contact
September 26, 2018, 01:25:43 AM

Author Topic: X2 NPC spawning rate  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
Re: X2 NPC spawning rate
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 09:18:10 PM »
That's funny that you posted that rich, seeing as new star sent me this message hours ago implying that he hit that very same one:

new starr federation    a good one by you    about 4 hours ago
To: Monkey D Luffy
Date: 2013-09-29 16:46:57 UTC
In the attack from XXX ‎‎‎‎[2:153:3m] on Large Floating Colony ‎‎‎‎[2:133:1]:

The attacking side acquired 81,751,325 ore, 99,709,093 crystal, and 73,154,569 hydrogen.

Urcath (DEFENDER) lost 749,810,953 RSP and gained 0 DSP. (more)
XXXXXX (ATTACKER) lost 9,890,000 RSP and gained 292,608,937 DSP. (more)

94,140,852,600 ore and 68,764,426,950 crystal are now floating at this location.
There was a 0.0% chance that a moon would form from the debris.
However, no moon formed.

You lost:
Icon_zeus_class x989

Very strange that it was you who hit it, not him?

And, for the record, my ships we on fleetsave at the time, so I couldn't attack it...
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline new starr federation

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 09:48:42 PM »
i didnt hit it..thats his moon Monkey!lol i was laughing about the fact u claim there is nothing spawning near you anymore..i think u are jus in a slump and it will soon pass..i have them too..except i try not to whine on the boards like its the end of the world lol hehehe

i get beat to targets or they vanish on me quite often but i dont let it discourage me..
Watch out here i come..

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »
Okay,... so you showed me 1 NPC near me today...

The problem is that I am not claiming that there is "nothing" near me... I *am* still finding some big ones near me...

What I am claiming, however, is that there is dramatically far less than usual (over the last two months) near me... "usual" being between 14 to 20 in a day, of nearly that same size.

If you can show me just another 10 NPCs today, that are within 50 systems up and down from me, that have over 1 million dios worth in debris, then I'll stop posting about their diminished numbers, and fully admit that you were right, and that I was wrong.

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 10:20:14 PM »
yeah they are out there jus in other places..lower G1 is usually my best hunting ground..then G3 if its dry
Watch out here i come..

Vastet

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 02:39:07 AM »
If NPCs generate randomly, then logically you should have dry spells occasionally even if you're well spread out. If you're stuck in one system those dry spells should happen much more frequently. Why oh why would you have everything in one system? That's a complete noob move. It might be workable for starting up in a uni to tansfer res around faster, but long before you're building Zeus it becomes a liability and limits you. Spread your wings a little. Warp Gates are your friend.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 02:47:05 AM »
If NPCs generate randomly, then logically you should have dry spells occasionally even if you're well spread out. If you're stuck in one system those dry spells should happen much more frequently. Why oh why would you have everything in one system? That's a complete noob move. It might be workable for starting up in a uni to tansfer res around faster, but long before you're building Zeus it becomes a liability and limits you. Spread your wings a little. Warp Gates are your friend.

Well said Vaset..i think i like u now..lol yes Monkey is kind of a "noob" spread those wings and make friends with ur gates ;)
Watch out here i come..

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 03:05:31 AM »
How the hell was I supposed to know that I would lose my job, and spend the next year and a half looking for another one, only to be laid off again?!?!?!?

Putting your planets together at the start of a universe, when you intend to move them latter on, is an intelligent, strategic thing to do, dumbass. - You have no right to call ME a noob, just because I can't afford to move my planets anymore.

I have MORE than proven that I am not a noob on this forum!

And to Vas - while an "occasional" dry spell, certainly happens, this one has lasted for over two months now - fair to not call it a "spell", so much as a "permanent change".

Vastet

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 03:20:29 AM »
Yes it is a valid strategic move, especially for starting up in a permanent uni. But not for the long term. Not permanently. Personally I'd never spend $20 to move a planet. But I have dropped a 250ish field world to get a better one. Once you're in late game it doesn't take very long. Your uni has the 5 minutes and it's free feature yes? If so then it's exceedingly fast to build up a new world. Even if not you can still do it pretty quickly. Build a F10 first and you'll max out a new 300 fielder in no time.
The real problem is the moons. I'd guess you have 9, all built up, and you're in a somewhat slow uni. They'd be a ***** to abandon. And $20 per planet for a game is a pain to come up with when you're unemployed. You could buy a used PS3 or XBox 360 for that easy, and get more out of it too.
I feel your pain. But you have to do something.

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013, 03:45:41 AM »
When I started in this universe, it was a part of my initial long term plan to move all of my planets so that I have one in each galaxy...

However, back then, I was bringing home $450.00 a week, and could afford to spend a little bit of money on gaming... I never suspected that I'd be laid off after being attacked by robbers at work... *still a point of sore contention for me*

The entire point of my "complaining" here however, is not there are aren't any NPCs to attack - sure, there are plenty of them all spread out all over...

However,... I went from finding an average of 14 a day in my hunting area, to finding only 1 or 2 a day, I didn't really think anything of it at first - just a "dry spell" and all... but I soon realized that this change happened after BFG announced that they doubled the spawn rates of the NPCs...

So why am I only finding 1 or 2 a day, instead of 25 to 30 a day, unless BFG lied, and actually reduced their spawn rates?

Vastet

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013, 04:21:56 AM »
Has your uni seen anything like the growth spurt Conquest had a couple weeks back? That could scew things. Or maybe some neighbours not too far away in rank from yourself moved/quit/got smashed? I noticed in Conquest that NPCs were much more common around groups of people, and tended to ratio according to rank.