contact
October 21, 2018, 09:41:46 PM

Author Topic: JV tournament for 2018  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
JV tournament for 2018
« on: September 28, 2017, 07:36:01 PM »
I am considering doing a JV tournament after the first of the year, this is for the medium and small guy alliances, no players from ranks 1-100, that will be broken into brackets. For example players ranked 101-200, 201-500, 501-1000 and 1000+
At this point I am still thinking of rules to implement for this tournament. I am wanting to know what alliances would be willing to participate in this.

Offline Treakle the Sweet

• View Profile
Re: JV tournament for 2018
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 08:46:52 PM »
I think I can field a team.  It will depend on how many active players you require. 

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 03:52:21 AM »
I'll require 10 active players to participate. 

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 04:05:47 AM »
Let me know if you need anything for that tournament.

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 05:00:32 AM »
I will depending on how many alliances participate I will break people up into random pools of who faces who in a bracket

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 05:17:25 AM »
I am consulting with Rayman on what rules to adopt for a JV tournament, I have reached out to a lot of alliances tonight, hopefully we can get a tournament going that will encourage the little guys to participate and continue enjoying the game.

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 10:31:58 AM »
I will have 2 judges helping me with this tournament, Rayman of HV and Stina Starr.  We are in talks about rules of what works and what won't, please stay tuned.

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 05:16:53 AM »
So far Noise, Time Wasters, Dune have responded that they are interested

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 12:51:22 PM »
[SWaRM] has said they would love to participate

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 08:58:09 PM »
Here are some ground rules, may or may not change as Tournament date approaches. 
Approximate start date would be 3rd week of January, which would be Monday, January 15, 2018, 00:00 Game time.

1) There is no alliance overall rank cap. 
-------Keep in mind this is designed for mid to low rank players.  I have no problem with top 100 players being in an alliance as mentoring the smaller players to help and offer advice, however I expressly DO NOT want top ranks 1-100 group defending smaller players, dumping resources on players to make them targets etc.  If you see this please take a screenshot of the incident, most smart phones can handle this or even computers by doing a print-screen option and email it to me.  Also it should be included on the battle reports in-case a battle does take place, but in the event a player launches and someone GD them from the top 100 that would wipe an attack please take a screen shot of it from your fleets page.

-------The reason I say no one in top 100 even do Group Defends is it discourages smaller players from even launching attacks if they have no hope of breaking through a ridiculous group defend.  I will make a distinction here for those who like to get technical, if you have 1 single probe as a group defend so as to notify you that there is an attack underway, let us say you notice your guy has a fleet sitting around, not online 1 probe is fine, but if you are caught I will discuss that at a later time.

2) This will be under a normal war-time rules type of tournament.  War points will be set to 1 billion points, inactives will not count, no d-mode percentage. 

3) Alliances will have 3 weeks to win their respective wars.  If all alliances are done before that time period then we can start the next rounds earlier, if not then we will take the highest points of each war to determine who advances to the next round.

4) Judges in the tournament will be myself, Dead Zone, I can be found at [17:258:7], Stina Starr at [17:294:00] and Rayman of HV at [8:125:7].   Any issues will be brought to any of us 3, but I have the final say in any dispute.

5) This is the most important rule of all:  Have fun.  The spirit of this is to encourage players other than the elite of the game to grow, to get away from the stagnation of NPCs.  Also let us show some class in this.  When this JV tournament starts I will create a trash talking thread for the loud mouths, side villians, rumor mongers, and people who left game who always seem to stick around and comment, don't worry, I will make a thread just for you. 

6) I will put a p-mode cap in place.  This is extremely hard to regulate, I know this.  I will update later on about my restrictions about this.

7) Active players, I will require at least 5 active players of any given alliance during a 24 hour period.  This means if you have 10 players in your alliance, 5 need to be not in pmode or dmode.

8) No Tag dropping.  The same players that went into your alliance during each round are the ones who are in your alliance.  Between rounds if players want to sign on, that is fine.  But during each round NO tag dropping.

9) 10 players in each alliance participating.  I addressed the active component in 7).

More will be coming when I have a chance to talk more with Rayman and Stina.  Thanks, look forward to seeing everyone participate.

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 11:08:25 PM »
Agatron Said SPQRS will be joining

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 12:10:43 PM »
Since so far I have 6 alliances considering the idea to be able to field teams is 1st place the alliance get 150k credits distributed to the different players in that alliance. Let us say that Alpha Alliance has 14 members, so for first place each member would get 10,714 credits. I would like also for 2nd place to receive 50k credits distributed to their members

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 06:29:30 AM »
I will not try to monitor p-mode for this, but I do expect people to be active participants.
I am considering asking neutral outside parties to monitor p-mode, people from non-participating alliances to check on all alliances periodically in a 24 hour time frame to make sure, but I am undecided on this.
If you know any other alliances that might be able to field a team to participate please reach out to them and encourage them to sign up.

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 11:43:48 PM »
2 months until the JV tournament

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 12:30:29 AM »
Change of plans for judging, it will be myself, Stins Star and Admiral T-Wayne