contact
November 20, 2017, 03:48:25 AM

Author Topic: Advanced Strategies  (Read 16566 times)

Offline IronEyes

• View Profile
Re: Advanced Strategies
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2011, 01:03:29 AM »
Quote from: "fornov"
You can counter this by sending two separate group defend fleets - one to arrive a few seconds before the attack is supposed to land, and a second one to arrive a minute after the attack lands.

If a player slows the attack and probes, you can recall the first defending fleet.  The second one will still arrive in time to successfully defend.  You would probably do this with two separate defenders, but if your defending fleet is large enough, one player could do it.

I agree that this is a nice counter for anyone who slow probes their attack fleet by one minute or less.  But for those who do a single slow probe to decrease the attack by two minutes will defeat your counter.  Most ninja defends (even those who are using a second defending fleet) will be caught by a 2 min slow probe unless it is planned for.  A two minute slow probe will allow for a triple probe method, i.e. one probe sent to land at the original attack land time, another one min after and one to land 30 seconds before the altered landing time will normally catch a defending fleet in time to pull an attack.  Landing a probe even 15 seconds before your attack lands in this scenario will give sufficient time to pull an attack.  
The best advise though when slow probing your attacks is to mix up your times so that a pattern of slow probing can not be used against you.  In other words, if you only do one min twenty second slow probes and a determined player is out to get you they only need patience to time your attacks.   By knowing you always slow probe to one min and twenty seconds they can plan accordingly.  But if you mix up the time of your slow probe you can significantly reduce the chance of getting yourself ninja'd.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Come up sometime and see me, when I got nothin on but the radio and a sweet ninja standin by just waitin to smash your fleet.