Starfleet Commander Forum

Starfleet Commander => Universe 2 => Alliances => Topic started by: SGS 6 on November 24, 2010, 06:26:38 PM

Title: Shadows - Recruiting
Post by: SGS 6 on November 24, 2010, 06:26:38 PM
The Shadows are a collective of experienced Uni 1 players from a variety of alliances. We exist for the collective benefit of our members.

We are aggressive, but recognize that in some cases diplomacy is preferable to bloodshed. (Hence, we have a very limited number of NAPs.) All play styles are acceptable, including those who need to be in d-mode for real-life reasons.

We believe that all members are competent equals, and therefore our leadership and officers exist only to manage the alliance itself, not to issue directives or commands.

We are currently accepting all applicants, and our alliance has been ranked in the top 20 continuously since the universe began. (As I write this, we are #8 overall and in fleet points, #9 in RSP and DSP.) A link to our Wiki page may be found in my signature.

We also have an active chat group, a mobile hunting group, and a "homeland" protected by six moons (some equipped with Oracles up to level 5).

Newer players/accounts are welcome as well as the established. Some of our officers and members are very helpful in learning the game, including the core of a semi-training alliance from Uni 1.
Title: Re: Shadows - Recruiting
Post by: 2$Bill on November 24, 2010, 07:41:19 PM
may i join
Title: Re: Shadows - Recruiting
Post by: SGS 6 on November 25, 2010, 04:47:27 AM
You are welcome to apply if you so desire. As is anyone.
Title: Re: Shadows - Recruiting
Post by: 2$Bill on November 25, 2010, 06:21:50 AM
what if I am a member of a secret alliance hell bent on jihad?
Title: Re: Shadows - Recruiting
Post by: Azure on December 02, 2010, 06:55:25 AM
Quote from: "2$Bill"
what if I am a member of a secret alliance hell bent on jihad?

What's a better way to smite the infidels than joining an "aggressive" group of non-jihadists? Their will can be bent to yours  :twisted:
Title: Re: Shadows - Recruiting
Post by: Clone on December 02, 2010, 07:07:57 AM
Quote from: "2$Bill"
what if I am a member of a secret alliance hell bent on jihad?


LMFAO
Title: Re: Shadows - Recruiting
Post by: SGS 6 on December 03, 2010, 06:04:18 PM
As I told 2$Bill (prvately) ... still welcome. Our only goal is our own mutual improvement, and the mutual protection and support inherent in an active alliance that works as a team. We don't have some overarching strategy like "dominating the universe" or "being #1 on the leaderboards". (Although we've been in the top 20 forever, and top 10 since the volatility in the leaderboards settled down several weeks ago. But that just comes from having a relatively large core of dedicated players.)

If he wants to work toward that in the name of his jihad, fine. If anyone else wants to join us, for watever personal reasons, that's fine too. Even if it's just to learn from our more experienced members.
Title: Re: Shadows - Recruiting
Post by: 2$Bill on December 03, 2010, 06:15:49 PM
I have been forced to abandon my goal of converting uni2 to islam as I was told the joke's old.  My new goal involves something less spectacular now.
Title: Re: Shadows - Recruiting
Post by: Tal-Khoraash on December 04, 2010, 11:24:09 AM
I'm sure it involves hookers somehow, likely dead midget ones. It is all part of your plan, isn't it. :lol:
Title: Re: Shadows - Recruiting
Post by: 2$Bill on December 06, 2010, 03:52:03 PM
What could possibly be more spectacular than that?
Title: Re: Shadows - Recruiting
Post by: Mona Stangley on December 06, 2010, 04:15:07 PM
also from what I hear at least 200 charons in Uni2 as well....... :twisted:

Quote from: "Tal-Khoraash"
I'm sure it involves hookers somehow, likely dead midget ones. It is all part of your plan, isn't it. :lol:
Title: Re: Shadows - Recruiting
Post by: kdinla on January 24, 2011, 11:27:23 PM
Hi there,

I'm a real noob... just started and have my first colonized planet.  And to be frank, I'm starting to get a little lost in the nuance of the game.  I have no idea if I'm pursuing a good strategy or not.  In strategy games I like to follow the rules of Sun Tsu and seek prosperity - - with a capacity for defense.

Let me know if this is acceptable to you.  Presently I'm in "D" mode... and hating the impact on my economy.  

Cheers!
Title: Re: Shadows - Recruiting
Post by: SGS 6 on January 25, 2011, 03:32:55 PM
Quote from: "kdinla"
Hi there,

I'm a real noob... just started and have my first colonized planet.  And to be frank, I'm starting to get a little lost in the nuance of the game.  I have no idea if I'm pursuing a good strategy or not.  In strategy games I like to follow the rules of Sun Tsu and seek prosperity - - with a capacity for defense.

Let me know if this is acceptable to you.  Presently I'm in "D" mode... and hating the impact on my economy.  

Cheers!

We accept all kinds of players. And several of our members were previously, or are, officers of a "training" alliance in Uni 1. So... yes. And we should be able to help.
Title: Re: Shadows - Recruiting
Post by: SGS 6 on March 10, 2011, 05:08:05 PM
As always, Shadows is still open to new members; newbies as well as the experienced are welcome.

We are now the #6 alliance in Overall rankings, #7 in RSP, and #5-#8 in all other categories. We're already represented in most of the inner galaxies, especially G2, G5, and G7.

We don't have many NAPs to limit your hunting (just two, both with rather small alliances), and we don't have any current WARs that you'd be dragging yourself into.
Title: Re: Shadows - Recruiting
Post by: cupAsoup on September 16, 2011, 08:41:55 PM
Hello.

SGS 6, you've been kind and helpful on enough of some of my noob posts, so I figured i would post and see what I might be able to offer (if anything).

I just started a week ago and I've already logged countless hours in the game. I think i'm far enough to realize 2 things...

1. I am hopelessly addicted

2. I will probably need some help

let me know what it is you require for membership/hazing/vetting to join your group if possible.

Thanks.
Title: Re: Shadows - Recruiting
Post by: SGS 6 on September 19, 2011, 03:02:53 PM
Quote from: "cupAsoup"
Hello.

SGS 6, you've been kind and helpful on enough of some of my noob posts, so I figured i would post and see what I might be able to offer (if anything).

I just started a week ago and I've already logged countless hours in the game. I think i'm far enough to realize 2 things...

1. I am hopelessly addicted

2. I will probably need some help

let me know what it is you require for membership/hazing/vetting to join your group if possible.

Thanks.

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner. You should message me in-game; that will make things smoother. (Our tag is "Shadows" and I'm the leader; pretty simple.)