contact
October 15, 2018, 01:08:59 PM

Author Topic: Varsity tournament 2018  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
Varsity tournament 2018
« on: December 27, 2017, 05:21:46 AM »
As we are about to go into the JV4 I wanted to announce the plans for approximately late July to mid August I plan on hosting the Varsity tournament. On that tournament I hope to see alliances like Cold, BLITZ, Based On, Pilgrims,  HOD and Legacy participate and anyone else. I encourage everyone to reach out to all your friends and bring new blood into this game. I understand that is 7 months away but I am putting it out so we all have something to look forward to and plan for

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
Re: Varsity tournament 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 06:22:05 AM »
As the JV4 is winding down to a close it is time to get serious regarding the varsity tournament.  For this tournament there will be NO brackets, 5 active players and I am pretty sure no pmode rules will be enforced.  I will do this on the Rayman Farewell Tournament scoring system.  It might be starting July or August depending on who is participating and the time frames everyone needs to have accomodated.

Please confirm your interest on this thread so that we can get a feel for who will be wanting to participate

Offline Tympanic Membrane

• Skype - mdp@mymts.net
    • Twitter - @Michael_Penner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 06:27:03 AM »
Pug would be interested to joining in and trying again. Would like a thorough rule book for us tournament newbs.

Cheers

TM

Offline Bulgarian Teal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 02:47:47 AM »
A suggestion for the final round,  shorten it to two weeks. Puts more pressure on the actives.

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 04:07:02 AM »
I will have rules posted regarding the Varsity tournament within 2 weeks, thank you for your patience.

Offline idanthyrsus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 11:08:35 AM »
Do not have a seeding system as it just encouraged non action as per legacy.

Offline Bulgarian Teal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 04:08:43 PM »
Poor Idanthrysus. We scored points. Not many,  granted,  but more than Pilgrims.

Offline Bulgarian Teal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 04:53:21 PM »
I believe Legacy did more than sit around. Results from Round 1.
Blitz -8
Legacy -6
Pilgrms -4
Cold -4
Report to moderator     Logged
 Offline Dead Zone

FRS or lose your toys
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: JV4 scoreboard, keeping track of war wins
Reply #39 on: February 07, 2018, 06:58:33 AM
Round 1 is officially over. We are now on the 1 week pause. Since Pug dropped out Blitz, Legacy, Pilgrims and Cold are advancing to round 2.

And the results from Round 2
Legacy - 6
Blitz - 3
Pilgrims - 3
Cold - 0
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 05:03:59 PM by Bulgarian Teal »

Offline Bulgarian Teal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 05:01:30 PM »
Yes, our smaller sized alliance mates were the only ones that landed successful attacks in the final round , but isn't that the purpose of the JVT? There were plenty of red stripes buzzing around searching.

ALL involved from ALL the participants played extremely well.  Points were VERY tough to find.

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 04:53:45 AM »
Preliminary rules for the upcoming Varsity Tournament:

1) Active alliance component:
Participating alliances will be required to have 5 players active at all times. (the only reason I say 5 instead of 10 is we have such a small player pool in most alliances 10 would disqualify many alliances).
----Players are considered active if they are Not in dmode, Not in pmode, Not suspended. This means that each alliance must have minimum 5 players attackable at all hours.

2) Alliances will set points to 1 trillion (1,000,000,000,000). Inactives do not count. There is no % loss from dmode.

3) Rounds will be conducted in a free-for-all fashion. This increases the target availability for all players. 

4) Alliance leaders will have 24 hours to accept war requests after they are sent.  It is considered poor form to wait that long, but since we had complaints the past few tournaments I do need to put this into effect.

5) There will be 3 rounds, each round will last 3 weeks.

6) The start of a round will be on Tuesdays for the Europeans, Mondays for the Americans as 00:00 game time happens to be a Tuesday for the Eurozone.

7) Rounds will end in accordance with above.

8) There is no pmode monitoring.  Above I have said that ALL alliances must have 5 players who are active. A player who is in pmode is not considered active as they are not hittable.

9) There are NO brackets. Anyone in an alliance who is active is a target.

10) Scoring it is based upon Rayman's scoring system. Admiral T-Wayne will post the scoring guidelines and then I will modify this topic. I am taking Captain Theodore's suggestions regarding this.

Official start date is to be determined, tentatively early August

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 03:50:38 AM »
Hi, folks, we will be using the scoring system from the most previous "varsity" tournament, with a few tweaks which were introduced mid-stream.  So, here is the first draft of the scoring system, we have lots of time for adjustments, if folks can justify them.

SCORING SYSTEM

The scoring system is based on fleet strengths of the attacker versus the defender's total fleet strength. All fleet strengths are determined and posted at the start of each round. This is the number that will be used to calculate the strike points awarded (See Chart & Examples below)

ATTKR Force vs. Defender's Total Fleet Str.      STRIKE POINTS
                   0 - 10%                                              5000
                   11- 25%                                              3750
                   26 - 50%                                             2500
                   51 - 75%                                             1250
                   76 - 100%                                           1000
                  101 - 125%                                           500
                  126 - 150%                                           250
                  151% or more                                       100

A successful Attack / Defend must generate a minimum of 25k war points.

All successful defends are worth 500 strike points - no more, no less.

Any attack or defense which results in a "conventional" SFC war win earns an additional 1000 points.

In any 24-hour period, only the first successful plunder attack by an alliance against a given opposing player earns strike points.  Notwithstanding this statement, any plunder attack which results in a war win still earns 1000 bonus points.

In the previous tourney, we had a situation where one alliance found a high-resources planet that was left undefended by a negligent player.  The alliance plundered that planet so many times, that they earned enough strike points to make it impossible for any other alliance to challenge them for the tourney lead.  The above limitation on plunder attacks is instituted to avoid a repeat of that situation.

Needless to say, two alliances have to be at war, in order for a successful attack (or defense) to win strike points.

Example - Ship vs Ship
Player A launches an attack against Player B.
Player A uses 6000 ships in the strike. Player B has a total fleet strength of 10000.
Player A's attack is 60% of Player B's total strength. If Player A's attack is successful and scores more than 25k war points (i.e. game's point tracker) then Player A's alliance gains 1250 strike points
Example 2 - Resource Strike
Player C launches an attack on Player D's planet
Player C's attack force is 20% of Player D's total fleet strength
Player C's grabs resources that net 19k war points which would generate 0 strike points

The scoring system presented here intentionally is weighted to favor attacks with "just enough ships to win", vs. "overwhelming force" attacks.  Points earned for successful, well-tuned attacks also intentionally are set to be substantially larger than the points earned by successful defenses, thereby providing an incentive to take some chances on offense.   

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 03:52:35 AM by Admiral T-Wayne »

Offline Tybors Master

• We are stonger together, than we are apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 07:50:30 PM »
If this Tournament is still on, it appears that SWaRM will be able to particpate.

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 01:34:09 AM »
So legacy, Pug, Swarm and Blitz/Rage so far are the only ones interested in a tournament, that gives us 4. If we can find 2 more alliances I will host tournament

Offline Tybors Master

• We are stonger together, than we are apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 07:35:44 PM »
As per your request Dead Zone, I have contacted some alliances (and will continue to do so.) So far, the replies are negative. All were responces that would do their membership proud.

Except for one.

Cmdr Spazzy vollied off a dozen replies yesterday. And more followed today.   Just like a spazztic colon, a lot of shit was spewed forth. Apparently, he is of the opinion that he should have been notified.

I pointed out that it has been on the boards since 2017 December.

Then it was he doesn't look at the boards, because of all the whiners.

I pointed out that for a dozen messages, all he had done is whine. And to put any questions Spazzy has, directly to Dead Zone.

More spewing of Spazzy rectal juice. One gem was he/she/it will not deal wiih Dead Zone directly.  And as I will not ( as ordered to) pass on his spew.... I guess the membership will not get to participate.

Spazzy needs to work on grammar, sentence structure, spelling and punctuation. Let alone some social skills.

To all the other leaders who have responded, thank you for your decorum.

And.... no Spazzy.  I am not a teacher.  Merely a heavy equipment operator, without a high school deploma. Threatening to make all members of SWaRM food,  isn't a threat.  It is merely part of the game.

TM
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 04:19:52 AM by Tybors Master »

Offline Treakle the Sweet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 09:44:09 PM »
For them to be food, his folks would have to come out of d mode. LOL

birthmark-ant