contact
October 24, 2019, 02:49:08 AM

Author Topic: Inactives everywhere  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Andrej Atanasoski

• View Profile
Re: Inactives everywhere
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2010, 06:14:51 PM »
Quote from: "Victor Doom"
Quote from: "Andrej Atanasoski"
Quote from: "Victor Doom"
:evil: A large army of human crew members gives players a HUGE advantage in production... it's how some of the top players get these huge mines/fleets right out of the starting gate.. An army of human workers gives you about a +40% advantage over those using regular droids in thier mines...
 Their are probably 1000's of ghost accounts that were created to fill the human worker coffers of our less then honest players out there..  
 +1000 to getting rid of human workers.. come up with something else to attract newer players...

40%? what did you had at maths at school? :)

it only gives 2% more than a droid. droid gives +2% on the base production, human +4%, which is +2+2, so it is less than 2% advantage over the droid bonus because it is counted on the base production. it gives about 19% more at level 27 mines, in the begining, the advantage is about 5-10% only.
 :twisted: I did a rough guesstimate in my head.. obviously the math wizards corrected me in this... even a 20% boost is a huge advantage, especially coupled with a geologist... I'm Going to use rough math again and say you use regular workers and produce 7 mil ore/3.5 mil cry/2 mil hydro per day... a 20% boost turns that to 8.4 mil ore/4.2mil cry/2.4 mil hydro per day... Over a period of time it's almost impossible to keep up with this kind of production... If it wasn't such an advantage the top 100 crew people wouldn't be doing it...

it is an advantage, but its bigger advantage at higher levels, at the begining, its only a small percent. when your mines are at level 60-70, you can have 40% boost over the droids :)
and yes, it is worth, having humans in your mines at level 20 mines is same as if you have hired a geologist for free , more at higher levels. but those who pay will buy androids anyway, so this gives a chance to those who dont pay. and when the game goes to a level where people make 100-200-300mil DFs, do you really think this boost is that important?
and to everyone, dont forget this is a strategic game, so what more options you have, the more interesting it becomes.

ps. the math comment was a joke, dont take it personally, i know you said 40 without calculating :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2010, 07:44:38 PM »
for me in xo the difference with geo between droids and androids is 234m/162m/89m in the 3 months.

Offline Bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2010, 09:54:46 PM »
I dont think the incentive itself is the problem, I think the problem is BFGs inability to police it. I really think there are 100s of completely made up accounts created solely to get crew. Its a decent mechanic, and does probably bring in players, but its so easy to abuse, thats my issue anyway.
Brute Force, if its not working, you\'re just not using enough.

Remember kids, fleetsaving wastes Hydro!

Offline Aberrant72

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2010, 10:09:34 PM »
When BFG wonders why their games are declining than they will have an answer.
MEAN -adjective,-er,-est.Offensive,Selfish, or unaccommodating; nasty; malicious: OLD-adjective, older, oldest or elder,eldest, far advanced in the years of one's or its life,BASTARD bastard Slang,a vicious,despicable,or thoroughly disliked person

Offline Phil Sutherland

• View Profile
    • http://www.example.com/
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2010, 10:13:07 PM »
ive given up on them. I cant even get them to do the VERY simple things like get me the mine formula.
[/b] [/b][/b] [/b] [size=150]#26

Offline Boris Alden

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2010, 11:55:56 PM »
Do excuse me if I have missed something here...

I think I have read the whole forum post on this thread....

No one has come up with how....

The human crew aquired by people are not because they have 1000's of face book friends....

The have crew because they have put a link up and people click on it....  
This takes them to the facebook join page and if the person clicks next an account is created and you have one human crew.

Some people in India - Khzakstan etc may not read English well and may not create a unique name.

Some of these people will continue to play, and of course more will let the account go as they are bored.

So we have players advetising the game for BFG which gets those players human crew and better mine out put.

It is not because they have spent hours trying to make fake accounts and join as their own crew......

I was very suspicious at the start but know that Joshua Clavert and the others above me have aqiuired their crew in a legitimate fashion.
Boris Alden
tlhLngan qLj yo'

http://www.klingonblackfleet.co.uk

Offline Bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2010, 02:44:26 AM »
I wont refute that many play fair. But many dont, and there is no real mechanism to catch them.

Offline Bravicus

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2010, 02:52:37 AM »
A while back I ticketed BFG and suggested that upon the removal of the referred player from the database (35 days of inactivity or 7 days if they never built anything) that the human worker looses it's 4% bump of production and is lowered to a 2% bump.  This would remove a great deal of the incentive to create fake accounts.

Of course this was back in june and it remains the same so...
Everything I say is likely a couple of years out of date

Offline Bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2010, 04:10:46 AM »
Quote from: "Bravicus"
A while back I ticketed BFG and suggested that upon the removal of the referred player from the database (35 days of inactivity or 7 days if they never built anything) that the human worker looses it's 4% bump of production and is lowered to a 2% bump.  This would remove a great deal of the incentive to create fake accounts.

Of course this was back in june and it remains the same so...
Good idea.

Offline Boris Alden

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2010, 07:41:28 AM »
Yes but we are not saying people are creating fake accounts we are saying they are ADVERTISING....

That does not make a fake account....

How many web games have you tried and give up because it was not very good.....

Remember this comes from OGame and on there they have many Universes and it has been going longer.....
Boris Alden
tlhLngan qLj yo'

Offline Bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2010, 03:35:14 PM »
Are you saying people AREN'T making fake accounts Boris?

I realize that the recruitment feature does indeed help spread the word of the game, but my point is that its an abuseable mechanic, thats all. I am quite sure that many players are using it properly and what not, trying to get as many new players to join as possible, but the fake-account problem DOES exist. Figure out a way to diminish the impact of such cheating and I wont say another word.

Offline Boris Alden

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2010, 08:22:45 PM »
The fact that fake accounts may have been created is also a sad fact.

But little we can do until they are deleted.

Out of our hands really...
Boris Alden
tlhLngan qLj yo'

Offline darkset

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2010, 11:13:02 PM »
from the looks of it so far x2 is going to go the way of mafia boss and slowly die out

Offline Aberrant72

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2010, 05:43:51 AM »
Darkset I agree with 100% until BFG comes up with a better way to attract new players than I don't see why X2 will work if there are simply no players. Like I previously stated, I woke up one day and all I saw was a slew of inactives and I could read the writing on the wall, it already looked like Original does now. Sad but it's the truth well at least my perception of what I think is truth..

Cheers!
MEAN -adjective,-er,-est.Offensive,Selfish, or unaccommodating; nasty; malicious: OLD-adjective, older, oldest or elder,eldest, far advanced in the years of one's or its life,BASTARD bastard Slang,a vicious,despicable,or thoroughly disliked person

Offline Andrej Atanasoski

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2011, 08:10:35 PM »
about the fake accounts... well, if someone can make 500 fake accounts, then good for him. it takes a lot effort, and its very boring, and i would never do that (unless there is some script that would create accounts for you, but i doubt it). and the ones who had the nerves and time to do this , then they deserve that crew. and all those whining about that, go and try to create 500 fake accounts. i bet you will get bored at 10. whining about someone making fake accounts is like whinin why someone made a huge progress at the beggining of the game because he was running missions every 2 minutes.

birthmark-ant