Author Topic: The420Pengiun  (Read 7255 times)

Offline LunarAvenger

• Your flesh shall be sutured into the orthodoxy!
    • View Profile
The420Pengiun
« on: November 09, 2010, 10:41:45 AM »
Quote from: "Ptonjalken"
Please keep this out of this post in respect to the OP, if you wish to discuss it further - create another topic.
Done. Here it is. Don't Lock it.  :?

Anyway I can look at the deleted threads?

Quote from: "Big S"
Ummmm, so this person waited all this time till the very day Penguin gets perma-banned, and then sets out on a crusade to discredit Penguin, but didn't do this before now. And this person sees fit to do it after the perma-ban, thus making this whole strategem completely pointless. Nice theory.

Last time Penguin got banned by Matt, he did the EXACT same thing for several days. I suppose it was that same person with the grudge back then too.

Your other defense is weak. You've never seen him insult people except those times in those threads where he insulted people. Mmmm-kay.

Maybe he is a personal friend of yours, and if so, tell him to grow up. Don't reflexively defend someone who is acting like a child, with equally fantastic theories of who could be impersonating him at his hour of dire peril.

Well we know that if matt got annoyed enough he would delete an account permanently.

And yes perhaps his record isnt spotless, neither is mine when it comes to the forum. And mine was worse then the420pengiun's little petty things. I still have my first and original account on the forum.

I wasnt here for however many times he has gotten banned or not. (I was in V mode for a few months, most people thought I had quit)

Your attack is pointless, I've seen him tell pton to (yeah I am not repeating that), but to anyone else it was pretty much in a thread labeled "terrorists" or some other dangerous topic where everyone risks flamewars. He did try to keep arguments (logical not civil) in rational form. And he would insult people not following a logical argument. I know I was in one of the threads.

Not so fantastic when it is true. Listed arguement will be at the bottem.
Quote from: "Callum roberts"
Quote from: "LunarAvenger"
there was a thread somewhere calling darkset something nasty, and there are a few posts the weren't deleted here and there... but it didnt seem like pengi to me.
If it wasn't pengy I'm sure he would have had someone say by now

Actually...
this of all things should be proof enough

i never once asked to be in your interviews.

if people cant tell me from the other people posting.. i guess i cant do anything to show them

That count? What about me?
Quote from: "Bravicus"
these recent accounts were the 420 penguin.  I suspect darkset pm'ed him and more or less told him to shut up and then pengy said what he said about dark.

But yeah the 420roadrunner was pengy and there may have been one or two copycats but all the posts fit his style.

Darkset wanna confirm that? Otherwise I am going to ignore Bravicus as talking out of his... for the first part.

Quote from: "dictionary"
Noun
    * S: (n) copycat, imitator, emulator, ape, aper (someone who copies the words or behavior of another)
Of course someone would imitate him, but the bad aspects. Pengy doesnt set off to get his accounts on the forum banned. This is a distinction. An important one too.

Quote from: "Master"
Pengy told me on skype that deer is him as well as the posts match his vocabulary and sentence structure. The other account could very well be fakes though.

Vocabulary: You mean he speaks English and uses a spell checker?

Quote from: "Athena"
Quote from: "the420beaver"
do I get a special part in the second interveiw?

Only if Matt wants that, but Penguin, Honey, you have gone past being cute and thought-provoking and into the realm of pesky and annoying.

That is sad really.
Maybe it is time to go back to the Mafia Boss forum, your groupies can follow you there, and the adults can stay here and have discussions.

if people cant tell me from the other people posting.. i guess i cant do anything to show them

Pengy doesn't want an interview.
The threads last night weren't provocative, they were everything possible to get banned.

Is he IP banned yet?

Quote from: "2$Bill"
Quote from: "Callum roberts"
he was going off of his cell phone which has a rotating IP address.  That was how he got around it the first time.

Or just using an internet proxy... there are like 50 thousand of them. Which still means it could be anyone who hates him.
I don't know anyone around here who hates him. Just plenty who are annoyed by his juvenile antics.

Obviously someone does... :(

Quote from: "2$Bill"
he admitted in the past that he used his cell phone to make the proxy.

Common knowledge, now if you had access to idk this site?
Punch in the word Proxy into Goggle and this is top pick... A few thousand proxies.
http://proxy.org/

Quote from: "the420beaver"
hmmm i take it back, f**k you. I dont wanna help you anymore.
Quote from: "the420panther"
DOUBLE POST?? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Intentional, trying to get banned.
Difference? This would serve Pengy no purpose, and only get him in trouble.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone can register with the420animalname (before today)
-After the extreme account was suspended, I saw an account "the420loses" this is not in pattern of the animals. It sounds more like someone trying to gloat.
-This all happened before the new registration rules.

Actual proof that it was him?
a.The name? See above.

b.The style, I argue that it wasn't his style.
b1. Pengy doesnt set off to get his accounts on the forum banned. A distinction.
b2. Negative aspects displayed last night: random links to videos, insulting the active admin (pton), insulting random players, insulting the CEO, double posting... etc. Pointless, not his style. Posting controversy? more in style with Pengy.
b3. It seems that a lot of posts were malicious, pengy isnt malicious... perhaps controversial, but not malicious.

c. Rotating IPAddresses? Please that isnt evidence.
c1. 50 thousand free web proxy sites, anyone can imitate pengy with a different IPaddresses.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ummmm, so this person waited all this time till the very day Penguin gets perma-banned, and then sets out on a crusade to discredit Penguin, but didn't do this before now. And this person sees fit to do it after the perma-ban, thus making this whole strategem completely pointless. Nice theory.

Quote from: "I reply"
It is actually, do something a little out of line "as pengiun" and then discredit him completely.
Step 1. Get him banned, say by pissing off matt and pton.
Step 2. Keep annoying them, as long as possible. (which was until the new account rules were added)

Result 1. Forum ban = no self defense.
Result 2. In extreme ban? Oh joy.
Result 3. Discredit Pengy = no self defense possible.
Side result 1. New account rules = no defense ever.

Seems to be working perfectly.
I will be back in a few hours to see what gets posted here.
For a final note, He said it wasn't him. I believe him.

« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
I'm Ancient
Disciple of the ZPM, occe Leader of the Empire, and designer of various ships that were added.

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
Re: The420Pengiun
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 10:58:51 AM »
he could of gotten some bad weed, or tried other drugs. true we don't know.
i really don't care but his in game account in x is banned so hmmm... we need more details.  8-)

Offline Rohi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 11:21:28 AM »
I am not here to judge anyone nor do I feel the need to ask 420Penguin to grow up!

But some observations if I may

On the whole I have found the 420Penguin to be harmless in what he has had to say on the forums.

Sometimes his logic escapes me

He has also in his own inimitable style:

helped many
Annoyed as many and
frustrated as many and
pissed off quite a few.

I have NOT read EVERY post of his but if he insulted P'ton it was not very wise. I am sure P'ton AND Laggy before P'ton tolerated a  lot of Penguin's antics as they themselves no doubt thought it on the whole harmless BUT somewhere along the line it becomes just too much and maybe this time it was just that too much. Hence the perma ban IF he has been perma banned.

I am NOT privy to what goes on behind the scenes -as in what conversations have been had by the MODS and Matt with 420Penguin - but I am guessing there have been quite a few.

From what I have read on the Message Board I have noticed that Athena has been quite tolerant of 420Penguin but it seems she too had had enough of him this time.

Maybe just maybe he needs to take heed this time once and for all.

Personally I thank 420Penguin for all the good he has done and I choose to not let him get under my skin. When he posts some rambling diatribe I read some of it then I move on without feeling the need to comment on that particular post. I feel that if we choose to ignore those posts that we consider silly then we don't give him the audience he might be seeking.

That said any MOD has a right to delete threads that only clutter a message board.

BUT what I also see is a lack of consistency in how some people who post on the Message Boards are dealt with.

There are one or two others who IMHO have gone overboard in what they have posted and they are being very provacative and seemingly issuing a challenge to the MODS.

I used to be a Moderator of a message board and I can tell you we would have perma banned these people by now and it is as likely that we would have dealt with 420penguin a bit differently but if he had insulted a MOD then it is likely he would have been banned also.

We also NEVER allowed ANYONE to create multiple identities.

We used a Message Board very similar to this but we as MODS were able to it would seem have more safeguards than are implemented here so users could not repeatedly change their names as some seem to be doing here.

IF a user requested we could allow them to change their name and that would happen on exceptional circumstances.

Offline Bravicus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 02:05:10 PM »
Darkset wanna confirm that? Otherwise I am going to ignore Bravicus as talking out of his... for the first part.

Thanks for having so much confidence in me.  And yeah more or less what I said is what happened according to dark.  Here is a small part of our skype convo last night:

[11/8/2010 5:58:13 PM] Brav: also why did pengy flip out at you?
[11/8/2010 5:58:38 PM] Darkset: i told him he was acting like a child and he needed to get a life and grow up

As for whether or not pengy may or may not have had some copycats, here is something pengy said on skype:

[11/8/2010 2:31:27 PM] The420Penguin: they arnt all mine
[11/8/2010 2:31:36 PM] The420Penguin: i think its two other people
[11/8/2010 2:31:39 PM] The420Penguin: maybe its just one
[11/8/2010 2:34:38 PM] The420Penguin: w/e
[11/8/2010 2:34:44 PM] The420Penguin: its out of hand at this point

Of course before that he also said this right after he had made his thread in which he went on an anti-pton tirade with the 420roadrunner account.

[11/8/2010 11:15:37 AM] The420Penguin: hey
[11/8/2010 11:15:41 AM] The420Penguin: someone go post on my pton thread
[11/8/2010 11:15:44 AM] The420Penguin: so he cant delete it
[11/8/2010 11:15:55 AM] The420Penguin: well he can but not as easily
Everything I say is likely a couple of years out of date

Offline Phil Sutherland

• View Profile
    • http://www.example.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 02:27:52 PM »
So it wasnt all him. Hmm I wonder if BFG will unban him ingame.
[/b] [/b][/b] [/b] [size=150]#26

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 02:28:54 PM »
only thing I'm going to comment on, sorry Lunar but I happen to know for a fact that pengy has, and does insult pton and matt, and random players, and he can be malicious at times....I've seen it on his original account as well as some of the newer ones....such as the420deer
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 02:46:26 PM »
Penguin has had too many chances on these boards regardless, he was PERMABANNED once, and used proxies to get through, again violating the rules. He won't be returning to the public forums anytime soon, we found a way to keep him out, like he was suppose to be MONTHS ago. He lost all credibility long ago.

As for his in-game account, does not matter to me. He can play all he wants if hes not here causing trouble. But thats not my decision.
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline Bizmuth Helm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 02:47:55 PM »
I have to admit I thought it was silly of penguin to keep with the 420someanimal pattern, unless it was simply to taunt the mods, however the concept of impersonating him causes me to broaden my perspective not only toward him but to human nature in general. Whatever your opinion of pengy (I find him provocative and thats a good thing) Impersonating him (or trying to) Imo is just pathetic. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Rushing to judgement, of this I am guilty.

BH

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 02:58:38 PM »
Also, if there was an imitator, i did not receive one PM from Penguin saying anything of that sort. Just the usual spam.

Common sense tells me the first thing i'd do if someone was imitating me was to get out that it was actually happening to the mods..
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 03:30:20 PM »
You are supporting your pre-formed conclusion with theories. The very thing you accuse every other person of in this thread.

If (and it's a big if) a couple people dog piled AFTER Matt banned him, and that is the best argument you could possibly make here, so what? He had already gotten banned many times (long ago many times, and now many times) and gone on a tirade of multiple forum accounts at that point. If someone after all that created "penguin420loses" or whatever it was, so what? Yawn.

If your best point is that not all of them are his, then wake me when you have a better point.

I also don't put a lot of stock in character witnesses in online forums where people are at best casual acquaintances. Especially when the witness admits to being absent the last time the person they are vouching for acted up.
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Offline Kip Shiller

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 04:27:21 PM »
i dont think ppl should be punished in-game for something that happens on the forums. its kinda ridiculous, and reasonable doubt has been put in my head. if i was on the jury i wouldnt vote guilty.

Offline poeticmotion

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 04:32:48 PM »
His behavior toward BFG has been such that I can't blame BFG for banning him from their playground. If he's spent money on the game, I might support his asking for a refund, but I can't blame BFG for banning him.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 04:43:46 PM by poeticmotion »
Uni2-PoeticMotion[ODB] Peak rank 24 peak DSP rank 9 ***RETIRED FROM SFC***

Offline Satok

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 04:38:12 PM »
Sometimes I found him rather annoying. His intentional need to pick apart a sentence, ignoring the meaning, would get on my nerves. It was not about logic, but about nit-picking. I also found him intelligent and interesting. In the grand scheme I found him to be more damaging then positive to this forum and its intent.

That being said, he brought this problem on himself, imitators or not. He was a known/admitted forum multi-accounter, breaking the rules and flaunting it. You cannot make multiple accounts then get upset when you get blamed for copy-cats. I have never had more than one forum account, so tomorrow if a Satok2 started posting nasty comments, no one has reason to believe it may be me.
Satok de\'Tampa

Offline Bravicus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 04:42:32 PM »
Okay pengy asked me to clarify one of the skype quotations I refferenced:
Quote from: "Bravicus"
Of course before that he also said this right after he had made his thread in which he went on an anti-pton tirade with the 420roadrunner account.

[11/8/2010 11:15:37 AM] The420Penguin: hey
[11/8/2010 11:15:41 AM] The420Penguin: someone go post on my pton thread
[11/8/2010 11:15:44 AM] The420Penguin: so he cant delete it
[11/8/2010 11:15:55 AM] The420Penguin: well he can but not as easily

He wanted me to make sure people did not misread that.  Pengy had asked some of us to post on his pton thread to make it a little more difficult to delete.  He was not asking anybody to make fake accounts.  If anybody thought that.
Everything I say is likely a couple of years out of date

Offline Victor Doom

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 05:03:59 PM »
:evil: There's also a chance that pengy might have real psychological problems... He's probably someone who needs medication and gets out of control when he stops taking them..  Just watching his behavior on the boards it really wouldn't surprise me if that's the case... because he does seem to do alright there for awhile and then has these weird fits of uncontrolled rage, and weird behavior.. He seems intelligent when calm.. Just has issues.. Personally I have nothing against him and I hope that if this is the case he does what the doctors tell him to do, take his medication, and try to stay out of real trouble..
"Meeting me might have been the most devastating and traumatic focal point of your entire life... For me... It was Tuesday..."