contact
May 27, 2018, 07:49:49 AM

Author Topic: So, let me get this straight  (Read 813 times)

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
So, let me get this straight
« on: February 01, 2013, 06:50:12 PM »
I handed down an account and notified  BFG of this, took over Bodlins account, handed mine down to YOYO. BFG handled the facebook ID swaps for all of us.

Since then I have not logged into my former account, and BFG has knowledge that it is no longer my account.

Yet I get suspended for some 28 day IP sharing rule that likely isn't even 28 days anymore.  A rule that is not posted under the game rules.

Furthermore, again, if you look at the logs you'll know that I have not logged into nor shared the same IP with that account since the accounts were swapped, and I am suspended?

Lets look at the evidence one more time.

I haven't logged into Kunick's account since I passed it down.

I attacked it.

I got suspended.

BFG cannot  provide a log that says that I have logged into that account since THEY THEMSELVES handled the account swaps.

I got suspended.

My suspension is none other than Matt H himself, exercising a vendetta against me that was publicly displayed in Skype. I have broken no rules posted, and I am suspended.

Fire Matt H, simple solution.

Other solutions, define the game rules further.

As for my case, you guys need to go back, check the IP logs for both accounts, find out for yourselves that we have not shared the same IP since the swap, and unban me, and give me back the DSP and resources rightfully earned by me.

You have 24 hours to actually prove that I have logged into that account since the account swaps took place, or I'm taking a different course of action all together, and then never returning nor supporting BFG and its "team" of miscreants that loosely misinterpret game rules for  their own benefit, should they have a vendetta against another.
Profit=Growth=Advancement=Good

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
Re: So, let me get this straight
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 06:53:57 PM »
Reading the rules for the 50th time now, I see nothing in regards to "You cannot attack an account you have passed down if you haven't logged into it since you handed it off to another player and had BFG swap all of the information".

I'm waiting.

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 06:58:32 PM »
Matt Hirschfelt, Feb 01 13:40 (EST):

Jason is not in the office today and I am the individual at Blue Frog Gaming responsible for overseeing all support inquiries.

Matt Hirschfelt
Blue Frog Gaming

Is not a sufficient response for me, when told that I do not want Matt H handling my ticket because of his vendetta, what it reads like is "I am the law, and what I say goes, despite the fact that I cannot give you a rule you violated, without having to loosely interpret it".

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 07:06:51 PM »
And while we are at it, can we get this "28 days" rule in print now? Despite the fact that all Matt has to do is actually go into both accounts and look to see I have no accessed the account since THEY swapped the info for us, I'd like some clarification as to "when" it would be appropriate to attack an account you passed down. Seems to me like 28 days will just turn into 56, and then 84, and so forth, so that he can suspend any player he feels like, despite the fact that he didn't do the due diligence and actually look into both accounts to levy a legitimate suspension against me.

This is a practice inconsistent with game rules, and it needs fixed.

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 07:36:59 PM »
Brian, it just seems to me that any account that was passed down and subsequently attacked by the "passer" would stink of some sort of collusion or manipulation. Im not specifically saying you did something illicit, just saying that it smells.

Offline Callum Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 08:16:08 PM »
I agree with Lazoputz. I doubt you would blatantly disregard the rules but It could seem like that.
Every good player knows
No fleetsave=No fleet
Add me on Skype. My username is Calsattack

Offline Got2BDrunk Dan Larrivee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »
ya, accounts holding the same IP cannot attack each other:

"Each player is allowed to control a single account per Universe. If two or more accounts are usually, occasionally, or permanently being played from the same network (e.g. schools, universities, Internet cafes, etc.) it is highly recommended to notify Support at http://starfleetcommander.zendesk.com/. In these cases the accounts will not be permitted to attack one another for any reason. "

emphasis is mine.
Unimat0 Drunken Nuclear Tactician & holder of the Unimat0 Nuclear Football
Co-Chief Admiral Drone of the Fleet
Master in Chief of Gimmicks

Offline Unownreality

• Skype - white.mamba.
    • Twitter - @white__mamba_
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 03:23:34 AM »
it reeks of suspicion. im not saying you did in fact cheat but look at it through BFG's eyes. they see you passed over an account... and soon after you attacked it with your new account! they are probably saying setup. 
SFCO- Unownreality (Ret.)
2009-2014

SFC Conquest
Unownreality (Ret.)
2013-2014
Leader of Arcane Angels

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 05:46:03 AM »
I seriously doubt he would contact bfg to inform them of the change before he did a dastardly deed. Thats just stoopid... lol.  And that rule follows the same definition. Seriously? take a school the size of Iowa State.... what should they do .. pm each player in the game and ask if they attend Iowa State? Maybe use the schools emergency texting system "Excuse the interruption .. reply if you play starfleet commander"... lmao.. Rules written that broadly are intended for one and only one reason - to enforce if we get in the mood or have a wild hair.

And thinking something is one thing .. proving it is another. YOu know .. that whole pesky innocent until PROVEN guilty thing?  lol
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:48:47 AM by WGW »

“And he who wields white, wild magic gold is a paradox. For he is everything and nothing. Hero and fool. Potent, helpless. And with one word of truth or treachery, He will save or damn the earth. Because he is mad and sane. Cold and passionate, Lost and found”

Offline Jacq

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 06:38:54 AM »
aka Babe Ruthless

birthmark-ant