contact
February 24, 2018, 09:57:26 AM

Author Topic: Fleet Screen Hang-up  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Master Guns

• View Profile
Fleet Screen Hang-up
« on: July 23, 2013, 02:31:29 PM »
Am leaving the game. I will not continue to spend money on a game with serious flaws and a

support staff who don't seem to fully understand the issues enough to correct them.

Here is the scenario and reason;

Slimshady noticed even though Kinkstaah was over RSP limit he had been defending a

Territory at 4:200 for several days. We knew he couldn't be awake 24/7 so we decided to

land our Hephs in system with him and attack. Upon landing Slimshady initated the attack

and sent me an invitation. I joined and we watched the attack (with both our fleets) land.

(no sign of activity from Kinkstaah) Our Fleet Screens then locked up and the battle

results did not show up for a period in excess of 5 minutes. When the battle report finaly

showed Slimshady's fleet was absent and it showed me losing everything to Kinkstaah.
Prior to the launch With Slimshady's ships and mine combined, Battle Mentat showed

Kinkstaah losing everything but 204 Thantos.

I submitted a ticket to BFG along with a copy of the battle results and the following

communications took place;

Jason, Jul 22 10:43 (EDT):
He would have had to recall his fleet, otherwise even if the task hung they would have been

involved.

Paladin, Jul 22 11:50 (EDT):
He did not recall his fleet. I watched it land along with mine and it also showed up on my

screen while it was hung up.
He is the leader of my alliance and would have no reason for recalling.
Something is seriously flawed in your program and needs fixed. Even Kinkstaah said he and 2

of his mates had the same problem previously.

Jason, Jul 22 13:26 (EDT):
I looked at his account, and it shows that the attack was recalled.

Paladin, Jul 22 15:24 (EDT):
Folks have had their screens hanging from day one and it still isn't fixed. And, I repeat

Slimshady's fleet was right there with mine when the attack timed out. We nailed Kinkstaah

and there would have been no doubt about it if the battle calculation wasn't hanging up. If

I thought Slim recalled before the attack landed I would man up and take my losses. But I

know what I saw. I was there.

Jason, Jul 22 16:04 (EDT):
He didn't recall before the attack landed, however he did recall before it processed, as

when the task got stuck he recalled, which is why you were left to attack by yourself.

Paladin, July 22, 23:42 2013
Hitting recall after an attack is over is the only way to get the screen to unlock

sometimes. Players do this because their remaining ships (in our case Hephs) are left

unprotected.
As it was not my fault the game hangs up, how about at least returning my fleet?

Jason, Jul 23 10:13 (EDT):

If he was going to recall, he should have let you know so that you could also recall, which would have prevented this from occurring.

Blue Frog Gaming Support

Fact is, this is pure unadulterated b.s. on the part of BFG. I can't believe BFG  put a

slant on the issue as if we did something wrong. AS indicated in my communications with

Jason, they know certain game tasks hang up and have been hanging since day one. Slimshady

and I nailed Kinkstaah and if BFG has the ability to see what took place they should have

made it right from the beginning.

Hope this lets everyone know the type of service to expect.
So long and good luck to all of you who stick around.         

Paladin ---
Make your battles small enough to win but large enough to make a difference.

Offline Slimshady

• View Profile
Re: Fleet Screen Hang-up
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 03:22:29 PM »
Yes, totally agreed that this is total BS and have been awaiting a response from Matt on this subject. Appears I am waiting in vain, but I am not really surprised by that.

Would have assumed that a quick fix was in order for game processing issue but appears we have just been given the finger by BFG.

I'll be joining you as I won't be insulted and robbed for any more money when the product fails and you get screwed.

Vastet

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 05:28:46 PM »
Pretty weak :(

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 06:34:00 PM »
I don't know the players involved in this (nor do I think that any of us have ever had any communication), but I feel that I should add my 2 cents, since this was brought up in the forum...

I'm sorry guys, but I have to agree with Jason on this one.

Slim hit recall before the battle processed - Maybe Slim didn't intend to screw Master Guns by recalling,... Maybe he thought that was the only way to get his ships back... However, regardless of his intentions - he didn't wait for for the battle to process before hitting recall - So, he screwed up either way. If the battle hung for more than 5 minutes without generating a report, or the game was still white-screened - then I'd submit a ticket, not recall... this would mean that something was wrong, and support was needed...

We all know that large battles hang for a few minutes - I've known for years... since I was playing in Original... This isn't something new... I wouldn't hit recall on an attack like that... I'd wait for it to process, and if it didn't, then I'd drop a ticket. - As to leaving my heph "undefended" while my ships are out - and I'm waiting for a battle to process - If I came under attack like that, I'd drop a ticket to support to let them know that my ships are stuck, and I can't move - if I lost my heph and fleet under those circumstances, I'd expect them to be returned to me, and the battle [with my heph] to be reversed - since it was the servers fault, not the players.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 06:36:05 PM by Monkey D. Luffy »
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline Audacious

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 06:48:06 PM »
No bfg caused this problem by creating such massive inflation and they haven't fixed it. These 2 do not deserve to be screwed over because of BFG's incompetence. Paladin should get his fleet back and both should get the DSP they would have acquired.

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 07:18:20 PM »
Audacious, man, stop thinking with your emotions... use your head here - there was no "massive inflation" in Original when huge battles used to hang, and even crash the servers - This problem has been in the game since the beginning, it's not something that was "added" - and back then, players didn't hit "recall" to try to "fix" the problem... they just submitted tickets.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:30:26 PM by Monkey D. Luffy »

Offline Azureflames

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 07:31:27 PM »
I don't think the size of the battle is the problem anymore with the large battle algorithm in place. I've had a couple of battles involving 3-500million ships and they have resolved in 1-2 seconds. The larger one never even got a white screen despite my refreshing frequently.

My question is if Kinkstaah happened to log in during this 15minute hang or whatever it was and hit recall on the military territory would he have avoided the hit?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:32:59 PM by Azureflames »

Offline Slimshady

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 07:33:15 PM »
I did submit a ticket, right away and it took them until Monday to answer it when the attack took place on a Saturday morning. So after 10 minutes of waiting and getting white screened 10-12 times with fleets still locked I should have just left all my ships on other planets and Heph sitting out in system with the #1 ranked player who we were attacking. I guess just leave it an come back on Monday and ask for everything back after it has been destroyed with all remaining ships onboard?

Guess I would have really been SOL when they determined that that wasn't the right thing to do either and refused to replace my ships as well.

I have played this game since original as well and I have had plenty of white screens that last a couple of minutes. I have never had any that repeated for a couple of minutes over and over again and lasting 10 minutes or more. I only recalled after the 10 minutes because we were sitting ducks with Hephs hung out to dry. Attack landed and should have processed in a reasonable amount of time not 10 minutes or more.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:38:22 PM by Slimshady »

Vastet

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »
Yeah this having happened on the weekend completely rules out the possibility of filing a ticket while waiting for the battle to process. There's no way they should be expected to let their accounts hang for 40 odd hours.

Offline Audacious

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 08:03:35 PM »
Audacious, man, stop thinking with your emotions... use your head here - there was no "massive inflation" in Original when huge battles used to hang, and even crash the servers - This problem has been in the game since the beginning, it's not something that was "added" - and back then, players didn't hit "recall" to try to "fix" the problem... they just submitted tickets.

If kinkstaah got on instead and recalled while it was processing his fleet would have survived. You think these two shouldn't get any dsp then? Battles have been hanging constantly in conquest it's been a persistent issue that has not been fixed. It doesn't matter if there were very uncommon instances where battles used to hang in original because they are happening at a significantly increased rate in conquest and for much longer perioids of time, much more so than in other unis and there is also a problem with territory battles hanging since conquest started that still hasn't been fixed. BFG hasn't communicated with players and given instructions on how to avoid or deal with the issue. With that in mind it's downright ludicrous to expect players know the "right" thing to do in these situations.

Offline Azureflames

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 08:24:13 PM »
Given the situation I think the best thing to do would be remove dsp for all players and restore ships for all players. I don't know how much work that creates for people but it's what I(and I would assume others) would want to happen.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect players who have launched attacks from hephs to sit there and wait for an attack to process significantly past the normal time.

Suppose Slimshady did not recall(thus the attack continued to hang) and Kinkstaah logged on. What if he launched ships from his moon at both of their hephs, beating their fleets back, and then recalled his fleet from the MT. Now we have a situation where two hephs are destroyed along with the fleets and the ships at the MT were saved all because of a hanging attack. If I'm not mistaken this happened Friday night so these players have to wait until Monday where BFG would do what exactly? To me, it sounds like BFG does not accept any fault for hanging attacks and whatever consequences may result from player action afterwards.

At the very least, BFG should restore ships and remove dsp from the players involved. At the most, BFG should simulate the attack as it should have happened and award dsp, add ships, and remove ships where necessary(probably too much work given the volume of attacks).

How long are should players be expected to let an attack hang, particularly in a situation where BFG can not respond in a reasonable amount of time?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:26:40 PM by Azureflames »

Vastet

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 08:26:56 PM »
At the very least, BFG should restore ships and remove dsp from the players involved. At the most, BFG should simulate the attack as it should have happened and award dsp, add ships, and remove ships where necessary(probably too much work given the volume of attacks).

I agree completely.

Offline Slimshady

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 01:49:54 AM »
 Request #104164

Seadog4522002
Jul 20 18:22

Paladin and I (Slimshady) just took place in attack on military territory 4:200:1e which had and still has a large number of ships belonging to Kinkstaah who I think is currently offline. We got white screen for maybe 10 minutes and ships all showing frozen on fleet screen. My ships then started returning to Heph as if attack did not occur. Has now processed as Paladin attacking only without my ships in the battle.

Jason
Starfleet Commander

I show that you recalled your attack.

Blue Frog Gaming Support

July 22, 2013 10:47
User photo
Seadog4522002

No, the attack landed with both my ships and his ships and the fleet screen displayed timer with no numbers and frozen return time for around 10 minutes time. I kept attempting to refresh the screen and got white screen probably 10 to 12 times and then I would refresh and it would kick me down to home planet and I viewed attack system and nothing showed. I then would view fleet screen and it still showed all ships locked up. I even messaged Paladin several times while it was locked up asking if it was the same on his end and he indicated it was.

I then probed the target location and it still showed Kinkstaahs ships still there while fleet screen still displayed our ships as locked in limbo. Would then attempt to view from heph in system and then get white screen again and kicked back down to home planet again and again.

This went on for up to 10 minutes or perhaps more and then I remembered it hanging on the territories with the probe being stuck there and would clear if you hit recall on the probe it then displayed the battle report. So then I hit recall after battle had been ongoing for 10 minutes or so to try and unlock the screen and free us up as the Hephs were both locked in place as long as it was still frozen. I did not hit recall before the fleets landed as you are claiming and it landed with both fleets at the same time as it was a group attack. Paladin has lost his fleet and I have been denied the DSP that I should have and Kinstaah has added DSP that he shouldn't have gotten over the fact the server or process was hanging for such a long period of time.

I wouldn't ever recall and leave my alliance member hanging to lose his fleet. I would hope and expect you will do the right thing and run the battle as it should have run without the hang up and make the corrections to both my account and to Paladins account and to reduce the DSP not earned from Kinkstaah for this battle. If it cannot be resolved as such then I would like to know who is the next in command that I can talk to or a phone number for someone within the company.

July 22, 2013 14:19
User photo
Jason
Starfleet Commander

I never claimed that you recalled it before the attack was scheduled to arrive. However by recalling after it had arrived but had not yet processed you removed your fleet, which left his fleet to attack alone.

Blue Frog Gaming Support

July 22, 2013 15:11
User photo
Seadog4522002

So you are indicating this is solved and that there will be no correction forthcoming then I suppose? So then what would have the proper procedure been then? Continue to leave fleets and hephs hanging in limbo for eternity then I suppose and get them blown up as well?

Attack landed and should have processed in a normal time span, as in a minute or so not 10 minutes or more. This leads one to think the system is overloaded and that this is an error that the battle did not process with the continual hangup with ships just frozen in the fleet screen. I have seen plenty of white screens before while the battle is running and when it returns to the game there is the battle report. Never have I seen it show white screen and then frozen fleets in fleet screen and then more white screen repeatedly over and over until I hit the recall button after 10 minutes time.

I have spent considerable amounts supporting your game and would expect reasonable customer suppport. It was not my action that froze the screens up or took the game such and extremely long time to run the battle leading me to believe it was broken. It was your product that failed to run the battle as it happened within a reasonable amount of time. You should either run the battle as it was intended to run or delete it and the affects all together if you won't do the right thing. Paladin should not have lost his ships and shouldn't be penalized for the fact that the game hung up and locked everything up. Nor should Kinkstaah be rewarded for DSP that he didn't earn and wouldn't have gotten had my ships been included in the battle as they should have been.

July 22, 2013 16:50
User photo
Jason
Starfleet Commander

You should have either both recalled your fleets, or both let them stay and waited for the battle to process. While there was an issue on our end that prevented the task from processing as it should have. It was that fact that one of you decided to recall and the other did not that ultimately caused the outcome that resulted from this battle.

Blue Frog Gaming Support

July 22, 2013 17:19

Vastet

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 02:04:06 AM »
I might just quit Conquest too then. It's only a matter of time before this happens to every hunter, myself included. And since it's usually the second someone recalls that the server is prompted to run the battle, it is literally impossible to have everyone recall safely. Why play a broken game that the company not only can't or won't fix, but also won't take responsibility for being broken? This is bs.

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 02:36:30 AM »
I wasn't aware that the hang was for more than ten minutes - Master Guns posted: "results did not show up for a period in excess of 5 minutes." I took this to mean that it was only frozen for 5 minutes, then processed... I consider five minutes a reasonable amount of time to allow for a hang before going "WTF?" [I have so many crew that when I used to click on my crew to add someone to a mine, I'd get white-screened for a good 4 to 5 minutes - but if I just chillaxed, and waited, it'd eventually come back]

Ten minutes on the other hand is a little much... I can see someone trying to recall if they're stuck for that long... although I am still surprised that you didn't both recall...

Hrm... I suppose, in this particular case - the fair thing to do, is exactly what Azureflames said: