contact
October 20, 2018, 03:14:44 PM

Author Topic: BFG Matt H what the heck are you doing!!  (Read 1292 times)

Offline tony

• View Profile
BFG Matt H what the heck are you doing!!
« on: July 25, 2013, 12:16:46 AM »
Matt please do not delete this I would like an explanation >:(.
I come from London and go on holiday to New Zealand.
I put my account in D mode when I log into it it's fine.Next time I log into it all I get is a message saying I'm suspended and not permitted to play any Blue Frog Games and I can't even submit a ticket.
Next thing is I come here to find my forum account has been deleted and another message saying bigdog is not permitted to play any Blue Frog Games what the heck >:( >:( >:(!!.

Matt please do not delete this thread I will just get another friend to keep posting it up but what the heck DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING.

And no I can't submit a ticket Matt.

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
Re: BFG Matt H what the heck are you doing!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 01:14:18 AM »
lawlz

Entire country banned bacause of Bigdog
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline Athena

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 01:19:47 AM »
LOL!!
Seriously though Big Dog has been trolling several games, including Darkfire Galaxies and working hard to be as disruptive as he can.  Please send him thank you notes if you are from New Zealand. :P
............................................................................................. Kiki .............................................................

Offline tony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 01:31:51 AM »
LOL!!
Seriously though Big Dog has been trolling several games, including Darkfire Galaxies and working hard to be as disruptive as he can.  Please send him thank you notes if you are from New Zealand. :P

Your logic suggests we should ban the UK because Matt does not like Kevin seriously  :o Darkfire Galaxies is not even a real game what the heck has that got to do with my account in SFC and being on holiday in New Zealand.

And no i can't submit a ticket.

Offline Athena

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 02:00:34 AM »
I did not mean to imply that Darkfire was the only reason that BFG took action, or that I personally had diddly squat to do with the decisions in this case, or even to suggest that it's a satisfactory situation.  I understand your pain and suffering Tony, being unable to play the game.

I do, however, understand that decisions at BFG are not based upon what Matt likes or does not personally like.  There are likely several factors going into the decision making process.
............................................................................................. Kiki .............................................................

Offline tony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 02:12:57 AM »
I did not mean to imply that Darkfire was the only reason that BFG took action, or that I personally had diddly squat to do with the decisions in this case, or even to suggest that it's a satisfactory situation.  I understand your pain and suffering Tony, being unable to play the game.

I do, however, understand that decisions at BFG are not based upon what Matt likes or does not personally like.  There are likely several factors going into the decision making process.

Do you even play SFC?.
Well let's see what Facebook have to say about the matter I'm sure they will be pleased to learn that a company that is using their platform is discriminating against 5 million of their users in New Zealand.

And no I can't submit a ticket.

Offline Azureflames

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 02:23:30 AM »
How are they using facebook to discriminate? And I'm not even sure that they'd care.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 02:51:29 AM »
Several IP addresses from New Zealand are suspended from our games due to the behavior of some players. If the ISP places those IP addresses into a dynamic pool then it is entirely possible that you won't be able to access our games from that IP address. However, you may e-mail me at matthirschfelt@bluefroggaming.com with your current IP address (you can obtain this from http://www.whatismyip.com/), the Universe you play in, and your username in that game and I'd be happy to look into this further for you. Blocking customers from our games is always a last resort option, but unfortunately some users are unable to behave themselves in public.

As for your old forum account, I have no deleted any forum accounts in nearly 1.75 years. It's possible you just had the wrong long in credentials.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 10:47:42 AM by Matt H »
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline tony

• View Profile
Still blocked from SFC
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 04:58:20 AM »
From Matt but he's locked the thread before I returned from my spa and has not solved the issue.

Several IP addresses from New Zealand are suspended from our games due to the behavior of some players. If the ISP places those IP addresses into a dynamic pool then it is entirely possible that you won't be able to access our games from that IP address. However, you may e-mail me at matthirschfelt@bluefroggaming.com with your current IP address (you can obtain this from http://www.whatismyip.com/) and I'd be happy to look into this further for you. Blocking customers from our games is always a last resort option, but unfortunately some users are unable to behave themselves in public.

As for your old forum account, I have no deleted any forum accounts in nearly 1.75 years. It's possible you just had the wrong long in credentials.

Well that's all good to know but after talking with the IT person at the Hyatt Hotel Auckland and him reading your comment he say's they have had the same IP for 3 years and it's not their issue but yours >:(.

He say's the easiest way to fix the issue is to unblock it from your end and not to block IP that correspond with 800 users without knowing exactly what you are doing ::).

Other than that he said I could run around the hotel knocking on every door asking if bigdog was there >:(.
Seriously sort the issue out I didn't come on holiday 1/2 way around the world to have to sort this when it's your problem >:(.

My forum account has been deleted also I know what the credentials were.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 05:00:01 AM by tony »

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 10:42:40 AM »
Please follow the directions in my previous message. Also note that the IP addresses you're posting from are not and have not been banned from any Starfleet games.

you may e-mail me at matthirschfelt@bluefroggaming.com with your current IP address (you can obtain this from http://www.whatismyip.com/), the Universe you play in, and your username in that game and I'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Additionally, creating further new topics on this issue rather than following my directions may result in the loss of your posting privileges here.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 10:48:35 AM by Matt H »
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline tony

• View Profile
I'M back in
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 09:43:27 PM »
Thanks to the IT Man at the Hyatt Hotel Auckland he did something to my laptop so I click and have no IP. : :)

Offline Azureflames

• View Profile
Re: I'M back in
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 09:47:45 PM »
Pretty sure you still have an IP.

Offline tony

• View Profile
back in sfc
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 09:55:50 PM »
No matt keeps deleting my threads I have an up here but the IT Guy has done something we tested it with matts link and there is nothing.

Offline well done

• View Profile
Re: back in sfc
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2013, 09:56:42 PM »
in before the lock  ;D

Offline tony

• View Profile
Re: back in sfc
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 09:58:51 PM »
Well matt wouldn't help so the hotel sorted it out thanks to anjua the IT guy at the hyatt

birthmark-ant