Author Topic: Clarification  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Loye

• Weakness is a sin
    • View Profile
Clarification
« on: January 16, 2013, 02:53:12 PM »
Hi all

Having read a recent topic I am bit confused, yes I know it doesn't take much.

Anyway here we go -

If the Boss of my alliance boots me for whatever reason can the rest of the alliance then kill me and if then me and the Boss kiss and make up and I rejoin, can the members who killed me who are higher RSP send me the res to rebuild.

Cheers

8) 8)
T
oxo = beef stock.          xXx = Laughing stock.

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • View Profile
Re: Clarification
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 03:12:50 PM »
In itself, yes, higher ranked (rsp) players can send resources to anyone they want. But be careful that you arent planning a hit from your (ex) alliance mates that could be construed as dsp pushing

Offline Loye

• Weakness is a sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 03:18:43 PM »
Interesting - as "planning" can not be proved then it can not be perceived as cheating, so it is possible to "enhance" position within the rules.

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 03:58:28 PM »
Hi all

Having read a recent topic I am bit confused, yes I know it doesn't take much.

Anyway here we go -

If the Boss of my alliance boots me for whatever reason can the rest of the alliance then kill me and if then me and the Boss kiss and make up and I rejoin, can the members who killed me who are higher RSP send me the res to rebuild.

Cheers

8) 8)
T

I feel like this is in regards to Tesla.

Allow me to add a little bit to this.

If you lost power to your house and could not log in, then tried to access the game from your mobile phone and could not log in and lost your fleet which you just inherited within a week or two from a higher ranking player, would you return to the game if you were completely and totally wiped out without much for infrastructure to rebuild?

Most would not, especially in a tournament where one bad hit could set you back far enough to remove your ability to compete for the top prize.

Now let me go ahead and put this out there for you, so you fully understand what happened and what would have happened.

Tesla was going to lose his fleet, there was no way around it. The fleet was sitting, his old account had already been hit by players we were at war with, our alliance leader had a suspicion that he was a multi after gaining Voodoo's account, I believed that he passed it off to a sibling. When we saw that both were offline at times they normally were, we started messaging them. After an amount of time without a response and seeing activity at their planets, knowing it not to be theirs or they'd have messaged or joined skype chat, I pushed for our leader to allow us to A. Remove him, and B. attack him if he doesn't log in.  We had a very small window of opportunity to take that fleet out, as it was the peak time of the players within the alliance we were at war with, and knowing full well who took over that account, having just destroyed the old one, they were going to look for his fleet. We didn't know where it was, and we have a strict "no probing" rule within our alliance. SO after getting the go ahead, Bodlin, Dark, Myself, and I believe Gem started probing to find the fleet. We found it, we calculated the attacks, figured out that we could take it. We launched. 10-15 minutes went by and I noticed crystal was stacking up on his main planet. I scanned, I saw that the alliance we were at war with had launched. Believing the attack to be full of Hades and Athena, and nothing else, and believing they would arrive first, we pulled the attacks, waited for our return, then sent waves of group defends in. It was late for most and the main two players in this group defend and attack wouldn't be online much longer, and there stood zero chance of me group defending Tesla alone. We managed to get there first on the group defend and they pulled. We pulled, we waited for the return, and we attacked. We killed the fleet and recycled a good majority of it, and were told to hold on to the resources. A few hours after our harvesters had returned and everybody else was in bed, I got a message from Tesla saying he was having internet/power issues at his house, as I had feared it was a family emergency. In officer chat, I specifically told everyone else that I would NOT send resources back unless he came back to the alliance, despite a few others sending resources back to him.

Then later I dealt with the opposing alliance's leader saying we were cheats because we booted him while he was under attack, which according to our leader (I've never been an alliance leader) could not be done while under attack. I"m not sure if this is true, but the point is, we booted him long before they even thought about calculating an attack.

All of that said, there isn't a single rules violation there, and I'll be happy to go back in time and post the skype chat from when this happened, if you need that much clarity.
Profit=Growth=Advancement=Good

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 04:06:42 PM »
And it should go without saying that I sent quite a bit of resources back to him once he decided he was going to continue playing the game.

Regardless, that fleet was going to blow up that night, it just happens to be that we were quicker and smarter than our opponents and we got the hit so that we could keep the resources within Empire hands,  well most of them, and not let anyone else touch the fleet. We did this without any prior knowledge or "tip off" whatsoever. In fact, what got me to check it out was the very same alliance messaging me about blowing up the account he previously had and me commenting on that in our chat. Safe to say that The opposing alliance had the jump to get that fleet but couldn't coordinate in time.

Offline Loye

• Weakness is a sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 04:43:30 PM »
BC - for once this is not about you, if you can answer my first question then please do so if not do not post from another topic or you will get this one locked as well.

Many thanks

8) 8)
T

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 04:54:01 PM »
BC - for once this is not about you, if you can answer my first question then please do so if not do not post from another topic or you will get this one locked as well.

Many thanks

8) 8)
T

That was quite rude, maybe next time you'll elaborate on "recent topic", since the most recent of topics discussing an action like this, was Grace's thread where I elaborated on the exact action you are referring to.

To answer your question, yes. They can boot you, attack you, and then send your resources back to you if they are higher RSP, so long as there was no discussion between "you" and the ones who attack you, so that you don't fall under the DSP rule of artificial inflation, at a 20% RSP loss to yourself.

Offline Loye

• Weakness is a sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 05:09:40 PM »
BC - thank you, that was all I wanted to know.

I must apologise if you think I have been rude, that was not the intention.

I think in recompense we should call it the BC manoeuvre.

8) 8)
T

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 05:16:16 PM »
BC - thank you, that was all I wanted to know.

I must apologise if you think I have been rude, that was not the intention.

I think in recompense we should call it the BC manoeuvre.

8) 8)
T

As long as you guys don't repeatedly do it, so that Matt or Jason would see the intent through the actions alone, I don't think there will be an issue so long as there is no traceable evidence suggesting you guys spoke. However, that won't stop me from reporting it if I see it :P

Offline Loye

• Weakness is a sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 05:25:44 PM »
To be honest I doubt anyone outside Empire would use it - most play this for fun and not for something to put on their CV.

Once again - thanks for info ans keep safe.

8) 8)
T

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 05:31:51 PM »
To be honest I doubt anyone outside Empire would use it - most play this for fun and not for something to put on their CV.

Once again - thanks for info ans keep safe.

8) 8)
T

Again, that is rude. You are making the assertion that we kick our own to attack them, only to bring them back and send them their resources to "gain" rank within the rules of the game. We have not, we will not, and your constant assertions towards myself and Empire, while saying this wasn't about me to begin with, or that the scenario wasn't drawn from MY post in the other thread, seems to be a bit hypocritical.

If you had the gut feeling that someone had their fleet sitting out and knew with almost absolute certainty that their fleet wouldn't last through the night, wouldn't you kick them and attack them too? To prevent someone else from getting their hands on ships and resources that you helped to build?

It seems the logical thing to do.

I also don't like that you hypothetical scenario implies that we had contact, again, I'll go dig through the Skype chat if you want reassurance that we had zero contact and were going off of my gut instinct here.

Offline Loye

• Weakness is a sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 05:52:14 PM »
You are so sensitive - sorry I hurt your feelings, I know it can be hard staying at the top, especially when it has been given too you and expectation's are high for you deliver but you are failing.

Give me a shout if you need some advise.

8) 8)
T

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 06:00:56 PM »
You are so sensitive - sorry I hurt your feelings, I know it can be hard staying at the top, especially when it has been given too you and expectation's are high for you deliver but you are failing.

Give me a shout if you need some advise.

8) 8)
T

The only person that would have stopped me from getting to the top with my previous account would have been Bodlin anyways, and come March, he would have been in indefinite P mode, so while I applaud you for assuming that everything was given to me, despite the fact that half of Bodlins' DSP came from attacks I found for the both of us, or the fact that I've since grown his DSP by 50% of his original total in less than a week, I certainly am not "failing" by any means. I took less than a 200K lead on Commander C, and turned it into over 1 million in less than 48 hours.

I don't think I need any advise at staying at the top, the only thing that is going to get in my way is if someone gives up their fleet to Czoperj illegally, as he doesn't hunt players. Commander C is all but done for in this tournament unless he starts spending cash again, at least in terms of being #1.

Its certainly going to be a race between CzoperJ and I for the finish to be #1, barring rules violations from other players.

Btw, I'm not sensitive at all, I just love when someone vaguely states something, I narrow it down to the exact occurrence, and then you back pedal and say it isn't about me or what I had described, only to contradict yourself with your accusations and insults.

What you perceive to be sensitive, is actually me goading you to clarify your vague scenario.

Give me a shout if you need some advise on how to manipulate others :D

Grace

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 06:09:12 PM »
Gotta love BC and how he interprets the rules to suit himself:)

Will be most interesting seeing what the response is from Matt. In one thread, we have a naive violation that was done in honest ignorance and here we have an open admission of deliberation with full details of scheme exclosed.

I have seen BFG apply the rules on a situational basis in the past. In season 2, however, Matt is taking a more ruthless approach and I will be be surprised if Empire get away with this.

To answer your question anyway. It is not illegal in itself to boot and attack an alliance member. However, once you return the resources and bring him back in, it brings both the pushing and pulling rule into play.
Effectively, he was a target up for grabs that a calculated scheme to keep it in house denied the hit for any other alliance. If they had left him out of the alliance and kept the resources, there would have been no violation, as Empire would have had the same opportunity on an open target as everyone else.

Offline Loye

• Weakness is a sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 06:13:44 PM »
Brian -  tell you what, I invite every player in Tournament to comment.

Is BC a skilled player yes / no.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
T