contact
September 22, 2017, 07:57:46 AM

Author Topic: Planet moves 75% off?  (Read 338 times)

Offline Calico Jack

• View Profile
Planet moves 75% off?
« on: June 30, 2017, 01:20:31 AM »
news in Extreme 2 says planet moves 75%off.

Normal cost  250,000 credits

Offer    187,500 credits

Is this a new age math BFG is using?

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: Planet moves 75% off?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 02:03:39 PM »
75% of cost. ;)
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Laughter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 02:07:27 PM »
It is called false advertising. Something of which BFG does not seem to care about.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 03:23:54 PM »
It is called false advertising. Something of which BFG does not seem to care about.

False advertising is the use of misleading, false, or unproven information to advertise products to consumers. None of those occurred. It was a typographical error and was promptly corrected. Sorry if this somehow impacted you negatively, but I doubt it actually did since the price was actually correct the entire time.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Ziorus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 08:36:31 AM »
A typo, even though a typo, which leads a players to "click" on the so call sale thinking it was 75% off from 250,000 and find out they were actually charged just the 25% off is not misleading? I know you were once a lawyer but to cause people to react to the 75% off typo is misleading. I do hope those that had already clicked onto this do get their 75% off or get their credits back.

Offline -

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 10:21:23 AM »
You can't blame a company for people being to simple to read.
Whenever money is involved one should be smart enough to read exactly what they are buying instead of just click away.
The just click don't read mentality is exactly why people get infected with malware or worse randsom ware.

If you want to change the world....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PivWY9wn5ps

Offline Ziorus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 02:43:40 PM »
So you are okay with companies taking advantage of "people being to simple to read"?

Offline Laughter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 04:17:07 PM »
So you are okay with companies taking advantage of "people being to simple to read"?

It is how I see it too. Pretty good explanation too Jason since you were once a lawyer but now a manager at Best Buy. Makes me wonder...

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 05:41:34 PM »
It is how I see it too. Pretty good explanation too Jason since you were once a lawyer but now a manager at Best Buy. Makes me wonder...

Who is Jason?

If you meant Matt, still a lawyer.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 05:43:11 PM »

Clearly, 'Laughter' wasn't too simple to read. He saw the ad, then checked the price and made a decision not to buy. Unless you know something about him I don't, seems he was plenty competent with his own money. This was the only 'complaint' we received about the ad wording and it was promptly fixed.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Laughter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 07:33:28 AM »
Who is Jason?

If you meant Matt, still a lawyer.

Matt... Jason... really does not matter since you and this company treats its players... like crap. Happy I stopped playing a long time ago. In fact, I hope you all keep on forgetting your players as we develop our own version of a game like this one (don't worry Mr. Lawyer, our lawyers will make sure we stay away from copyrights, etc...) as we will be more than happy to take the players to a game that will be maintain and regularly updated.

Offline -

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 08:34:01 AM »

I find it disturbing that people tend to shift their responsebilities to third parties all the time these days.
Everyone is responsible for his own wallet, if you are to simple to read you shouldn't be buying stuff on the internet. Plain and simple.
If you need your food to be chewed before eating it you should attend kindergarten instead of playing games on the internet.

Offline -

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2017, 08:37:49 AM »
Matt... Jason... really does not matter since you and this company treats its players... like crap. Happy I stopped playing a long time ago. In fact, I hope you all keep on forgetting your players as we develop our own version of a game like this one (don't worry Mr. Lawyer, our lawyers will make sure we stay away from copyrights, etc...) as we will be more than happy to take the players to a game that will be maintain and regularly updated.

For someone who quit a long time ago you are quite active trolling the forums.
And for you information, there already is another version of this game, it's called OGame, if you don't feel happy here, go there.

Offline Laughter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 09:04:11 AM »
For someone who quit a long time ago you are quite active trolling the forums.
And for you information, there already is another version of this game, it's called OGame, if you don't feel happy here, go there.

OGame is just as bad. I am on the board recently to see if BFG had ever started to care about its players. Funny you felt that was important to this topic.

Offline -

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 12:48:25 PM »

OGame is just as bad. I am on the board recently to see if BFG had ever started to care about its players. Funny you felt that was important to this topic.

That is because I am annoyed by the negative tone in this forum, which has been going on for years now.
People can point to BFG for players walking away, but the truth is, a lot players (esp. new players) start walking away after reading the negative brew on this forum.
And yes, the negativity started way before BFG cut down the costs leaving just Matt and Jason assigned to the game.

Sure some negative remarks realy do have a point, but for 80% of the negative remarks on this forum it is just ordinary whining of people being stupid to push a button without reading or loosing their fleet because they forgot to FRS.
This topic is just another one of those examples, grow up, grow some balls, start taking your own reponsibilty and read the fracking description.
And for folks that quit a long time ago... STFU and move on with your live allready.

Ow and if you feel offended by that last line, thats probably because you are one those that should follow that advice.