contact
April 22, 2021, 02:06:13 PM

Author Topic: Minor adjustments for future clone unis...  (Read 441 times)

Offline Grace

• View Profile
Minor adjustments for future clone unis...
« on: February 08, 2021, 10:37:01 AM »
I feel as though I'm talking to myself in here so I wont bother wasting my time any more if no-one cares... neither the game company or the player base. I'll leave you with the following adjustments to consider before I give up.

uni8...
Remove ships from NPCs
leave plunder
Include the Thanatos

There is no good reason why the Thanatos should not be included in original versions of starfleet. It is the natural bridge between the prom and the zeus.

---------------------------------------------------------

Xtreme8
Remove ships from NPCs
leave plunder
Include the Thanatos

There is no good reason why the Thanatos should not be included in extreme versions of starfleet. It is the natural bridge between the prom and the zeus.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Guns2...
Remove ships from NPCs
leave plunder

The main problem with the first version was alien ship production not being able to keep up with human ships. Such a waste including them if we cant play with them. Remove debris from NPCs and it will slow down the speed of inflation which will help production of alien ship keep up a little with production of human ships

-----------------------------------------------------------

Eradeon4...
remove ships from NPCs
include plunder
Include the Thanatos

NPC debris and no plunder makes this uni impossible to get into for people who don't use the trade merchant. None paying players are needed just as much as paying players to make up the numbers and make the uni more dynamic. Otherwise it dies quicker. It is possible to get up to 10k proms without using the trade merchant from NPC plunder, but very difficult to build any at the same rate as paying players with no NPC plunder.

----------------------------------------------------------

Conquest4...
remove ships from NPCs
Remove debris from wormholes
Leave plunder

Conquest had the potential to be the best universe because it had the best balance of ships outside traditional versions. However, the main issue with this uni which spoils it is wormhole debris. Wormhole debris effectively ruined this version from the start because it took away all aspects of play. Remove wormhole and NPC debris and this is potentially a good uni.

---------------------------------------------------------

Nova6...
Remove ships from NPCs
Leave plunder
make battle techs inactive for stationary attack ships
Leave battle techs active for defensive ships (ie Zeus, curetes)

This is the best version in terms of rank protection for protecting newer or lower players. To build on that aspect, it would be interesting if battle techs could also be rendered inactive on stationary attack ships so that lower ranked players could attack higher ranked players. To keep the tactical aspect of outsmarting an attacker, defensive ships such as the curetes and the zeus would still have active battle techs when stationary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I am curious how one uni would play out with PvP restricted completely... would more people play if they could peacefully farm NPCs without having to worry about other players? Competition would effectively be competing against eachother rather than with eachother? PvP could be available for those who choose it by making it possible to attack other players only who you are actively at war with. This would require an adjustment to the alliance relations features. Another way to to do is to adjust the diplomacy mode feature so that NPCs could still be hit whilst in diplomacy mode, though at a reduction in resources obtained. This is an idea solely for the benefit of retaining other players and giving less active players a reason to continue playing so before anyone thinks that this is for my benefit, I would be happy to set up a war with any alliance who wanted to engage :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 11:12:45 AM by Grace »

birthmark-ant