Author Topic: Time to turn in  (Read 3317 times)

Grace

Time to turn in
« on: January 12, 2013, 09:04:45 PM »
That's me out. Main fleet is on its way to a few buddies with lower rsp but there is a bit left for the rest of you if you can find it:)

See you all next tourny

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: Time to turn in
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 11:12:12 PM »
That's me out. Main fleet is on its way to a few buddies with lower rsp but there is a bit left for the rest of you if you can find it:)

See you all next tourny

This sounds like a violation of the DSP rule, because moonshots are not possible in Season 2 of the Tournament, likely to result in whoever you sent your fleet at getting suspended.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Admiral Lermontov

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 12:08:37 AM »
That would be me. Sorry guys I had no idea. I don't know if I attacked him would that have been ok? Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse, I did not know so I guess I will have to take my lumps. Ummmmm yeah I forgot that would be Captain Jack me...
Extreme Admiral Lermontov, StarWars Ret.
Nova Captain Jack StarWars, Ret.
Tournament Season 1 Captain Jack, StarWars Top 100
Tournament Season 2 Captain Jack, StarWars #4

Grace

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 12:16:39 AM »
If this is the case, then seriously I didn;t know anything about a dsp rule. As far as I understood, it was rsp and that is the very reason why I threw them at only those with lower rsp. I'm finished so I don;t really care about my account. Bit unfairr to suspend Jack and whoever else though. Take the dsp and debris from him and state the dsp rule somewhere where it can be seen.

Grace

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 12:31:22 AM »
The sole intention here was for him to recycle the debris. The dsp wasn't even in anyone's consideration.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 12:53:40 AM »
Which I did, started an F5 there and moved some to another F5. Just happy for the Res, I'm no DSP hound, I like it sure but I leave plenty of it aside for Res instead Res builds ships. DSP builds rank sure, but hell I'm no top ranker that's for sure, and I doubt I ever will be. Oh well...

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 01:08:16 AM »
state the dsp rule somewhere where it can be seen.

The DSP rule is clearly stated here on the forum and in game on the rules page.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Dark Hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 01:10:26 AM »
Yea it would have been a good thing to know about this dsp rule before I got suspended.  Never heard of it before.  I wasn't after dsp so it never crossed my mind.  I wanted the res to rebuild my fleet I lost in an o lock.  I asked Matt to take back the dsp and cancel the suspension so hopefully that is something he can do. If not when the suspension ends I will be at work and lose everything again.  I can't play on my phone at work.  So if I lose it all again .... it really isn't worth a 3rd try.  I've been playing this game for a lot of years and have invested huge amounts of time.  Never been suspended before and it really leaves a crappy taste in your mouth to be suspended for cheating.

Grace

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 01:38:19 AM »
Very disappointed with Matt H here, and more for being ignorant and not engaging with the issue rather than the suspension. Always in that mode whereby he thinks himself more than a game admin/customer service rep.

My apologies, gents

Very disappointing indeed is this attitude and I wont be signing up for any further seasons because of it.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 01:52:30 AM »
Grace,

You've been sending my multiple messages to my Skype and PM box here on the forum. However, Blue Frog Gaming is closed on Saturdays and Sundays and I am here on my own time addressing player concerns. I'm sorry if my responses were slow, but the Ravens vs. Broncos football game was pretty enthralling.

As I indicated to you on Skype, DSP is a major component of the overall leaderboard in the Tournament. Additionally, we take all violations of our game rules seriously. You came to the forum, and despite the Game Rules being posted conspicuously on the forum and on the rules page in game, admitted to violating a game.

The DSP rule is and was readily available for your review on the forum and in game on the rules page since the Tournament started. As such, the DSP earned by each player was removed from their accounts and all accounts were suspended for 72 hours in accordance with our game rules. Ignorance of the rules is not a defense that we accept.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Grace

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 02:27:23 AM »
I understand that you are working out of hours. However, if you are going to take action outside of hours, then you are expected to commit to teh action you took by engaging in discussion. I sent you a call on skype to get your attention.

There are 3 people involved here who each have stated that they were ignorant to this rule and intentions are pretty clear. There was absolutely no consideration given to dsp whether you think we should go searching for every rule change or not. Many people don't read the forums and go off of the rules in their original form. I certainly don;t have time to read every rule change considering that I barely have time for the game itself.

I think discretion is in order here, as intention sare pretty clear. If you don;t remove the suspensions of the other players then I wont be signing up for any more seasons of the tournament.

You can show discretion if you want. You just wont, though, because you are rigid., Well rigidity will lose you a customer if you keep it up.

I wont be wasting any more of my time with this. I will check back in tomorrow and if the suspension pof the other players are not removed by that time then you can say bye bye to a loyal customer who has been involved in every universe since teh original.

Enjoy the rest of your evening

Offline Dark Hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 02:34:23 AM »
The suspension message said contact us for more information so I did. Matt you responded to my request for information very quickly.  I don't think I was out of line for asking for more info?? The response came to my email and that's how I replied.  I didn't bombard you with requests.. there were a couple back and forth and then I sent you 2 at the end. I play on the weekends and work during the week so I didn't think I was out of line to ask you to take back the dsp and end the suspension early.  I know you have done it on occasion so I didn't think I was out of line for asking you to do it again.  It is my obsession that is on hold. I play in 4 uni's so yea I am obsessed by the game.  Hope you were rooting against the Ravens.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 02:39:31 AM »
Guys it is what it is. I agree with Matt, ignorance of the rules is not a defense. DH I hope something can be worked out so you don't lose your fleet again, I hate losing players. Grace I hope you will reconsider returning again, I understand if the rules are broken there are consequences. I will take my Suspension due to my own ignorance. That said it appears no one else in our alliance was aware of the rule change either... Not sure what that means as there are many dedicated long term players in StarWars...

Grace

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 02:49:15 AM »
He can remove the dsp and undo the suspension if he wants to. No, I wont be returning to the game if he doesn't.

So there are more people who don't read every thread and every rule change on the forum? This was clearly done in ignorance so I think rigidity from Matt is unwarranted.

It is ok to transport resources to lower ranked rsp and what I did was effectively the same difference, only it came in the form of debris. I publicized this on the forum which proves ignorance.

Had I known about this rule rhat not everyone knows about then I wouldn't have done it. I would have done it another way.

Matt, undo the suspension of the other players or I am gone from the game completely.

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 02:56:39 AM »
I would be very happy to have the DSP removed regardless of the suspension issue, I don't want DSP I received illegally. So there it is Matt, please remove the DSP from my account I didn't earn it legally and I don't want anyone claiming I cheated. My ignorance costs me 3 days, that is my fault. I accept my suspension as it is what it is!