contact
December 18, 2017, 08:05:55 PM

Author Topic: One final farewell tournament...  (Read 2866 times)

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
Re: One final farewell tournament...
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2017, 02:37:23 PM »
Cold is up and running, looking forward to meeting you guys on the battlefield, good luck to all happy hunting

Offline Treakle the Sweet

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2017, 03:13:56 PM »
Time added one final combatant a few hours ago.  We have more than 10.

Offline Wedge Antilles

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2017, 03:59:53 PM »
People who are in d mode should not be allowed to comment on here, much less complain or critque another alliance's participation. But I guess that is all some people can do.

Offline Megatron

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2017, 04:01:36 PM »
Well why dont you do 1 then? Because theres no wedgey playing in this uni let alone this tourny. Freak.

Offline Brer Rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2017, 05:20:53 PM »
lol tourney isnt even started and here we go. Good luck and may the best team win :)

Offline Brer Rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2017, 10:18:27 PM »
Roflmao ... Mr P gonna be sloppy now he aint got mama ( VJ ) to hold his hand anymore

Offline Sgt Patriot

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2017, 02:52:18 AM »
Because then you dont have the locations in open parser.

It doesn't matter you can't parse certain system anyways like the crew in 3:300
Regards
Sgt Patriot
Klingon SuvwI'
Uni 1 - SVK
Uni 2 - ΒĻΔΚŲŊ

Offline Megatron

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2017, 10:10:06 AM »
YOU CANNOT IF YOUR IN THE SAME SYSTEM

Offline Sgt Patriot

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2017, 11:49:42 AM »
YOU CANNOT IF YOUR IN THE SAME SYSTEM

1. WOW really NO KIDDING Sherlock where did you park your squad car. Had you bothered to look you would have seen I'm NOT in that system. You can lead a robot to an oil bath but can't make him bath in it.

2. HAD you looked you'd have seen a number of planets there with ........... after the planet names. Now had you looked and then bothered to compare the results of open parser at a player level for that area to what is really there. You would have seen that there is a difference listed in for example the alliance they are in.

3. So if it can not be parsed the players utilizing such names on their planets are beating the Parser. They could move the planet to a different system. An as long as one planet remains in that system with that style name the moved planet will remain listed in the parser as well.

4. How do I know you ask? Prove it you say, very well I will. For my test I added said ........... to my Heph's name it was last seen.

Heph Location       Time Seen
[8:295:11h]       03-11-2017 17:00:35

Six months worth of testing was the plan and it proved correct. I have since removed the .......... from the Heph's name and it now sits at [13:25:11]

5. So if the player moves the planet and parser can't parse the system because of the name it will not parse the new location and said player has found a way to beat the system which means they are doing what ?? It's generally know as __________ you fill in the blank.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:26:19 PM by Sgt Patriot »
Regards
Sgt Patriot
Klingon SuvwI'
Uni 1 - SVK
Uni 2 - ΒĻΔΚŲŊ

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2017, 12:13:50 AM »
Hi, Sarge,

Open Parser isn't a BFG application, so taking advantage of weaknesses in the app isn't cheating.

What we need to do is ensure that Matt is aware of the issue.  If he decides to fix it in Open Parser, that's super!  If he decides to not fix it, that's okay, too. 

Just some random thoughts from here on in this note, really in no way connected to the previous discussion.

We've collectively benefited from a lot of free labor that was made public.  Best examples include:
  • The Eljer scripts
    Battle Mentat
    Open Parser

In the case of the first one, I know that Eljer isn't maintaining those anymore, although I've seen privately-maintained instances of some of his scripts.
For Battle Mentat, I think that Fat Buddha has pretty much stopped doing anything to that.
Matt keeps adding new unis to Open Parser, I don't know if he makes code fixes.

Be that as it may, I thank all of these fellows for their effort and helping us extend the fun we've gotten from this game.  For example, Fat Buddha donated BM's Large Battle Algorithm to BFG.  If he hadn't done that...  wow.  Any fleet engagement involving more than about a million ships would be a total crapshoot, with respect to how SFC would have calculated the results.  These games would have been dead about 4 years ago, if not for him.

Thanks to Eljer and others for giving us a much more usable SFC UI!

Thanks to Matt for an app I use most every day!

Kudos, kudos to you guys.

Offline Sgt Patriot

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2017, 04:46:52 AM »
Admiral T-Wayne sorry but I don't agree.

Boris leader of the now defunct KBF was of the same attitude when he cheated plugging in a negative ship number and got tons of res in return. Granted that was a BFG, bug but splitting hairs between BFG and other scripts we have all come to rely on, to justify it doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 10:37:40 AM by Sgt Patriot »
Regards
Sgt Patriot
Klingon SuvwI'
Uni 1 - SVK
Uni 2 - ΒĻΔΚŲŊ

Offline Bulgarian Teal

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2017, 12:40:19 AM »
I agree with the Admiral.

Using a little diligence and brain power, you can defeat those "Black Holes". It just takes some Time and a little work.

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2017, 07:07:34 AM »
I for one appreciate the time others have invested in this game to give me 8 years of fun

birthmark-ant