contact
February 24, 2018, 10:09:11 AM

Author Topic: Delete Account (Bigdog) Matts Law ?  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Jig

• View Profile
Delete Account (Bigdog) Matts Law ?
« on: March 21, 2013, 04:45:05 AM »
I asked bigdog why he got suspended because he seems a real straight shooter that has helped many of us lower ranked players out over the years and this is what he sent me, He cant understand it because the law does not exist, Neither can anyone else thats looked at the game rules here they are and we can't find that part about photos and for disseminating personal information about other players and their families, including photographs, in violation of our terms of service. Your suspension will end after 7 days.

Offline Coolloser

• View Profile
Re: Delete Account (Bigdog) Matts Law ?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 05:47:13 AM »
Have you and Big Dog ever read the Terms of Use?

you agree not to do (at a minimum) any of the following:

Restrict or inhibit any other visitor or member from using the Game (e.g., by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of the Game);
Use the Game or Materials for any unlawful purpose;
Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us;
Transmit (a) any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable

If you want to go by the game rules then disseminating personal information about anybody could be construed as harassment.

Moons Created: 1071
Moons Owned: 51
Most Zeese Killed in One Shot: 100

UniX1; Retired TeaBaggger
Uni2X; Revolution: Just Cools

Offline kepone factory

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 07:46:22 AM »
I heard bigdog is a well respected player that plays by the rules and is deleting his account because of Matt's actions.
How do you know anything about his suspension?
Has Matt been discussing his suspension with you ?
You seem to be a real no it all nosey parker.
Can you elaborate how you think you know all the details and are posting spam?.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:49:34 AM by kepone factory »

Offline Coolloser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 08:10:39 AM »
How do you know anything about his suspension?
When I checked recent topics; I noticed that Jig had posted about it. You can see their post directly above mine:
I asked bigdog why he got suspended.......He cant understand it because the law does not exist, Neither can anyone else thats looked at the game rules here they are and we can't find that part about photos and for disseminating personal information about other players and their families, including photographs, in violation of our terms of service. Your suspension will end after 7 days.

Has Matt been discussing his suspension with you ?
I didn't know Matt was suspended, him and I rarely converse outside of tickets.  ;)
I'm sure if I did try to ask him about it he would decline revealing any information that is private.

You seem to be a real no it all nosey parker.
*know

Can you elaborate how you think you know all the details and are posting spam?.
I read the terms of use in the game and correlated it to what was being asked here. As far as how I think I know all the details? I don't think I ever insinuated that, but I would say you can get a decent picture from what was posted here and what has been posted elsewhere...

"Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited bulk messages, especially advertising, indiscriminately. While the most widely recognized form of spam is e-mail spam, the term is applied to similar abuses in other media."
I think the last spam message I sent was in Original when I was a part of a mass message. It was fun to rile up the people who hated it. I got a warning for it. How did you know about that?! Did Matt H tell you about it? Or was it Jason? I couldn't tell which one of them sent me the message as they just signed it as the BFG Team or something to that effect.

Moons Created: 1071
Moons Owned: 51
Most Zeese Killed in One Shot: 100

UniX1; Retired TeaBaggger
Uni2X; Revolution: Just Cools

Offline kepone factory

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 08:26:38 AM »
What's been posted somewhere else that you have been reading that you have mentioned?.
Can you give us the details?.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 12:37:25 PM »
Unfortunately, due to privacy reasons, I'm unable to acknowledge the specific reasons for Delete Account's current suspension from our games.

With regard to your question of whether disseminating personal information about other players and their families, including photographs, is a violation of our terms of service, the answer is a resounding yes. Coolloser has already cited you to the applicable portions of our Terms of Service. However, I'd like to make it very clear:

Using our game to distribute personal information about another player or their family, especially photographs of their minor children, along with profane and derogatory comments is never acceptable in our games. While Starfleet Commander is a 'war simulation' game, it is a game intended to be played for fun. Overstepping the boundaries of basic decency in human interaction and ruining the game for others by going outside of the simulation and attacking their personal lives is uncalled for and in some case grounds for suspension or permanent removal from our games.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 07:43:52 PM »
Unfortunately, due to privacy reasons, I'm unable to acknowledge the specific reasons for Delete Account's current suspension from our games.

Boo... -1 (stupid privacy agreement)

With regard to your question of whether disseminating personal information about other players and their families, including photographs, is a violation of our terms of service, the answer is a resounding yes. Coolloser has already cited you to the applicable portions of our Terms of Service. However, I'd like to make it very clear:

+1 to Coollooser

Using our game to distribute personal information about another player or their family, especially photographs of their minor children, along with profane and derogatory comments is never acceptable in our games. While Starfleet Commander is a 'war simulation' game, it is a game intended to be played for fun. Overstepping the boundaries of basic decency in human interaction and ruining the game for others by going outside of the simulation and attacking their personal lives is uncalled for and in some case grounds for suspension or permanent removal from our games.

Exactly... +1 for taking a stand.
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline kepone factory

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 07:44:32 PM »
Cooloser is the appointed moderator to the non moderated forum right by WGW?.
Matt Did you tell her what to post?.

Matt BigDog was saying on Skype that you don't have players as personal Facebook friends only business  he showed us the convo then you changed your story when he asked how could you know that he PM'd a public link of a facebook public pic of someone randomly on facebook ?He said he also sent links of other facebook pics of his friends.

How were you able to know who this player was unless you are friends with this player yourself and know who he was and what he looked like?.

Offline kepone factory

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 07:49:47 PM »
Boo... -1 (stupid privacy agreement)

+1 to Coollooser

Exactly... +1 for taking a stand.

Monkey you have no idea what Matt and his personal facebook friends are discussing.
They just seem to have a lot of hate for players that make them look silly.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:52:05 PM by kepone factory »

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 07:57:17 PM »
How I use my personal Facebook account is irrelevant to conforming to the rules set forth in our games. As your question regarding where in the ToS we prohibit using our game to disseminate personal information about others has been answered, and as I cannot disclose anything with particularity regarding Delete Account's suspension, this thread is now locked.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook