Author Topic: Triton recycler: Harvest report  (Read 5272 times)

Offline Ymerodraeth

• View Profile
Triton recycler: Harvest report
« on: December 24, 2013, 04:58:32 PM »
So, I brought myself enough techs to unlock the Triton as a Christmas pressie to myself (sad I know) lol
Anyway, long story short, this is what the report looks like after you've recycled a ship.

The attacking side acquired 138,958 ore, 422,364 crystal, and 253,384 hydrogen.
The attacking side also acquired 14,763 Eradeon.

Ymerodraeth (ATTACKER) lost 0 RSP and gained 0 DSP. (more)
Urcath (DEFENDER) lost 891 RSP and gained 0 DSP. (more)

You salvaged some ships. (less)
 x1(Moros)

170,100 ore and 94,200 crystal are now floating at this location.

See more...
Delete

I'm unsure as to anything further at the moment,the lowest amount I've sent to successfully recycle a ship at the moment is 76tritons.

We shall see!

Offline epimedes2

• View Profile
Re: Triton recycler: Harvest report
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 07:02:01 PM »
The percentage chance of capturing a ship (is it 1%?) is pretty woeful! I think bfg should up it to at least 5%.

Offline Ymerodraeth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 09:43:20 PM »
At the moment they are definitely not worth the time or investment unlocking them. Will be a long time to recover investment at 1ship per 100recyclers!

kru

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 10:00:23 PM »
Will be a long time to recover investment at 1ship per 100recyclers!

how do you work that out? you will never have a 100% successful chance of capturing a ships no matter how many tritons you have lol.

it is 1% per ship, so even 100 ships still only means 100 1% chances and because the percentile chance isn't addative it will always be 1%.

In fact, there is always the chance that if you send 100 tritons you could/can capture any number of ships between 0 and 100

Offline Azureflames

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 11:01:19 PM »
how do you work that out? you will never have a 100% successful chance of capturing a ships no matter how many tritons you have lol.

it is 1% per ship, so even 100 ships still only means 100 1% chances and because the percentile chance isn't addative it will always be 1%.

In fact, there is always the chance that if you send 100 tritons you could/can capture any number of ships between 0 and 100

He's describing a rate. 1 per 100 is accurate over time.

Offline stevie ray vaughn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 01:03:57 AM »
At the moment they are definitely not worth the time or investment unlocking them. Will be a long time to recover investment at 1ship per 100recyclers!
I would consider them worth the investment, stealing a ship or multiple may not seem like its saving much, but when stealing the larger ships, especially alien ones are worth the time, that one morose saved him 20 min on his territory

Offline Ymerodraeth

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 09:08:12 PM »
At this point in time tritons are not in effect against other players! Using them will cause your attacks to hang indefinitely

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 09:16:19 PM »
I just started wondering, if a triton is able to salvage any destroyed ship from a battle, does that make it able to salvage a heph, because of it could, in theory you would be able to maintain more than one heph

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 09:40:53 PM »
I just started wondering, if a triton is able to salvage any destroyed ship from a battle, does that make it able to salvage a heph, because of it could, in theory you would be able to maintain more than one heph

That's already been addressed.  Hephas are specifically excluded from Triton recovery.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 05:54:30 AM »
Wasn't sure or not, how unfortunate, running a heph in each system would be fun

Offline LunarAvenger

• Your flesh shall be sutured into the orthodoxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 04:01:56 AM »
Just imagine stealing a heph... xD
I'm Ancient
Disciple of the ZPM, occe Leader of the Empire, and designer of various ships that were added.

Offline Tal-Khoraash

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 06:43:43 AM »
BFG should make stealing a Heph by a Triton open to players with no current Heph nor any in the build queue. Imagine that! That would make things more fun and competitive in the future.
'Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed.'
Sun Tzu - Art of War

9 straight years of playing in Original with no break, fin!

Former First Rigellian of SFCO RgC
Rigellian Compact (RgC)

Offline Ymerodraeth

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 12:25:00 PM »
BFG still havnt fixed the bug with tritons... You still can't steal a players ships. You can steal NPC ships but not those from a player! What a waste of time!

Offline FEAR.WEAVER

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 11:12:49 PM »
Ok wasnt going to but what the hell lol

I too have triton i rushed to build 100 had a go got nothing thought crap move on to next ship ....

However got talking to a friend with a bit more staying power so here it is after a bit of messing about..

%1 thats 1 in every 100 ok

so just over 100 tritons will get you 1 ship
over 1000 will get you 10
over 10000 will get you 100 and ...

over 100000 will get you 1000 so no %1 isnt too small when the game matures it could be a hell of a lot of ships free each time the triton runs on warp its slow but can still hit in 20 mins so not too slow and being warp can be improved imagine 10 attacks a day draging in 1000 ships each time ...

so what about the hit with 76 was it ? well yes possible theres a like %25 percent ish chance it wont work but possible i sent 660 and got 7 ships so yes theres a chance to beat the odds me and my buddie think it may also depend a little on the fleet you hits size but were a long way off getting it down to a perfect percent i hope this helps the lower rank players a little on decisions on triton i myself can see them takeing a big part of fleet sizes in this game if they ever get the bugs sorted that come with them .

Offline Hank77

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 01:30:58 PM »
Can someone show me how to train up my Triton crew to salvage other than the fodder ships?   :)
What I mostly get with my Tritons are Empusa/ Artemis/ Atlases/ Apollos/ etc.  Once in a while I do salvage the odd capital ship.  But it is a rarity!

Can BFG loosen up the parameters for these, so that say 1 in 10 of the salvaged ships is a capital ship instead of almost always the fodder?