contact
April 21, 2019, 12:48:11 AM

Author Topic: Lesson 1 - No Fleet Save = No Fleet...  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Boris Alden

• View Profile
Lesson 1 - No Fleet Save = No Fleet...
« on: December 29, 2010, 07:11:26 PM »
Deleted

by

Postee
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 10:03:15 PM by Boris Alden »
Boris Alden
tlhLngan qLj yo'

http://www.klingonblackfleet.co.uk

Lytjohan

Re: Lesson 1 - No Fleet Save = No Fleet...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 07:28:57 PM »
remember the rules for posting battles - you ought to know how to....
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Boris Alden

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 08:02:29 PM »
This has not been posted under battle reports.....

This has been posted as an example to people to fleet save.....
Boris Alden
tlhLngan qLj yo'

http://www.klingonblackfleet.co.uk

andy nard1

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 08:16:48 PM »
And than shall be locked and deleted, if you want to brag about about your hits comply with the rules otherwise do not post.

Offline bryn987

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 08:54:46 PM »
agreed.  Quit trying to back door a battle report in to avoid the rules  :lol:  :lol:
To be free, you must be exiled!

1/18/2010 - 10/22/2011
Players sent to d status/retirement - 32
Solo Zeus kills - 33
Solo Heph kills - 3
Moons given  -  31

Offline Bravicus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 08:59:41 PM »
just agreeing with what the others said, if you are posting about a battle, a df you caused, then it is a battle report regardless of where you post it and it should still follow the rules for a battle report.
Everything I say is likely a couple of years out of date

Offline Andrej Atanasoski

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 05:44:08 AM »
i disagree with everyone who replied in this thread, and i havent even read the first post, i just saw it, and its deleted :)

i guess Boris posted a battle report here, without printscreens, and he posted it here because he had a reason not to post it under Battle Reports - he didnt had printscreen for some reason (couldnt or didnt wanted to post a printscreen). those rules are for Battle Reports subforum, not for here. and then everyone had a go on him because of that? this is a free forum, everyone can post anything related to this universe, and the forums are used for fun and for debating. no wonder that this forum is dying faster than the game.
dude, send me the battle report in a PM, and feel free to not include a printscreen :)))

andy nard1

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 05:51:02 AM »
Andrej,

How you jump to conclusions without even knowing what was the original post?
There are rules for battle reports, and do not apply only to what is posted in the original thread, those rules are in to place to avoid exactly what Boris was trying to do, brag about a hit without providing the information about his fleet size...it was not a battle report, he just reported the ships destroyed. Frankly I do not care how many ships Boris destroys (unless are mine ships  8-) ), I do care to see a battle report.
Thus, next time, before jumping to conclusions, get the facts straight.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 06:01:47 AM »
Quote from: "andy nard1"
Andrej,

There are rules for battle reports, and do not apply only to what is posted in the original thread, those rules are in to place to avoid exactly what Boris was trying to do, brag about a hit without providing the information about his fleet size...it was not a battle report, he just reported the ships destroyed. Frankly I do not care how many ships Boris destroys (unless are mine ships  8-) ), I do care to see a battle report.

well thats why i posted, to find out what happened. i started my post with I GUESS....
but if its not posted in Battle Reports, then why to folow the rules for battle reports?
so i still dont know what was the original post, but even only the message : The attacking side aquired XXX resourses and XXX resourses are floating on this location is fine for me. it is still a battle and i would like to read about it. althought i do admit it is more interesting to see a full report with printscreens.

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 07:21:54 AM »
Quote from: "Andrej Atanasoski"
Andrej,

well thats why i posted, to find out what happened. i started my post with I GUESS....
but if its not posted in Battle Reports, then why to folow the rules for battle reports?
so i still dont know what was the original post, but even only the message : The attacking side aquired XXX resourses and XXX resourses are floating on this location is fine for me. it is still a battle and i would like to read about it. althought i do admit it is more interesting to see a full report with printscreens.

Personally, I have always been against some of the rules for posting battle reports. However, here are the rules:

When creating a battle report thread please follow the following formatting.

Please include this at the very top of the post above any discussion that may be included:

Attacker1[Alliance], Attacker2[Alliance] vs. Defender1[Alliance], Defender2[Alliance]... ect.

When posting a Battle Report, you must include:
The ingame names of all attackers and defenders.
Combat techs must either be given for both attackers and defenders or none at all [Only possible with converted battle reports].
The complete individual fleets of all attackers and defenders both before and after the battle [Final State] must be shown.
The resources captured and the debris field generated even if all are zero.
For both battles with more than 1 wave, the follow up waves can be shortened to just the resources captured and the debris field created.

When posting an IBM assault, you must include:
The ingame names of all attackers and defenders.
An espionage report before any IBMs had been fired and one after all IBMs have struck.
If you are the defender, you may post the IBM reports.
The total number of IBMs fired, who fired them, and their total cost.
The total damage done to the defender.

Some guidelines for battle report threads:
NO coordinates are to be posted under any circumstance.
Comments in threads are to remain constructive and on topic.
Comments in threads should not contain unrelated battle reports.

Threads that are posted after May 1st that do not follow these guidelines will be closed.

Discuss here.

Notice that nowhere does it say in the battle report forum. It just says when posting a battle report thread and when posting a battle report.
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

andy nard1

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 07:23:44 AM »
Andreaj,

You started with "I disagree"....not I guess...
There is no such rule that says that a battle report requires screen shots...read the relevant thread for more details.
Boris posted an attack and the ship lost by the defender, without posting his fleet or any other information.
To post a proper battle report requires quite some time what Boris did was to brag about his hit without doing any homework, basically was a meanlingess post. The reason why he deleted it is because he did not want to disclose is was and fleet...

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 08:01:28 AM »
and what im trying to say is, that sometimes you havent kept the battle report, accidently deleted, or maybe you just dont have enough time or knowledge to do all that, but you still want to brag about it, or maybe not even brag, just to open a discussion on the forums. and those rules are the main reason why we dont see more battle reports on the forum.

also, i do not see why anyone would like to hide his fleet at all. if not posted in a battle report, then it can be seen when probbed. what someone has is not a secret.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 08:09:24 AM »
@Sid
what you posted is copied from a thread made in Battle Reports subforum, so i guess its for the threads made there, otherwise, if it was for the whole forum, it would have been posted in the general rules.

@Andrea
i knew you will say that i started my thread with I DISAGREE... but i know you know what i meant.
dont make me to edit my post and change the order of my sentencies :)

andy nard1

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 09:13:03 AM »
@Andrej,

Now I know what you meant :lol:

Anyway I agreed with sid82, the rules apply forum wide.

Offline Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 04:02:32 PM »
And than shall be locked and deleted, if you want to brag about about your hits comply with the rules otherwise do not post.

Y do u continue to post in a thread tht u said should be locked and delted?  Cant you guys get over this and discuss something better?
"Lieutenant Bolic, decloak the ship on my mark and fire disruptors."
The warbird fired on the Pardek, destroying her with 4 torpedoes.

Dont F with us Romulans...