contact
August 18, 2018, 02:57:26 PM

Author Topic: your vote please  (Read 1954 times)

Offline SG

• View Profile
your vote please
« on: October 22, 2013, 03:18:19 PM »
is it more offensive to be called a moron and/or a noob than it is a whore or a bitch or to be told via messages that your PMT ridden idiot?

seems BFG consider moron and noob to be highly offensive that warrants 3 days worth of specia vacation..

so, as long as you do not use profanities, you can, it appears be as rude or as offensive to another person (so long as they are big enough to ignore your insults) so long as you do not call them a visa card noob or a moron...

nuff said

kru

Re: your vote please
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 03:35:20 PM »
insulting anyone in any context is bad enough, it doesn't matter what is or isn't said.

My only issue with suspensions on messages, is that they need to be altered by BFG..

If your messages are full of threats, or vile and vulgar profanities, then yes you should be suspended.  However, if it is none violant, none threatening and not a disgraceful use of language, then you should just have you ability to send messages/post messages on your alliance board suspended.

Getting suspended for calling somebody a noob and a moron is somewhat OTT on bfg's part, i think the zero tolerance they employ is too strict in a game where people 'should' be of a certian level of maturity.

whilst i know what you did and din't say, i nether accept the level of punishment handed to you, or condone your selected use of words.  if they don't lift your suspension just think of it as a free 3 day p mode

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 03:50:15 PM »
In general, if a player is insulting others with 'noob' or 'moron' they'll receive a warning unless they're a repeated and flagrant rule violater.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 04:09:17 PM »
insulting anyone in any context is bad enough, it doesn't matter what is or isn't said.
stop being an asshole.....
???

Edit:
i think the zero tolerance they employ is too strict in a game where people 'should' be of a certian level of maturity.

I'm not sure what game you've been playing but the maturity level from players in this game is close to nonexistent... And yes I do include myself in there.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 04:12:19 PM by Pantin »

kru

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 04:18:24 PM »
You said "in ANY context" then rebutt my quote was taken out of context?

I give up...  :P

Offline SG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 04:35:11 PM »
so, bfg agree, it is a more serious offence to call somebody a noob or a moron than it is to be called a whore and a bitch

talk about a sexist company, gee thanks, not my fault your systems are poor and cannot retrieve messages, not my fault i am the more 'grown' up person who simply shakes off and ignores the insults and foul language of being called a menstrating whore and a bitch....

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 04:39:26 PM »
SG, that's not what we said at all. I know you're looking to create problems by selectively listening, but perhaps if your first post was a little clearer we'd be able to address your problem.

so, as long as you do not use profanities, you can, it appears be as rude or as offensive to another person (so long as they are big enough to ignore your insults) so long as you do not call them a visa card noob or a moron...

Insulting someone with noob or moron can get you a warning. But 'bitch' and 'whore' are profanities and we don't permit them. So what are you trying to get at?
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline SG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 04:51:20 PM »
so why should i be suspended for replying to somebody (even with a profanity) who sent me messages within the last 8 days exclaiming i am a bitch, a menstarting a whore???

Jason, Oct 22 11:49 (EDT):

The message you were given the suspension for is: awwww little cry baby ran to bfg

ha ha noob, you try and give it calling young ladies a bitch and all that but can't handle it...

ha ha ha h a phrase my partner loves to use really applies to you

PRO EPIC NOOB

In this message you do use profanity.

just because i was busy for some time and din't respond to messages then and there, what your saying is because you 'can't' find these messages on your system, it has worked out fine for him calling me these and using these?  But, because when i do replying stating "you try and give it calling young ladies a bitch" then i get suspended?

i am confused, i really am, i haven't denied calling him a noob or a moron, and to be honest, i should have called him much worse for the messages he sent me, but again, you can't find them so i get suspended

Offline SG

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 04:55:19 PM »
and no, i am not looking at causing any kind of problems, but understand it from my view point please. I get called a bitch, a whore, a menstrating whore but because i ignore them i am in the wrong. why should it be my fault if i am thicker skinned than others?

and to be honest by not asking what has occurred (either you or jason) via the support your simply looking at what you can see and unwilling to accept what you can't. not all of us are in these games to name call or insult, but if i get called those vile and vulgar things isn't it my choice to either react or not to react?

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 04:58:05 PM »
and no, i am not looking at causing any kind of problems, but understand it from my view point please. I get called a bitch, a whore, a menstrating whore but because i ignore them i am in the wrong. why should it be my fault if i am thicker skinned than others?

Did you submit a ticket when this occurred? If not, why are you surprised that we didn't take action on those messages you're now complaining about?
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline SG

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 05:01:40 PM »
Did you submit a ticket when this occurred? If not, why are you surprised that we didn't take action on those messages you're now complaining about?

selectively listening,

like i say, must be because i am thicker skinned, if you do not practice what you preach why are you doing a support job?

I already stated, i went p mode because of a hectic week, didn't bother to respond, ignored the insults and brushed them off.  di i call the player a bitch? NO, but you guys at BFG will take anything, so please either do something or do nothing

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 05:03:28 PM »
We have access to about 5 days worth of messages on the server. If you don't report the messages when you have a problem, we can't act. Your problem is with the fact that someone reported you for violating the game rules, but you didn't report someone else. In the future, if someone violates the game rules you can either report them or ignore them, but don't be surprised if you get reported and suspended when you break them.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline SG

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 05:07:24 PM »
ok, i will submitt every message i recieve from now on to meet your approval, because obviously doing the right (as i was taught) to ignore the insults is not sufficient for you.

Obviously this player can't handle a word which HE used more than once

Offline Pie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 05:52:30 PM »
So I smash someones fleet and get the usual playful message "Your mum takes it up *** **** ****  and ***** *** dog, while ****** ***** the vicar"

I reply with "whaaaaat! What d'ya mean my mum takes it up *** **** ****  and ***** *** dog, while ****** ***** the vicar!!!"..ya noob!

I don't complain and he does so I get suspended?

Just want to be clear
First to post something from game that is actually greater than 1 quadrillion...I claim it!

birthmark-ant