Author Topic: New dynamics from an established feature... please discuss  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Grace

• View Profile
New dynamics from an established feature... please discuss
« on: February 02, 2021, 10:10:57 PM »
I appreciate that BFG don't have the time or the staff to implement anything radical or new, so I've been thinking a bit over the last few days how to liven up the game and produce new dynamics from established game features that wouldn't take too much time investment on their part. I also realise that this is a feature suggestion, but I posted it here because I hope that we can have a discussion about it to see how feasible it is and what potential new dynamics this might produce if it were implemented in a new uni.

So the idea is that all ships are modified to alter the outcome of battles so that all ships behave like the empusa when they are stationary. ie they don't participate in the battle unless they are actively powered up attacking a target. So basically you launch at a target and all weapons, armour and shield are powered up. However, when your ships are sitting stationary on your own planet or moon, they are not powered up so AWS are all inactive. They are effectively nothing but fodder. This also more accurately reflects real world battle outcomes. (Think pearl harbour)

I'm not a programmer so my first question is how easy is it for BFG to implement this with minimal time and fuss? This is already the case with the empusa so can this be implemented on every other ship without too much time and effort? A small tweak producing a new effect?

2nd question... do you think this would liven up the game and what game dynamics do you envision would be altered as a result of this? The first one I can think of is that ninja's and group defends wouldn't work the same way...  which would encourage players to take more risks attacking other players. However, even a bigger player would have to keep an eye on a returning attack for risk of oracle lock from a smaller player. Although his fleet might be bigger and more powerful, his battle techs wouldn't be active once he returned to base.

My 3rd question is do you think this would be fun would liven up the game and make it more interesting?

Finally... would you play it? If not why not?

I think it might be worth trying out for one new uni to see how it goes if it is possible for bfg to do it. What harm could it do looking at the life spans of new unis anyway? If anything, it might generate a little buzz and bring a few old curious players back to the game.

Thanks for reading

Grace

« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 11:34:14 PM by Grace »

Offline Kepler Dark

• View Profile
Re: New dynamics from an established feature... please discuss
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 01:21:49 AM »
I like it, sounds realistic and feasible

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 08:54:27 PM »
Is it easy enough to adjust the code to implement this? I'm not a coder so I would love to hear something from someone who understands the coding.

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 06:57:36 AM »
Some players who I've spoken with like this idea and think it would be interesting so could you possibly make it happen, Matt? Can you do it?

It might work better in a nova universe if you exclude ships which are classed as defensive such as the Zeus and the curetes. Both of these ships would remain active when stationary due to their defensive nature.

Offline Anthonycouts

• View Profile
I need help
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2021, 09:29:49 PM »
Hello everybody! Forgive me my english please. Can you tell me how can I quickly contact with forum administration?

Offline OwenAvery

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 11:10:24 AM »
Really sounds good, if I may say so!)  :)

Offline Hitboy

• View Profile
    • Topratedsearch
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 08:10:25 PM »
That wonít happen, all they want is your money.
Every uni these days is just rinse and repeat, correct me if Iím wrong!?