new noob rule good thing?

+1
8 (61.5%)
+/- 0
3 (23.1%)
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: October 21, 2010, 05:12:27 AM

Author Topic: I come out of V mode and see all this nonsense...  (Read 686 times)

Offline LunarAvenger

• Your flesh shall be sutured into the orthodoxy!
    • View Profile
I come out of V mode and see all this nonsense...
« on: October 21, 2010, 05:12:27 AM »
Who else hates the new (n) mode rules?!

I fail to see how it helps? Now noobs can get even bigger before I smash them for not fleetsaving properly. And this will help them stay in the game how?

This is how I observe it in practice.

1. new player joins, is protected, can only be attack by other noobs.
2. new player builds up to the point where he can be attacked by other "protected people"
3. new player isnt really under any threat to fleetsave because he is still protected by the n-mode from hunters.

4a. unprepared player gets out of (n) mode, me understanding that I can hit him once immediately launch until until I am fleetlocked on his 9 planets. (16-17 fleets divided by 8 or 9)
5a. said player is so totally obliterated that he quits and later in a week I see (in)

Case: subject 1: Commander RickTheGreat (in) subject 2: Kruel
4b. unprepared player (subject 1) gets out of (n), but is still in (n) mode to me (seeing how I'm ranked 216 etc)
5b. a local aggressive player who is smaller then me farms him, then I farm him. (subject 2)
6b. both get extremely frustrated at the game.
-the unprepared because he is getting farmed.
-the aggressive because with me (and anyone else like me) pounding him 6 times a day everyday he can never miss a fleetsave (and he is), and will never have real defenses.

Extreme STILL boasts 62k players... same as before the rule. I see no difference except more frustration to smaller ranked players.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
I'm Ancient
Disciple of the ZPM, occe Leader of the Empire, and designer of various ships that were added.

Offline poeticmotion

• View Profile
Re: I come out of V mode and see all this nonsense...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 05:15:17 AM »
Extreme's never had 62k players at once. When I left X it had *maybe* 7 or 8k active tops.
Uni2-PoeticMotion[ODB] Peak rank 24 peak DSP rank 9 ***RETIRED FROM SFC***

Offline Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 04:53:04 PM »
It gives the noobs a better chance if they find themselves a good alliance and learn the basics before they come out of protection. They will hopefully learn to frs and not get hit by subject 2 who in turn might not get hit by you then. If they still haven't learned to do so then they obviously chose the wrong alliance or in some cases need to join an alliance.
Hawkins, Former member and Leader of Hawkins\' Hellions
Assumption is the mother of all F@#$ ups.
Moons given: 7
Moons owned: Still 0

Offline Victor Doom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 05:00:03 PM »
. :twisted: Maybe you shouldn't be so concerned with who's coming out of (n) mode so you can show off your prowess... but I guess you need an audiance..  :twisted:
"Meeting me might have been the most devastating and traumatic focal point of your entire life... For me... It was Tuesday..."

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 05:08:17 PM »
Your a little late on arguing this, lol. I believe the general consensus was that it was good.
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.