contact
August 18, 2018, 02:57:12 PM

Author Topic: Hierarchy in rulings from Support Staff at BFG  (Read 728 times)

Offline Got2BDrunk Dan Larrivee

• View Profile
Hierarchy in rulings from Support Staff at BFG
« on: January 08, 2013, 11:10:37 PM »
OK, so a situation came up - without further elaboration to save some face for those involved

Can we have the hierarchy of chain of command from the help desk support staff?

See, we have instances where one support staff member tells us one thing, and then he is overruled by another without recourse or fair warning.

If there truely is only one grand poo-bah of support, can we request any answer we not get from that person to be referred to that person for final, binding, ultimate ruling?
Unimat0 Drunken Nuclear Tactician & holder of the Unimat0 Nuclear Football
Co-Chief Admiral Drone of the Fleet
Master in Chief of Gimmicks

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: Hierarchy in rulings from Support Staff at BFG
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 11:46:49 PM »
I'm fully aware of the situation your referencing. The rule Jason articulated was applied, not overruled. You can't log in to an account "yesterday" and then attack it today and claim, "But I attacked from a different IP today."

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Capt.Blackbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 11:51:41 PM »
As brief as i can Here it is. I made the mistake of logging in on my Phone at my friends house that also has an account. He does not play and I have been farming him. Before I ever starting farming I wrote and asked Jason if it was okay to do this. I was told it was okay. Then when I was suspended for logging in at my friends house thus giving me and my friend the same IP address I then asked again if farming him was legal for which I got this reply.

Jason, Dec 31 17:34 (EST):
Yes you are in D mode. It would be fine for you attack him if you weren't logging in from the same ip address as him. However I show both your accounts logging in from the same ip address.

So thinking it was okay I began to resume farming again only to be suspended again and when I asked why I then received this from Matt.

Matt Hirschfelt, Jan 08 17:43 (EST):
After reviewing the accounts it appears that both accounts have been accessed from the same IP address within the past 28 days. As such, you were suspended for same IP attacks.

Matt Hirschfelt
Blue Frog Gaming

I thought what I was doing had BFG's blessing or I would have never done it at all. How was i to know about a 28 day rule. I have never herd or read about a 28 day rule and do not see how this action is fair.

Offline Got2BDrunk Dan Larrivee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 12:40:40 AM »
So, I assume you did not farm him when you were at his house right?

So, Matt, can please post a link or something, if possible, as edjumication tool, to the "28 day" rule you are referencing?  I looked in the "rules" link in the forums and the game and cannot find anything.  All in the spirit of co-operation and playing within the "rules"

With best regards,
Drunken Dan (sober state < 50%)
Unimat0 Drunken Nuclear Tactician & holder of the Unimat0 Nuclear Football
Co-Chief Admiral Drone of the Fleet
Master in Chief of Gimmicks

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 10:18:02 AM »
So let me get this right, if I were to say, have a lan party and 4 players come over that play starfleet, and those 4 players have smartphones who check on their accounts at my house using my wifi, I am not allowed to attack them because we briefly shared the same IP?

So you're saying BFG doesn't want me to have fun with other people? :/

Jason/Matt, I understand what you're doing here, trust me, I've been tipping off BFG to multi accounters since the game started, but perhaps instead of looking at it like "they have shared the same IP once in 28 days", we need to be looking at it like, "In the last 28 days we've noticed that both accounts have logged in over 5 times each from the same IP", and from there we slap someone on the wrist.

I mean, what happens if I go to mcdonalds and hop on their wifi with starfleet? I know of at least 9 other starfleet players from SFCO that have been to that mcdonalds, if I were playing SFCO and attacked them, would I be suspended too? All because we all decided over the last month that we want to be fatties and eat unhealthy food?

Does BFG really need to punish fat people further? I mean honestly.
Profit=Growth=Advancement=Good

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 01:56:07 PM »
The rule specifically states as follows:

Each player is allowed to control a single account per Universe. If two or more accounts are usually, occasionally, or permanently being played from the same network (e.g. schools, universities, Internet cafes, etc.) it is highly recommended to notify Support at http://starfleetcommander.zendesk.com/. In these cases the accounts will not be permitted to attack one another for any reason.

So if you're going to play the game from the same location as another player, you will not be permitted to attack their account. 'Within the past 28 days' was a reference to the records that I had at my immediate disposal without having a developer grab additional records our of the database for me.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 02:15:40 PM »
Matt, because im a country bumpkin, I need a bit of clarification on that, if you please. I understand the part about not attacking the other accounts that may occasionally use my ip address when visiting, and its easy enough for us to follow that rule, since we are in the same alliance. My question is this: If say my daughter is at her home address, would we be able to do moonshots at that time, or is it strictly forbidden to EVER attack each other? Further to that, I feed two of the other accounts that may use my address, resources to help them build up, and while I know that is completely within the rules while we are at separate locations, is it permissible when they are visiting or is that too not allowed?
Sorry if these questions are seemingly noob style, but as you know historically, I play completely within the rules (at least as I understand them) and would like to maintain that concept.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 02:27:08 PM »
As the accounts cannot attack each other due to sharing an IP address occasionally or regularly, moonshots are not permitted.

Sending the other accounts resources, so long as it is pulling, is fine at all times.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Capt.Blackbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 09:33:15 PM »
Just wanted to thank all of you players for your input and I can see it bothers some of you as well. I went to work today and talk to my work mate Capt Jack about the suspension only to find he was also suspended. It should be noted that he was no part of this had no idea at the time of the attack what I was doing. I just told him this moring at work. There was no PM communication between us it was completely my mistake but yet he was also with any proof that he had any part suspended. So that tells me you can if you wanted get someone totally innocent suspended as long as you did not mind it as well. Just a thought to further think about as to if the rules may need adjusting.

Offline LittleDaveHedgehog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 11:29:27 PM »
As the accounts cannot attack each other due to sharing an IP address occasionally or regularly, moonshots are not permitted.

Sending the other accounts resources, so long as it is pulling, is fine at all times.

Don't take this the wrong way as I know when inforcing rules what pleases one player will annoy at least two others, however until I read this I thought the only rule on moonshots is if a lower ranked player, for whatever reason, gave a moonshot to a higher ranked player, the same should be sent back i.e play A ranked 500 sends 10,000 arties at player B who is ranked 250. To stay within the rules, player B MUST send 10,000 arties to their doom at player A to stay within DSP pushing rules.

With What Matt has stated above, two friends/relatives/work colleagues who play on the same IP either occasionally or always can never ever give each other a moonshot? I think most of my moons across all the uni's I play came from two people - one a work colleague, the other my best mate - and I know I was playing at least 70% of the time on the same IP as at least one of them.... Mind you, I never got suspended for it...

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 03:52:05 PM »
LDH says :"Mind you, I never got suspended for it..." ahahaahahahahah, til now, just kidding