Author Topic: Moros class "fighter"? Not really.  (Read 578 times)

Offline LunarAvenger

• Your flesh shall be sutured into the orthodoxy!
    • View Profile
Moros class "fighter"? Not really.
« on: November 30, 2012, 06:16:16 PM »
Hey there BFG,

Been playing for awhile, and I noticed something extremely misleading... the Moros class "fighter" has a base hull of 4,500 and a speed of 7,500. Now the problem is, that the Moros is in no way a "fighter", it is an assault-cruiser or battle-cruiser. It is slow, heavily armored, and with a lot of big nasty guns.

To back up my point I humbly point out that the Poseidon is a "cruiser", has base 2700 hull, and goes twice the speed of the moros "fighter" (and indeed the other fighters as well)

Personally with this new class, the Poseidon looks more like a frigate (Hercules anyone?), but that isn't the point, cruisers are bigger then frigates and fighters. And the Moros is bigger then the only cruiser class ship currently in the game.

So, long story short, can we rename it to the Moros class Assault-cruiser or Moros class battle-cruiser? It is silly to call it a "fighter".

I'm Ancient
Disciple of the ZPM, occe Leader of the Empire, and designer of various ships that were added.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: Moros class "fighter"? Not really.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 06:30:07 PM »
The Moros, when designed, was named the Moros Battleship. The name appears to have been added to the game incorrectly. We'll change it if we have time, but it's not a critical issue.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline LunarAvenger

• Your flesh shall be sutured into the orthodoxy!
    • View Profile
Re: Moros class "fighter"? Not really.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 07:03:22 PM »
Can't we have an assaultcruiser? Would be cooler!
I'm Ancient
Disciple of the ZPM, occe Leader of the Empire, and designer of various ships that were added.