contact
September 19, 2017, 11:46:13 AM

Author Topic: One final farewell tournament...  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Captain Theodore

• View Profile
Re: One final farewell tournament...
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 06:30:02 PM »
So when is the proposed date of the start of the tourny?

Offline STONKER

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 09:27:50 PM »
Okay everybody has a view, just thought it would be more interesting frs but I do understand many alliances would struggle getting 10 players to do so  :)

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 12:53:22 AM »
Tournament Start Date - Last week of June (i.e. 6/25) tentative

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2017, 06:25:32 PM »
Hi All -

I'm posting the tournament rules again as requested -

Standard Tournament Rules Apply

The following tactics will constitute a forfeit by any alliance using them

Resource dumping
   Tag dropping while an attack is inbound
   Unwelcome Group defend

As for Unwelcome group defends -

If the joiner is from a different alliance in the tournament then:
   That's person's alliance will forfeit all of their Round Robin wars OR forfeits their round in the Elimination Round
   The Battle will be recalculated to determine the points that should have be awarded using Battlementat. Unfortunately it will then be on those 2 fighting alliance leaders to keep track of their points manually . The war continues until one side acquires enough points to win outright
   If the Battle would have resulted in a victory for either side then the losing side will surrender to grant victory to the winning alliance

If the joiner is from a different alliance not in the tournament then:
   The Battle will be recalculated to determine the points that should have be awarded using Battlementat. Unfortunately it will then be on those 2 fighting alliance leaders to keep track of their points manually (Matt - Please let me know if BFG might consider adjusting points). The war continues until one side acquires enough points to win outright.
   If the Battle would have resulted in a victory for either side then the losing side will surrender to grant victory to the winning alliance.
   Alliance leaders are responsibly for conveying & emphasizing the this rule and the consequences if its violated. Please make sure they know.

The prize pool is still TBD.

Rayman

Offline Tal-Khoraash

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 09:44:53 AM »
The Rigellian Compact is considering joining. Though we'll have to add some folks to meet the numbers required if we do decide to join in.
'Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed.'
Sun Tzu - Art of War

First Rigellian of SFCO RgC
Rigellian Compact (RgC) - 7 years strong as of 12/12/2016!

Offline Scott Antichow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2017, 10:54:55 PM »
The more the merrier. This doesn't have to be the last one either. Let's all.join up try this new scoring thing out. Maybe it is the ticket. It should allow the smaller players to get in on the action.

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2017, 11:36:14 AM »
I know we need to figure something out rather rapidly...The Mongols are nowhere near 10 active... 😟

We would welcome members who want to participate.

And I like the idea of banning p mode. Figure it out. Fail safe my butt... That is exactly what used to make this game so fun. Life getting in the way. Forgetting. Oversleeping. And that panic when you log in and see your message counter and trying to figure out if all your stuff is safe. F*** p mode.

Now that's not to say p mode should go away from the game but it should be used sparingly.

Offline Treakle the Sweet

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2017, 02:39:38 PM »
I never understood why people use p mode anyway.  It costs a lot more than fleetsaves.

Offline Scott Antichow

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2017, 08:45:00 PM »
P mode can be activated and stopped at a moment's notice. There was a time not too long ago where it was cheaper to p mode rather than fleet save. Now it is cheaper to fleet save rather than p mode. P mode can be used as a tactic as well.although I am not in a big hurry to explain it on here.

Offline Scott Antichow

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2017, 09:53:03 PM »
I wonder if personal messages need to be sent out to each alliance leader and ask them to post the tournament info on their boards. I am thinking that not a lot of players are reading this forum.

Offline Treakle the Sweet

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2017, 12:16:57 AM »
P markers have always been more expensive than FRS.  I do agree that it is nice to come out of it when you like, but I am an organized person, so I set my fleetsaves to my schedule (or the one what's her name sets for me).

Offline Megatron

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2017, 10:09:18 AM »
Does not matter how many players you have.
What matters is you take part.
And so long as theres a time limit then you cannot play for a draw as we should give out points aswell for failed attacks.

Offline CMDR Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2017, 01:02:17 AM »
With all the complex rules to try ans level the playing field, who is preforms all the calculations.

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2017, 02:41:18 AM »
Well I'll be performing the official calculations so I will need to know how many ships were used in an attack. All fleet strengths are taking at the start of each round(s).

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2017, 08:09:22 PM »
Battle reports have ship counts in them...that's easy enough.