contact
February 24, 2018, 05:33:56 PM

Author Topic: A push to bring in more players back to universe 1  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Scott Antichow

• View Profile
Re: A push to bring in more players back to universe 1
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 03:11:21 PM »
There 8s one clear defining factor that makes this game tough to keep up with and that is the hydro cost. When the top players have to purchase credits to trade crystal or ore for hydro there is no way anyone can expect trades for hydro to take place. Now why would I purchase 2 million credits worth of hydro then trade it away for ore or crystal? It doesn't make any sense.

Kevin had an idea that we all.blow up our ships till the universe is at zero again. We would have to build up our mines first. In theory it would only temporarily fix the issue as players would be racing to a massive ship counts again and eventually hydro costs would be at am all.time high again. Hydro Hydro Hydro just simply costs too much. They could likely do a number of things to bring down our costs like creating a commander that cuts our hydro required by 50% or whatever. The reason that won't happen is because it will hit BFG  in the pocket book.

The way I see it is either BFG takes major steps to allowing the max ships to be corrected as well as bring down hydro costs or they just simply let the game implode. Either way BFG takes a hit on their pocket book. Now the question is what is the best for their business plan. That's what they care about the most. Money After all they are a business and businesses have to make profits to survive.

Offline Megatron

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 04:59:30 PM »
Or a better and more easier solution.
You can instantly buy hydro from bfg at fantastic rates.
Its bought as a token you can use at any planet or moon of your chosing and at a time of your chosing like mine catalyst.
Simplest fix and easiest to implement.
And keeps everyone happy.
But upgrade the tokens amount to scale the highest current hydro storage trade merchant.
Your welcome everyone before you call me a genious  8)
Ps. It will also mean people will then do favourable ore and crystal trades with low ranks for there excess hydro.
Meaning they will grow quicker aswell.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:02:09 PM by Megatron »

Offline Megatron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 11:07:47 PM »
And if your worried it will get out of control. Then limit it to the max amount of a trade merchant does per trade on the higest current storage facility.
And you can also put a cooldown time limit on so it cannot be used again for a certain amount of tine.

Offline gmfeier

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2017, 03:57:42 AM »
I don't know what would bring entirely new players in, short of an advertising campaign with a really good deal for new players, but we could hang on to existing players and maybe bring back some former ones with a couple of changes. First and foremost would be to SIGNIFICANTLY increase the hydro on NPCs, perhaps by a factor of 100. Another would be to bring in a bigger recycler that bears the same relation to the Dio as the Carm does to the Herc. Perhaps putting some seriously good prizes in the Lucky Draw would help as well.

Offline Ziorus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 07:56:10 AM »
Redo the lucky draw. Base it on the current rank of the player so that the higher the player is, the less the wins are. So a player just starting out could win like 100k in resources, or like a complete resource pack of 100k of each resources. Then as the player gets higher in the ranks, these kind of lucky draws will get less and then soon disappear to the player once they reach certain ranks. This could help the lower players to somewhat help catch up to the main stream ranks. Just a thought.

Offline the red emperor

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 10:49:29 AM »
There is only one way getting more players to the original universe. Erase every universe, save credits per email address to put in new original universe. This is not feasible since it would piss off every one that likes play styles like extreme, or ones with territories. Have a promise not to create more universes to essentially cash in new wave of credit purchasing. This is also not a good business practice. Also keep the rsp percent in place of who you can attack not 10% each way.  Nothing like a new player attacking a live player to have a larger fish o lock them with 4 quadrillion athena.  This game is past the point of return.  have hydro mines produce about 25 times more per level and lower hydro use per ship so players can send attacks. Dsp per pvp style only. Npcs only for p layers under 1 million rsp so they can get a jump start for late arrival into universe and learn how to attack.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 05:25:56 PM »
Lol...the new unis donít even have forums...they donít bother anymore...takes too much time from their busy lives...rofl
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 05:29:57 PM »
They have even given up punishing blatant cheating now...
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Devil_Spawn

• Destined to sow the seeds of EVIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2017, 07:54:52 AM »
Easy answer to the hydro situation...get rid of the huge fleets and then limit the NPC again to only go to a limited size... this would go a long way to putting some pvp back again..

Prior to NPC being opened to rsp growth we managed with our small fleets as we could keep on top of hydro production and also raided for the hydro we needed..

as for BFG listening to its players....NOT GONNA HAPPEN....they knew exactly what was going to happen when they unlocked the NPC....NPC GROWTH = CREDITS BOUGHT = TRADE MERCHANTS..

Offline Megatron

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2017, 10:21:08 AM »
They will have to listen when everyone goes in d mode and dont buy them  :-X

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2017, 01:07:04 PM »
No they wonít...I am guessing that n3 was the last new uni...whatís in the future now is complete neglect, until eventually there will be no game to log into as they wonít pay servers
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Megatron

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2017, 06:46:55 PM »
Right someone test it. See if you can still get a 3 day forum ban lol

Offline gmfeier

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2017, 11:22:14 PM »
One more small suggestion - allow players to sell unnecessary commanders, catalysts, etc. back to the store for half credits.

Offline Tal-Khoraash

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 07:26:32 AM »
I have a few ideas myself, and I'll outline them. But first, something else. Various people do complain (with reason, I might add) that BFG is just cloning universes and barely changing anything in them. BFG is a company, and they need to make profit to exist (not just make money, they need to make *enough* money to pay for all expenses associated with running the business, renting server space, renting any office space they may still have, paying their employees, etc, etc. I'm an accounting assistant, I could go on for a while about this, haha).

I remember beta testing a new BFG game years ago, Shadowrift Empires was the name I think. It looked great, had interesting new mechanics, awesome graphics, perhaps even had sound (I don't recall). For whatever reason, it did not take off, or work, or something. The point is, BFG spent years of time, effort, ideas, paid for likely hundreds of hours of coding and graphics arts on this new game. No idea how much money it was, but for a small company like BFG, that had to have been a huge chunk of any savings and profits they had budgeted (and this was back when SFC still had lots more players, and thus BFG had more income to work with). For whatever reason, that game did not work, or take off, or something. So BFG lost all that time and money, after working so hard for so long.

That is why BFG suddenly went from 20 or 30 employees to, what, 4 or 5 now. That's why they cannot make big changes to the game.

We need new players to save the game? BFG needs those new players just as much to save themselves as a company.
'Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed.'
Sun Tzu - Art of War

First Rigellian of SFCO RgC
Rigellian Compact (RgC) - 7 years strong as of 12/12/2016!

Offline Tal-Khoraash

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 07:43:51 AM »
Now, to the ideas I have.

To attract new players:

I think it is time we the SFC community commit ourselves to bring new folks in. Whatever BFG is doing, it isn't enough. We need to work on this too. Any who can afford to buy Facebook ads should buy some targeting groups of people such as: strategy gamers, retired people, ex-military veterans, science fiction readers and writers, people interested in sci-fi movies, anything else we can think of. I believe Facebook lets you target ads to certain areas of the USA, so areas around US military bases would work for veterans, tech areas such as Seattle or Silicon Valley would get heavy computer users, large cities to reach different younger people, suburban areas to look for retired folks with lots of time on their hands, etc. Same idea for European areas.

A few SFC community members who are good with graphics should create, maybe, 5 or 6 different ads, and then people should just use the already created ads, if possible. Having never bought a Facebook ad, I don't know exactly how one would be made, if it lets you just drop in a pre-made little graphic or webpage ad or whatever.

Also, SFC members can go to the community boards of other strategy games that are not exactly the same as SFC or that original game SFC came from, and befriend people there. Then, after you are known and not just some "random outsider" showing up, talk about this great game, and ask your new friends to come join it and try this out. Not a bad idea to try and talk to online gaming clans, who are strategy gamers either, and get them here and to spread word.
'Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed.'
Sun Tzu - Art of War

First Rigellian of SFCO RgC
Rigellian Compact (RgC) - 7 years strong as of 12/12/2016!