contact
July 21, 2018, 04:01:35 AM

Author Topic: Throwing down the gauntlet -- the race for No. 2  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Vinegar Joe

• View Profile
Re: Throwing down the gauntlet -- the race for No. 2
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2018, 03:01:57 PM »
And then you handed the account to someone who's only goal is to ruin the game.  There were good players willing to pay for it, but you sold it to a hack.  He has already driven it to 3rd, and one day, he will have trouble staying in the top 100.

That's where you would be incorrect.  Zx was playing the game long before you came on the scene.  He's one of the original players that first started the game, and knows how to stalk and hunt a player.  If you mean destroying the game by turning it back into a war game from farmville in space, then yes,  that could happen.  The game was never intended to be farmville but with the NPC's that's what it has become, one big game of farmville.   

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2018, 02:34:02 PM »
You know even though I am in dmode doing a ship build it is exciting to see players ducking and dodging the big BAD Empire pack

Offline Treakle the Sweet

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2018, 03:09:14 AM »
Hardly ducking.  Fleetsaving, but I still run attacks 24/7/365.  I was playing this game before they expanded the number of galaxies, to give you and idea of my longevity.  I remember every change they made, and was against every one because it changed it, but I adapted.  If Zx was that good, than he would have been able to hit more than a small bit of fodder, but he hasn't been able to do that.  His skill set is lazy, just as he is.  Anyone who has to buy rank is lazy.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2018, 11:09:54 PM »
A number of large accounts have changed hands during the past few months:

Silent Bob -> Zx -> J.T. Kirk

WGW -> John Fury

(Rich) Shinzon -> (Don Woods) Shinzon

And several more.  The common result of each of these moves is that the acquirer has not been able to hold rank.

It takes a certain set of skills, interests, and personal characteristics to gain and hold rank at the top.  If you are interested in acquiring the account of a retiring major player, with the intention of advancing it, feel free to reach out to guys like Bruce Mays, Treakle, Steve Carlston, and me.  We'll be glad to talk with you about what it took for us to get to the top.  The hope is that this information will help you determine if you are suited to a major account.  Some people are, some aren't.  There is nothing wrong with not being the type of player who can keep a top account moving forward.  It takes a LOT of hard work, and it doesn't fit everyone's play objectives.