contact
April 18, 2019, 08:37:53 PM

Author Topic: Inactives everywhere  (Read 3115 times)

Offline Andrej Atanasoski

• View Profile
Re: Inactives everywhere
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 09:25:48 PM »
Quote from: "andy nard1"
Why people is whining about false accounts or accounts of friends? Complain to BFG about such stupid rule that every friend invited is worth 25,000 credits (yes that's the price of a basic Android).
Their business model is flawed, to get people playing they are just twisting and distorting the game, there should be no reward for inviting friends, since has been proven over and over that are either fake accounts or people that will never play.
Is fair that players have thousands of crew points, BFG could fix it very easily, once a invited player goes poof...also the crew goes poof...or stop that BS of 4% extra production given for inviting ghosts to the game

End of rant

i disagree. this is used in almost all games i know about. you gain something from every friend you have invited, no matter if he stays or not. this is the best advertisement BFG (and all other game developers) gets for free. and even if only 1-2 of the friends i invited stay in the game, then it will be good for me, and BFG too - i get a fiend to play with, they get an active player and potential customer that will pay for credits, and he will probably invite another 200 people to be in his crew, and 1-2 of them will stay in the game, and they do the same again, and again, and again....
if you cant afford to pay for an android, they give you a chance to get that android for free, but they get potential active player  - its a win/win situation, so i dont see why it should be removed.
and i dont think anyone here was whining about false accounts? who did that? everyone just said that most of the accounts are false accounts, or accounts created by friends to help others, and this is not whinning, its just stating a fact. and it is a positive thing in the game.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 09:26:55 PM »
Quote from: "the enforcer"
Quote from: "andy nard1"
Why people is whining about false accounts or accounts of friends? Complain to BFG about such stupid rule that every friend invited is worth 25,000 credits (yes that's the price of a basic Android).
Their business model is flawed, to get people playing they are just twisting and distorting the game, there should be no reward for inviting friends, since has been proven over and over that are either fake accounts or people that will never play.
Is fair that players have thousands of crew points, BFG could fix it very easily, once a invited player goes poof...also the crew goes poof...or stop that BS of 4% extra production given for inviting ghosts to the game

End of rant

+1

and -1000 for your +1 (see the explanation in the post above)
:)

Offline Zov

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 01:40:35 AM »
Because this is a strategy game, not a popularity contest. The top ranked players should be the best and most active players, not the ones that have the most friends to pester to join, devise schemes to do advertising, cheat, or drop hundreds of dollars to gain a huge, unfair advantage.

Offline Victor Doom

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 02:29:12 AM »
:evil: A large army of human crew members gives players a HUGE advantage in production... it's how some of the top players get these huge mines/fleets right out of the starting gate.. An army of human workers gives you about a +40% advantage over those using regular droids in thier mines...
 Their are probably 1000's of ghost accounts that were created to fill the human worker coffers of our less then honest players out there..  
 +1000 to getting rid of human workers.. come up with something else to attract newer players...
"Meeting me might have been the most devastating and traumatic focal point of your entire life... For me... It was Tuesday..."

Offline Victor Doom

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 02:36:08 AM »
:evil: Sidenote... if you want a good example of some of our less then honest players... look at the top 100 for crew points in Extreme uni 1...  :twisted:
"Meeting me might have been the most devastating and traumatic focal point of your entire life... For me... It was Tuesday..."

Offline Tsza

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 02:40:33 AM »
Why not just make the Human Crew worth 2% just like driods, but can be used anywhere.  Still get the advertising, but not as much of an advantage for people with lots of them.  Not having to pay for them is the only advantage.

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 02:58:13 AM »
Quote from: "Victor Doom"
:evil: A large army of human crew members gives players a HUGE advantage in production... it's how some of the top players get these huge mines/fleets right out of the starting gate.. An army of human workers gives you about a +40% advantage over those using regular droids in thier mines...
 Their are probably 1000's of ghost accounts that were created to fill the human worker coffers of our less then honest players out there..  
 +1000 to getting rid of human workers.. come up with something else to attract newer players...

40%? what did you had at maths at school? :)

it only gives 2% more than a droid. droid gives +2% on the base production, human +4%, which is +2+2, so it is less than 2% advantage over the droid bonus because it is counted on the base production. it gives about 19% more at level 27 mines, in the begining, the advantage is about 5-10% only.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 03:03:19 AM »
and on the side note, it gives some fair advantage to those that dont pay for the game, to get a free geologist by inviting people in the game. saying to remove the free extras in the game and leave those available with money gives a HUGE advantage to those that pay, and will leave only those who pay in the top 100 and make all the rest quit the game because they cant keep up.

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 03:10:44 AM »
Quote from: "Tsza"
Why not just make the Human Crew worth 2% just like driods, but can be used anywhere.  Still get the advertising, but not as much of an advantage for people with lots of them.  Not having to pay for them is the only advantage.

note having to pay 3k ore and 1k crystal is the only advantage? is this really advantage, or a joke? :) do you think anyone will ever bother to invite people to get 3k ore and 1k crystal, even in the early stage of the game?

Offline Zov

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 03:28:19 AM »
Quote from: "Andrej Atanasoski"

it only gives 2% more than a droid. droid gives +2% on the base production, human +4%, which is +2+2, so it is less than 2% advantage over the droid bonus because it is counted on the base production. it gives about 19% more at level 27 mines, in the begining, the advantage is about 5-10% only.

It amuses me that you comment on his math then approximate an odd % for increases of 2%

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2010, 03:46:58 AM »
Quote from: "Zov"

It amuses me that you comment on his math then approximate an odd % for increases of 2%

and whats wrong there? correct me if im wrong, but at level 27 mines (10 workers alowed), you get 20% base bonus from regular droids, so 120%. with humans, you get 140%. 140% compared to 120% is not 40% more, but its less than 20% advantage, so i just said 19% without going into details to get the correct numbers. on lower mine levels, you have less advantage, example: level 3 mine gives 100% resourses, level 3 with 2 droids gives 104%, level 3 with 2 humans gives 108%, which is less than 4% bonus over the droids.

Offline Zov

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2010, 04:00:11 AM »
Ah, yeah that's what I get for skimming. The way you worded it in context makes sense, sorry.

Offline Zov

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2010, 04:02:42 AM »
But eventually most people will get to 30+'s in uni2/x2, and ~20% on every mine permanently is huge..

Offline Aberrant72

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2010, 06:15:58 AM »
Yeah after I saw the wack load of inactives I shot my fleet out to be destroyed and called it a day. I went from 5K to 400 and in a few days,nice jump dropped down to the 30 rank area for DSP, all good but when the targets are sparse what's the point, ahh well..

Cheers all..
MEAN -adjective,-er,-est.Offensive,Selfish, or unaccommodating; nasty; malicious: OLD-adjective, older, oldest or elder,eldest, far advanced in the years of one's or its life,BASTARD bastard Slang,a vicious,despicable,or thoroughly disliked person

Offline Victor Doom

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2010, 06:46:37 AM »

:twisted: I did a rough guesstimate in my head.. obviously the math wizards corrected me in this... even a 20% boost is a huge advantage, especially coupled with a geologist... I'm Going to use rough math again and say you use regular workers and produce 7 mil ore/3.5 mil cry/2 mil hydro per day... a 20% boost turns that to 8.4 mil ore/4.2mil cry/2.4 mil hydro per day... Over a period of time it's almost impossible to keep up with this kind of production... If it wasn't such an advantage the top 100 crew people wouldn't be doing it...

birthmark-ant