contact
September 22, 2017, 07:57:18 AM

Author Topic: New Universe JUNE 29, 2017  (Read 994 times)

Offline Bud Abing

• View Profile
New Universe JUNE 29, 2017
« on: June 27, 2017, 11:53:36 PM »
By "New Universe" do you mean just another release of an existing uni or something totally new?
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Darth Sparkus

• View Profile
Re: New Universe JUNE 29, 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 03:45:09 AM »
Launches on my birthday...Happy Birthday to me indeed!

Offline Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 04:23:37 PM »
So today is the 29th already 17.20 here in the UK and still no news of the new uni  :o ::) ;D

Perharps it is Matt who is needing the fireworks lit under his ass lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P

Naughty One ;)

Offline Darth Sparkus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 07:03:56 PM »
Nothing new, just a rehash of Nova. Big disappointment.

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 11:06:57 PM »
So today is the 29th already 17.20 here in the UK and still no news of the new uni  :o ::) ;D

Perharps it is Matt who is needing the fireworks lit under his ass lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P

MAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Offline Rohi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 02:40:21 AM »
It MIGHT be an idea especially for the NEW players to the game to post the specifics of the Uni as in what makes Nova different from the others etc as else some players are in the dark

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 02:05:41 PM »
It MIGHT be an idea especially for the NEW players to the game to post the specifics of the Uni as in what makes Nova different from the others etc as else some players are in the dark

http://wiki.playstarfleet.com/index.php/Nova
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn

Offline Laughter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 02:11:08 PM »
So just a bit different formulas used to the existing formats. Same broken UI which has been requested by many players to be fixed. It is time that another company develops a game like this one so maybe then, BFG will gets off its rear and do some programming maintenance on their software.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 03:25:11 PM »
So just a bit different formulas used to the existing formats. Same broken UI which has been requested by many players to be fixed. It is time that another company develops a game like this one so maybe then, BFG will gets off its rear and do some programming maintenance on their software.

What is 'broken' about the UI? As far as I know, it's working as designed and we don't have any open bug report for any issues.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Ziorus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 07:52:35 AM »
What is broken with the UI... are you joking Matt? I only sent two request for the UI to be updated which has YET to happen. I know many other players too are not happy with the large numbers that cannot be displayed all at once. Also what about the fleet save bug. So please, do not say the UI or the even the game is not broken.

Here are just some poor UI programming:

1. Biggest is fixed widths on the page.
2. Fixed imaged size for where the resources are in. Now the numbers go beyond the right side of the image.
3. Fleet page. Input text areas width are very limited.
4. Galaxy page. The action column is gonna soon be limited to show one action making the whole row for the slot type to be higher than what it really needs.

So please do not lie to us and tell us that there were never bug reports. The UI is clearly out dated for the amounts of resources and ships currently being played. Blue Frog Gaming should show that they care about their players and fix these issues.

Z

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 05:49:46 PM »
Let me know when people completely stop playing via Facebook so we can stop making the game function within an iFrame. Then we might be able to address some of the fixed width 'issues', but they aren't game breaking.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline DolphinDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 07:30:43 PM »
It is time that another company develops a game like this one so maybe then, BFG will gets off its rear and do some programming maintenance on their software.

lol - wasn't SFC already the copy of OGame?

Offline Ziorus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 05:23:31 AM »
Let me know when people completely stop playing via Facebook so we can stop making the game function within an iFrame. Then we might be able to address some of the fixed width 'issues', but they aren't game breaking.

As a web programmer, if this is the excuse, then it the poorest one ever. The layout can still be redone and fit properly in a iFrame. I mean come on, layouts are being done for different web browsers and devices such as smart phones, tablets, etc. I just cannot believe what we just read as the excuse.

Offline Ziorus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 05:39:26 AM »
Also just want to point out that I am sure Facebook would be able to "help" BFG out with making sure the IFrame does not restrict the game play in any fashion if the UI were to be improved. All it takes is the will and know how from BFG.

birthmark-ant