contact
December 18, 2017, 04:39:09 PM

Author Topic: One final farewell tournament...  (Read 2861 times)

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
One final farewell tournament...
« on: May 30, 2017, 04:18:39 AM »
Hi All -

I'm starting to put together one last tournament for us but need to know which alliances will be up for perhaps the final tournament this universe will see. I'll post the details later this week and will try to send out message to the various alliance leaders.

My thinking is that the tournament will start the 3rd full week of June 18th or perhaps the last depending on when alliances can be ready. Please let me know which alliances are up for this.

Thanks,
Rayman

Offline Lord Hurricane

• do the happy dance
    • View Profile
Re: One final farewell tournament...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 01:08:24 AM »
That would be nice  8)

have my own alliance butt not enough members to compete if this tournament really starts
alliances that needs extra players  to compete can always contact me
Lord Hurricane Ranked 78 on the leaderboard

Offline Treakle the Sweet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 02:28:46 AM »
Time Wasters will be available when you are.

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 03:17:58 AM »
The Mongols.

I'm so excited! Of course we'll need the rules to see if we'll be able to qualify.

Offline Scott Antichow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 06:04:54 AM »
Sounds like fun!!

Offline Megatron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 11:08:18 AM »
About time. I have had to hibernate for months out of boredom.

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 11:56:32 PM »
Sorry for the long delay. Work has been insane for me as of late. Will post the scoring system shortly. The system basically rewards risks but doesn't prevent people from attacking like they always do.

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 03:01:20 AM »
Hi All -

For the upcoming tournament, all of the standard tournament rules apply that we've used with our previous tournaments. If I need to post them I will dig them up and put them here. Let me know.

As for the scoring system, I've watched how these tournaments and non-tournament wars have devolve into only the largest players hunting while the majority of alliance members staying in FRS / P-mode / d-mode. I know there are exceptions to what I've said but for the most part this is how our wars go at this point. This scoring system is designed to reward those who take risks versus those who don't (i.e. send such overwhelming force the defender has no choice but to run away or be destroyed). I'm fully aware this is valid tactic. The unfortunate side effect has resulted in wars that aren't as engaging. It should be noted that this system doesn't prevent this tactic only reduces its reward. Its a player's choice. My goal is to change this pattern and provide everyone with a sense that they can make an impact other than hiding away. Over the course of time, our community has segmented into 2 tournaments - Main and "JV". I want to bring them together under one roof for a large tournament. Remember Tournament 2? We had 15 alliances vying for the crown. This is an attempt to recapture that time. 

Alliances will earn "strike points" for success full attacks and defends / ninjas. The game's actually war points are used to determine if an attack or defend hits the threshold to be considered for awarding "strike points". While this scoring system isn't perfect (I'm sure people will find exploits and things to nick pick) its my attempt to level the playing field for all alliances to compete under one roof. And now without further hesitation, the scoring system -

SCORING SYSTEM

The scoring system is based on fleet strengths of the attacker versus the defender's total fleet strength. All fleet strengths are determine and posted at the start of each round. This is the number that will be used to calculate the strike points awarded (See Chart & Examples below)

Note - A successful Attack / Defend must generate a minimum of 25k war points. All successful defends are worth 500 strike points - no more, no less.

ATTKR Force vs. Defender's Total Fleet Str.      STRIKE POINTS
                   0 - 10%                                              5000
                   11- 25%                                              3750
                   26 - 50%                                             2500
                   51 - 75%                                             1250
                   76 - 100%                                           1000
                  101 - 125%                                           500
                  126 - 150%                                           250
                  151% or more                                       100

Example - Ship vs Ship
  • Player A launches an attack against Player B.
  • Player A uses 6000 ships in the strike. Player B has a total fleet strength of 10000.
  • Player A's attack is 60% of Player B's total strength. If Player A's attack is successful and scores more than 25k war points (i.e. game's point tracker) then Player A's alliance gains 1250 strike points
Example 2 - Resource Strike
  • Player C launches an attack on Player D's planet
  • Player C's attack force is 20% of Player D's total fleet strength
  • Player C's grabs resources that net 19k war points which would generate 0 strike points

As a side note, the reason behind successful defends being valued at 500 and not based on the chart is again to promote / reward the attackers. I'm more than willing to discuss this point with anybody.

I realize that scoring system presented here is a change and different from what this community is used to playing with. Its my hope that we'd see more activity in terms of attacks from different players who aren't accustom to doing so. Will this require some modifications on our approach to playing perhaps but wouldn't that be a good thing? Some will likely not like this system and that's fine. Its everyone's choice to participate or not. I offer this as a change of pace and possibly breathe a little life back into our game.

TOURNAMENT

Depending on the number of participating alliances will determine exactly the format we'll follow (i.e. Round robin, Single Elimination, Double Elimination, etc.). Further once I know the numbers of alliances I'll work with Blue Frog to determine the tournament's rewards. A while ago I talked with them and the more alliances playing general will result in a bigger reward.

Parameters
  • Each Round will last 3-weeks in length
    • War points will be set to max
    • If a war ends due to war points being exceeded the sides will immediately issue a new war request and remain at war for the 3-week duration
    • At the end of the 3 week period whichever alliance has the most Strike points is declared the winner of that round.
  • Alliances need 10 active members
  • Diplomacy rate 75%
  • Inactive don't count
  • Tournament Start Date - Last week of June (i.e. 6/25) tentative
More to come soon. If you have any question feel free to send them to me. I'll start pinging the individual alliances to see who wants in.

Rayman

P.S. I'm open to discussing numbers for anything above. I also want to thank T-Wayne for his input on the above system.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 01:24:47 PM by Rayman of HV »

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 04:33:34 AM »
I'll discuss with Justice but unless we get an influx of players who want to participate, I think the parameters will rule The Mongols out.  :-\

Offline Wedge Antilles

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 01:14:11 AM »
Add a rule about people in d mode not being allowed to post in war threads and I bet you would have more interest.

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 02:08:59 AM »
Well there's no way to enforce any such rule but I hear you.

Offline Megatron

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 08:57:16 PM »
Or people that use a different forum name to their game name so they can chat crap while hiding themselves.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 11:15:51 PM »
Hello, Rayman,

I'm pretty certain you can count the HODdists in.  Let me vet this with my leadership team to ensure I have their agreement.

Offline STONKER

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 12:40:31 PM »
Could we push for 10 active players always?

No p mode either, unless 10 are active, it should not really be an issue unless players have forgotten how to frs. Go back to old school play before markers and would make a lot more interesting.

Offline Captain Theodore

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 06:27:22 PM »
Based on will play in this tourny. No I would insist on P mode being allowed. Many of us have real life issues and cannot be online at time of fleets return from Fleetsave. P mode is a failsafe for many of us.