contact
August 18, 2018, 03:24:54 AM

Author Topic: Throwing down the gauntlet -- the race for No. 2  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
Throwing down the gauntlet -- the race for No. 2
« on: December 17, 2017, 09:12:21 AM »
Something interesting to watch over the next few months is the race for the No. 2 slot on the leader board.  Since Nov. 2, Silent-Bob has closed the DSPs gap with Bruce Mays from 176.6 sextillion points to just a bit over 105 sextillion points.  If we were to assume a linear closure rate, Silent-Bob will pass Bruce in DSPs sometime in late February.  However, the closure rate has accelerated over the past few weeks, so I suspect this crossing point will occur before then, maybe mid-February.

The other significant gap is in RSPs, where the difference essentially is the RSPs value of a Hydro Storage 75 upgrade.  Bruce has had his HS 75 for a while, and since then he's been collecting for his HS 76.  I imagine that S-B's HS 75 will come forth soon.  Because he is increasing DSPs (and collecting res) faster than is Bruce, I think that S-B's time to get from HS 75 to HS 76 will be less than Bruce's.  How much less, I don't know.  It will be interesting to see what is the time gap between when Bruce and S-B pop their HS 76's, and who actually finishes that unit, first.  If Bruce finishes his first, he should hold on to the No. 2 spot until S-B completes his HS 76.  But, once S-B reaches HS parity at Level 76, I think that he will pull away from Bruce and become No. 2, due to his greater rate of DSPs growth.

We haven't had a race like this on the leader board in over three years.  This is a really good one.  I invite you to follow along as each of these two fine players joust for supremacy over the other.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
Re: Throwing down the gauntlet -- the race for No. 2
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 06:27:04 AM »
Silent-Bob reduced the DSPs gap to under 100 sextillion points today.  The gap might momentarily rise above this level, but the trend of S-B catching up to Bruce Mays continues.

Offline Wedge Antilles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 03:42:20 PM »
As a great man once said, "Good against remotes is one thing. Good against the living, that's something else."

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 04:21:21 PM »
Hi, Wedge,

Most of us at the top have proven that we can perform all the interesting types of attacks.  It's a different game these days, at least at the top -- driven more by activity and managing logistics than by anything else.  There still is innovation going on, but it's largely in improving efficiencies of wumpus-hunting and managing the flow of resources between planets and players.  I don't think that a new attack tactic has developed for a number of years.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 02:52:03 AM »
If you want innovation, you go to new unis...
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 08:16:26 PM »
Silent-Bob closed the DSPs gap to under 90 sextillion DSPs today.  That's a closure of 10 sextillion in about 5 days.  So, maybe 45 more days until S-B passes Bruce in DSPs?  Maybe around Feb 8  to Feb. 10, sometime around then?  We'll see.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 09:43:16 PM »
And the beat goes on.  The DSPs gap now is down to 78.6 sextillion points, taking about 4 days to reduce the gap by a bit more than 10 sextillion points.  At this rate, we are looking at total gap closure sometime in early February.

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 05:57:18 AM »
This is interesting to watch, is Bruce Mays not hitting as many targets?

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 07:52:43 AM »
Hi, DZ,

For all the very large players except me, the size of the NPCs appear to cap out at around 800 Qn - 850 Qn total DSPs (mine are very special -- there is "Screw the No. 1 player" code in the NPC spawning algorithm that makes my spawns smaller than those for the other large players).  Given that Bruce's spawns and Silent-Bob's spawns are about the same size, my conclusion is that S-B is hitting a lot more targets each day than is Bruce.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 08:04:27 AM »
Silent-Bob has cut another 10 sextillion points off the DSPs gap, again in 4 days.  it's now at 68.6 sextillion points, dropped from 176.6 sextillion on November 2.  At this pace, the gap will be closed around the end of January, or maybe in very early February.

Remember that Bruce leveled up to Hydro Storage Level 75 several weeks before Silent-Bob, so it is likely that Bruce will get his HS 76 first, giving him a temporary RSPs boost.  Given how much faster S-B is creating DSPs, I suspect that, once S-B gets his HS 76, he will take the No. 2 overall spot and keep it, until he passes me for No. 1.

Offline Brer Rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 02:01:00 PM »
I have never been a big LB watcher, but I am now. Watching it very closely. As I am now Shinzon, I have to watch Navy Goat more closely. He has taken # 1 fleet from me, but I am pulling away in the overall. Now launching on average, 3 attacks per day. And yes Todd, am also noticing that my spawns are getting bigger

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 06:42:05 AM »
Hi, Brer,

Are you adding to your RSPs?  I'm thinking that you must be doing so, or your spawns wouldn't be growing any more.  I'm seeing more spawns in G8 in the 650 Qn - 750 Qn DSPs size, I'm thinking that those must be either yours or WGW's, you fellows are fairly close in RSPs these days.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 06:50:30 AM »
Once more to Brer...

I assume that guys like you, Goat, and Shepard are building up your fleet by cranking out phantom Arties, taking advantage of the same code bug that enables you to build up defenses to absurd levels by building phantom Missile Batteries.  I'd be wary about burning crys for phantom units.  If Bruce, Silent-Bob, and I decided to all retire and not pass on our accounts, the price of play would go up substantially, because you fellows are using your crys for building invisible ships, rather than using it to upgrade your hydro storage units.  I know it's nice to see the fleets and defenses go up to silly levels via construction of invisible units, and see the RSPs increase accordingly, but you also need to keep the eye on building stuff that enhances your game play, most specifically HS upgrades.  Don't punt on doing that, those are very important units!

Offline SilentBob

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 08:49:46 AM »
In terms of fleet numbers, Bruce and a number of others are ahead of me.

In terms of DSP increases I'm putting on around double the amount Bruce is daily. I know he has a large combat fleet and had max numbers of most on his Hep - I don't. I believe I have approximately double the Zeus numbers Bruce has which is why I am catching him.

Shear fleet numbers are one thing, productive fleet numbers are another. If you are to build fleet, build useful fleet that helps you generate res instead of just wasting it. What ATW said about building your HS is very important too.

My two pennies ;)

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 04:02:12 PM »
What do you mean by phantom units?

birthmark-ant