contact
September 26, 2018, 01:01:15 PM

Author Topic: new uni ??? :)  (Read 14738 times)

Offline Atryn

• View Profile
Re: new uni ??? :)
« Reply #405 on: August 25, 2010, 01:12:24 PM »
With regard to the question of "why provide advance warning" and "why not provide advance notice and reset"... I agree with the notion that its rude to punish / waste time for the folks that did get in there early.  However, if the goal was to entice (d) players over, keep in mind that many only log in once a week.  That means they may not have seen the Uni 2 notice and may choose not to participate as they are already behind.

I'm equally surprised that nothing has been posted in "Features and Updates" and no new board has been created for the new Universe (a la the Extreme and Original boards).

But, par for the course.

Atryn
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline miann

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 25, 2010, 01:17:32 PM »
to add to your post how are we going to get new players if the facebook link dosnt even work.. and if it gets working later... why would new players want to join now...

Offline Atryn

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 25, 2010, 01:42:35 PM »
I did not log in via Facebook.

I cannot see any way to invite friends for Crew points other than opening up my entire database of contacts to BFG.  Has anyone found a way around this?

I should be able to invite people one email address at a time...

Atryn

Offline Atryn

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 25, 2010, 02:05:46 PM »
FYI to all -

Ticket #XXXXX: I did not join uni2 via facebook. I cannot find any way to i...

Your request (#XXXXX) has been deemed solved.

To review, comment and reopen the request, follow the link below:
http://starfleetcommander.zendesk.com/tickets/XXXXX

John Hunka, Aug 25 09:54 (EDT):

We do not store any information from the contact database if that is what your concern is. I will ask about the possibility of single address sending, but it is probably unlikely that a programmers would have time to add this feature.

Offline SGS 6

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 25, 2010, 02:09:36 PM »
Quote from: "BrianC"
First Colony?

Colonized a planet 17 minutes ago.

Beat me to it, it seems. Mine (slowed as a fleetsave) landed about 30 minutes ago.
Uni 1: retired, formerly Silver Gate Squadron
Uni 2: Sheridan Starkiller, Leader of the Shadows (Shadows)
http://http://wiki.playstarfleet.com/index.php/Shadows_(Shadows)

Offline Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 25, 2010, 02:58:00 PM »
This whole mess with facebook is why I won't invite my friends through the email system. It was easy before, but to have to give them access to my email list is not going to happen. I have family members, like my grandparents whop don't need to be getting a request I know they will ignore anyways, as well as over half my friends. So if I know they will not play why should they be getting an invite? And what every time I add someone new to my emails means that any who did not accept the first time would again have to receive another invite! If someone sent me an invite in my emails more then twice for a game I have no intent on joining I would consider that a small form of harassment. Not a major problem but I have respect for my friends and family. I'd just sooner ask the ones I know either through facebook or individual emails.
Hawkins, Former member and Leader of Hawkins\' Hellions
Assumption is the mother of all F@#$ ups.
Moons given: 7
Moons owned: Still 0

Offline Master

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 25, 2010, 04:47:07 PM »
I checked it out and it seems that after you invite someone they no longer show up as available to invite as well as any other email addresses you have listed under that name (at least for gmail)

I also requested the link from my friend that they got in their email and posted on my alliance forum in Mafia Boss and today I got my second crew member even though I never emailed anyone else. So all else fails invite yourself with a second email address to get the link and email that to individual people.
poeticmotion: You know what will happen if I oracle-lock you?

Absolutely nothing. I\'ll cuss a few times, mutter "holy crap, I\'m not even going to battlecalc that" and have nightmares about 10000 capitol ships descending upon my homeworld.

Offline Bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 25, 2010, 05:19:31 PM »
Out of curiosity, what is the problem with letting them see your friends list in FB but not your e-mail list?

It doesnt auto-send to everyone in your address book, you select who you wish to send the link too, just like your friends list.

It sorta seems like "You can look in my room when I am naked, but you cant watch me take a shower, that would be horrible!"

I think e-mail is far less effective than direct contact on a social network would be. I dont open crap like this when I get it, lol.
Brute Force, if its not working, you\'re just not using enough.

Remember kids, fleetsaving wastes Hydro!

Offline Daven

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 25, 2010, 05:22:52 PM »
Giving e-mail address of friends means that they can be targeted for SPAM

While I don't know if BFG sells, trades, or "loans" e-mail lists out - so many others do that as a matter of courtesy to my friends - I never give out their e-mail addresses for any reason without their permission.

Offline jonais

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 25, 2010, 05:47:16 PM »
Quote from: "Daven"
Giving e-mail address of friends means that they can be targeted for SPAM

While I don't know if BFG sells, trades, or "loans" e-mail lists out - so many others do that as a matter of courtesy to my friends - I never give out their e-mail addresses for any reason without their permission.

/agree

I'm taking the route of just sending the link to the people that I want to invite... Like everyone from my alliance in Universe 1  :twisted:

Offline Captain Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 25, 2010, 07:24:20 PM »
I started a little late but have jumped 3000 in rank.  I got skillz.  Went from the 5000s to 2000s.  I just unlocked atlas and have AI 2.  I can raid both unguarded ore and crystal mines at the same time now.

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 25, 2010, 07:26:32 PM »
Going to close this blob of a thread.

For any of the various discussions / unsolved problems occurring in this post (please no more FB playing posts, Matt posted that they are aware of it), create a new thread in the Universe 2 section.

Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.