Author Topic: Question  (Read 8005 times)

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 01:02:39 AM »
thats a bull answer laz...its not about supporting the game anymore, its about buying millions of credits...i have always supported the game, but im not gonna pay the equivalent of a nice swiss omega to give me an advantage.....
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 01:53:29 AM »
8)   as im sure everyone has enjoyed the week long vacation from your trolling!

Leave it to Grace to draw me back to the forum :P
Profit=Growth=Advancement=Good

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 01:54:53 AM »
what makes you think I would go after you?  8)

The issue with vdt is instant completes to gain levels on others in shorter spaces of time. This is a serious issue for the game whether you think so or not.

Interesting, I never managed to get locked or even attacked by anyone without ever having to instant complete a VDT, or instant complete anything having to DO with VDT. Some people just play the game better, Grace.

As for what makes me think you'd nuke me......I don't know, there's only 4 or 5 threads dedicated to me, by you :P

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 01:59:07 AM »
Well then, for the one's who WILL pay, then its an even playing field, I think. Which isn't to say non-paying guests can't find enjoyment with the game anyways. But if your goal is to win, and paying participants would seem to have an advantage (so im told) then its more of a personal decision on the individual's part to either contribute financially to the health of the game, or just go along as best as ya can on a free ride.

If you are truly good at this game, patient, smart, and plan well ahead, nobody will have an advantage over you, even if they spend a billion dollars. It also helps if you have a lot of time to sink into the game. I've seen guys spend a ton to get short bursts of rank over me, only to pass them the next week because I'm a better hunter and have(had) more time to sink into the game. Infrastructure can only take you so far sometimes.

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 01:04:27 PM »
@BrianC, yup, it has always been my contention that the most important factor (other than skill) is the amount of TIME one can invest. But it seems some people think that spending wads of their grandchildren's inheritance is the key. See Reny's response to me as an example. I spend some loot in the game I play but certainly not "billions" or millions, or even thousands. But my contribution goes towards being able to log on and find the game still here for me to enjoy. If that discourages some people who like to sneak on the bus without paying, oh well I say, enjoy your free ride and quit complaining about me having a seat.

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 03:14:45 PM »
@BrianC, yup, it has always been my contention that the most important factor (other than skill) is the amount of TIME one can invest. But it seems some people think that spending wads of their grandchildren's inheritance is the key. See Reny's response to me as an example. I spend some loot in the game I play but certainly not "billions" or millions, or even thousands. But my contribution goes towards being able to log on and find the game still here for me to enjoy. If that discourages some people who like to sneak on the bus without paying, oh well I say, enjoy your free ride and quit complaining about me having a seat.

I bought 8 hour P modes. Apparently I'm a bad person and somehow negatively affected the game because I "spent money to get an advantage".

Truth be told, an 8 hour P mode isn't an advantage, it is a security blanket for my poor little helios and defenses, and giant mines.

Then again, people like Grace seem to think that because I'm ahead of her, I have to be spending millions, nay, billions to do so. It couldn't be the fact that I'm better, had a better alliance, or had more time to invest, or (and here's the big one) took the time to plan ahead and coordinate my efforts appropriately.

You can't get mad at someone for spending money to gain an "advantage" that is their prerogitive, I caught and passed nearly every single one of them on my account based on play time and hunting "skill", without having to spend a fortune to complete mines and foundries and so forth. It certainly wasn't easy, and my entire game depended on me constantly hunting player fleets to stand a chance while I got to that infrastructure threshold with mines and such.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 03:59:19 PM »
 ;D...lol...nobody is talking about you here brian..not about your spending of a reasonable amount of credits anyways...the simple fact is that this game, and season one were both competely dominated by players that spent an unreasonable amount of credits, and obviously a hell of alot of time as well on the game, the only thing that stopped them from dominating the tourneys  completely was sheer boredom....comander c was in p mode for almost 3 weeks at christmas time, still held the number one spot when he returned, then he went p mode again for a long time, it was only after spending well over 1/4 of the total tourney time that elapsed was he finally overtaken....your old account, you remember the one that you built?....it was and still is way inferior to his account....p.s...i see you got another big hit...which of your alliance members did you attack this time with the account you were  given?
suck it up monkey boy!

Grace

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 04:13:47 PM »
Well then, for the one's who WILL pay, then its an even playing field, I think. Which isn't to say non-paying guests can't find enjoyment with the game anyways. But if your goal is to win, and paying participants would seem to have an advantage (so im told) then its more of a personal decision on the individual's part to either contribute financially to the health of the game, or just go along as best as ya can on a free ride.

I have no problem with supporting the game. However, there is a difference between supporting the game and paying to win, which is effectively what season 2 is all about in vdt and trade merc.

The game is branded as a strategy game so that is what people expect to get when they sign up, not a pay to win system.

Grace

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 04:20:53 PM »
Lazoputz I am just curious whether or not you are actually playing season 2 of the tournament and have actual experience with the dynamics of trade merc and vdt in this particular uni?

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 04:23:38 PM »
 :o 8) ::)   rolf...oh brian...did you hit your old account...?...wow...just wow!
suck it up monkey boy!

Grace

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 04:34:28 PM »
:o 8) ::)   rolf...oh brian...did you hit your old account...?...wow...just wow!

For real?  8)

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 04:40:32 PM »
looks like it ;D
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Dark Eye

• Still Playing?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 04:56:04 PM »
he hit snipper a few minutes after he quit empire, and was still on his buddy list.
Alliance Leader of Empire in U3 and E3

Offline Admiral Lermontov

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 05:13:58 PM »
What a guy! Hell of a hunter! Takes a special kind of skill to invite friends into Group Attacks then ninja them!
Extreme Admiral Lermontov, StarWars Ret.
Nova Captain Jack StarWars, Ret.
Tournament Season 1 Captain Jack, StarWars Top 100
Tournament Season 2 Captain Jack, StarWars #4

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 05:25:29 PM »
 ;D...wow..
suck it up monkey boy!