contact
October 21, 2018, 04:51:42 PM

Author Topic: Trading crystal  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
Re: Trading crystal
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2013, 11:11:34 PM »
@Kru, mind providing some data to back up these 'FACTs'?

I will also attest to them... It's pretty clear without even being a top player.

NPCs, introduced about a year and a half ago (actually a little longer than that, in SDE), were the beginning of the end of turtles (although BFG (i.e., Matt H) denied it at the time).  Capped mines, introduced with Nova, were the middle of the end.  Territories are the end of the end.  If you're not building ships, you're not really playing.  The main choice now is whether you're building ships that are fast enough to hit other players, or just building Thanatos.

Your sig says you've only created and received one moon, so you're pretty new.  Most people who bother to come onto the forum are top players who will all have this experience.  So even though it's not impossible, it's pretty unlikely that you will find someone reading the forum who will be have hydro to trade.

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2013, 11:27:49 PM »
Oh, I left out the scaling NPCs, which were another turn of the you-must-build-ships screw first introduced into Nova about 8 months ago.

And yes, technically, all this chatter critiquing your trade request is off topic.

Vastet

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 03:26:52 AM »
"These are facts and not opinions.  the comments were and are also relevant as players were informing you of this.  Now, if you want my hydro, then i would ONLY accept 5:1 ratio (5 billion c gets you 1 billion H) but thiat is against the trade rules."

I'd happily trade with you at a 10:1 crystal to hydro ratio. Maybe if BFG opened up the trade ratios, which are no longer accurate and haven't been since the introduction of NPC's anyway, traders could flourish once more.

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2013, 09:07:29 PM »
Maybe if BFG opened up the trade ratios, which are no longer accurate

I agree, but I'm not sure exactly how that would work.  You should make a Feature Suggestion.  I'm pretty sure people don't want the Merchant to give them less Hydro.