contact
October 16, 2018, 02:33:42 PM

Author Topic: A push to bring in more players back to universe 1  (Read 3927 times)

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
A push to bring in more players back to universe 1
« on: October 04, 2017, 04:58:02 AM »
What do you guys all think would bring people back to uni1? What needs to happen to make this more exciting?

Offline *SHINZON*

• View Profile
Re: A push to bring in more players back to universe 1
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 06:48:48 AM »
Free Hydro.. but seeming as Bfg don't give a toss about players whats the point. The game is dead already you guys just have not woke up yet.....

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 05:00:57 PM »
If players were willing to trade hydro from the top down, things would improve.

Offline Stina Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 05:02:02 PM »
If players were more into pvp, that would liven things up too.

And not being afraid to lose some ships.

Offline nomadd40

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 09:05:46 AM »
If alliance's were more aggressive toward each other. But you need a good group of players out of d-mode. And a lot of people have real life to deal with.  Maybe a new NPC that shows up and attacks anyone in that sector that is active. That would liven things up.
No Borg ever won a war dying for the collective. Only decimating, or assimilating the other poor species.
Assimilated from Gen. Patton's speech.

nomadd
ASSIMILATION DRONE Unimatrix 0

Offline Megatron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 11:55:40 AM »
If everyone blew there ships up in a mass free for all the npcs would in theory also descale. And of course pesky hydro costs would come down  ;)

Offline Ziorus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 12:43:09 PM »
Remove the p markers, and maybe even dip mode. Make it where when a player is getting attack, that the alliance all get an attack marker with the coords. Within their fleet page, the will be able to see their teammate's attackers. Allow for moon gates to be used by all alliance members for defense only but have some kind of wait to return.

Also on the alliance end, I would create new alliance planets which we can fight for. These planets would produce resources at an extreme rate which can be given to players. The lower players will be able to get more than the higher ranking people, even though I know the higher ranking people also need the hydro. Have about 3 to 4 of these planets per system.

Just some ideas.

Offline Trump

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 08:05:12 AM »
Remove the p markers, and maybe even dip mode. Make it where when a player is getting attack, that the alliance all get an attack marker with the coords. Within their fleet page, the will be able to see their teammate's attackers. Allow for moon gates to be used by all alliance members for defense only but have some kind of wait to return.

Also on the alliance end, I would create new alliance planets which we can fight for. These planets would produce resources at an extreme rate which can be given to players. The lower players will be able to get more than the higher ranking people, even though I know the higher ranking people also need the hydro. Have about 3 to 4 of these planets per system.

Just some ideas.

I actually think your ideas (besides removing P and D mode) would kill the game entirely (as far as the game isn't dead already).
Only top alliances and players would profit from these ideas.
Just like any game, it's not the top players and alliances that keep the game alive, it's the mediocer player that keeps stuff interesting.

Personaly I would try to find a way to make it easier to get to the point where everyone can beat everyone.
Put a cap on research levels and ships that can be build. That way every player can come to the point where they can challenge #1.
Right now the difference in the top 10 is to big.
When I look at Guns, the #1 Stormbringer couldnt even be touched by the #2 till #10 together.

What really would make this game more interesting is this.
Shipyards become specialized, for instant (transport, fighter, recycler, cruiser, battleship, destroyer).
Transport can build (Atlas, Herc, Carmanor, Heph)
Fighter can build (Artemis, Apollo, Erebus)
Recycler can build (Zagreus, Dio, Triton)
Cruiser can build (Poseidon, Curetes, Moros)
Battleship can build (Athena, Hades, Ares)
Destroyer can build (Proms, Zeus, Than)
Probes and Sats can be build everywhere.

Now we put a cap on every specialized shipyard, level 1 allows you to build 1000 ships, level 25 (max level) allows you to build 50.000.000.000 ships
Probes and sats will have a standard cap of 100.000.000.000 per planet (together).

This requires a more strategic way of thinking.
You'll have 9 planets and every planet will have a focus on a surten type of ship, or a split focus like a level 12 transport shipyard and a level 13 recycler shipyard.

Ofcourse this would need a lot of developement and we all know thats not gonna happen.

Offline Ziorus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 06:31:42 PM »
I actually think your ideas (besides removing P and D mode) would kill the game entirely (as far as the game isn't dead already).
Only top alliances and players would profit from these ideas.
Just like any game, it's not the top players and alliances that keep the game alive, it's the mediocer player that keeps stuff interesting.

Personaly I would try to find a way to make it easier to get to the point where everyone can beat everyone.
Put a cap on research levels and ships that can be build. That way every player can come to the point where they can challenge #1.
Right now the difference in the top 10 is to big.
When I look at Guns, the #1 Stormbringer couldnt even be touched by the #2 till #10 together.

What really would make this game more interesting is this.
Shipyards become specialized, for instant (transport, fighter, recycler, cruiser, battleship, destroyer).
Transport can build (Atlas, Herc, Carmanor, Heph)
Fighter can build (Artemis, Apollo, Erebus)
Recycler can build (Zagreus, Dio, Triton)
Cruiser can build (Poseidon, Curetes, Moros)
Battleship can build (Athena, Hades, Ares)
Destroyer can build (Proms, Zeus, Than)
Probes and Sats can be build everywhere.

Now we put a cap on every specialized shipyard, level 1 allows you to build 1000 ships, level 25 (max level) allows you to build 50.000.000.000 ships
Probes and sats will have a standard cap of 100.000.000.000 per planet (together).

This requires a more strategic way of thinking.
You'll have 9 planets and every planet will have a focus on a surten type of ship, or a split focus like a level 12 transport shipyard and a level 13 recycler shipyard.

Ofcourse this would need a lot of developement and we all know thats not gonna happen.

With my idea, then the alliance planets can only be kept for a certain amount of time when they randonly move around. Of course a balance play can be implemented. Ideas are not to just step down and forget about them. It is to see if they can grow and work fairly for all players. Having specialized shipyards as you put it would also not help the lower players since the higher ranking players will have the resources to build them and quickly. The cap on ships is already there, maybe it is just too high and your numbers woiuld help, but then again no one would be able to hit NPCs after a while since the NPC would get too strong.

Offline Ziorus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 06:35:25 PM »
My idea was also to create team play, something more besides GA or GD. But one thing is correct, the stuff will never get programmed in. I mean even fixing the ship max could be an easy fix. It all depends if the setting is within the code or DB. If in the DB, then it could be very easy. If in the code, then it could take a bit more work.

Offline Megatron

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 07:31:00 PM »
How about new players get flooded with hydro?
And the crap newbie npcs are alot more profitable to allow them to build and rebuild quicker? Takes to long starting bk.

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 07:53:29 PM »
Jason has promised to forward these suggestions on, but at least they are reading our suggestions, keep them coming.

Offline Stina Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 04:08:54 AM »
The size gap between #1 and #2 and #200 matters very little, I think. Apparently, a lot of players have already reached maximum ships and/or defenses per planet or moon. I've never been in the top 100 but have managed to successfully attack quite a few accounts in the top 100...as high as #6 I believe.

I like the idea of getting rid of p and d mode...or capping it maybe. Force players to be active. Making the npcs more hydro heavy could help with those who are struggling to find trading partners.

Personally, I don't want random players, even alliance mates, using my warp gates for any reason.

Just using the basic game rules and not changing the game, I think this game could be just as fun as it once was if there was more activity and it didn't "cost" as much to do it. As a player who doesn't buy credits, I rely heavily on the basic game structures to be able to advance. The game just needs to be able to keep up with it's player base growth.

The only other thing I wish would happen, is if you're done with the game...allow your account to GO AWAY. That allows for other player accounts to move up as older players cycle out.

Offline Reavers

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 05:56:50 AM »
The only thing that can jumpstart this game is to bring in more players. The only ones willing to play this game are already playing it. Desperate times require desperate action. Blue Frog should never have created multiple universes and the only way to correct that is to unify all of the universes back into one. I wouldn't mind bringing my other account over to Original universe as long as I can keep everything I have built. As it is now, I'm playing two dying universes. Might as well make it one healthy universe.

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 06:39:30 AM »
I have posted on the other universes that show forum activity asking for their input onto this thread since Matt and Jason are both reading this thread.

birthmark-ant