planet with less than 300 fields. Unless you are willing to spend the credits to upgrade your field counts.

As to expense.... waaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper to send colony ships, than to settle for a low field count planet. To settle for less, then develop the planet over months... then realize the FC is too low  and have to abandon it..... now THAT is expensive.

Offline Dead Zone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 09:50:40 PM »
Agreed, if you have a heph park it somewhere and send your Gaia from that, it'll save you on time instead of launching 20 ships 5 mins apart, where if you hit one you can recall the rest. I tell my guys never settle for less than 300 but 320 is best as long as you are at it.
Take note if you are trying to colonize in this fashion from your heph, I would recommend being in dmode if you are planning on using all of your fleet slots for this just so you're not a target. You can always come back out of dmode but sometimes it is better to be safe.

Offline Bulgarian Teal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 05:20:55 PM »
If you are active, I recommend setting up a launch pad colony. Send like 11 Gaia's at the same Time to the target system. If the first is a keeper, you're dang lucky. If not, you have 10 Gaia's to send at another spot. Do it like the previous comments suggest.
Good luck!!!

birthmark-ant