contact
October 23, 2019, 10:24:57 AM

Author Topic: A Conversation With #2 Joshua Calvert  (Read 3680 times)

Offline AKA Morat

• No more Mr. Nice but argumentative guy.
    • View Profile
A Conversation With #2 Joshua Calvert
« on: January 16, 2011, 01:15:53 PM »
Quick bit of background - I'm not playing this Uni seriously, just with the intention of nuking players that attack when I'm obviously online. My fleet consists of Hercs, Dios and 1 Pos per planet, virtually no defences.

JC had buddied me at my prompting about a week ago in order to GD against someone else (who recalled anyway). Free debris and DSP, what's not to like? A couple of days after that...

Joshua Calvert    Who are you?    2 days ago
To: Unsightly Blemish
i havnt got a clue who you are but your on my buddie list..

Joshua Calvert    your obviously on    2 days ago
but not answering the message i sent earlier...

Unsightly Blemish    re: your obviously on    2 days ago
To: Joshua Calvert
Jeez, just f-in delete me. It occur to you I may have more pressing concerns than immediately answering your message?

thats all it would have took, but you must have had a different name back then

Unsightly Blemish    In answer to your question...    2 days ago
...when you were last in the area about 3-4 days ago, you buddied me as I told you I had incoming and there was the possibility of a GD.

Unsightly Blemish    re: In answer to your question...    2 days ago
Ah, yes, my alliance was COLA (not the Uni1 one). Changed my alliance as I'm now firing nukes everywhere. Same player name.

Today I was watching Inception (seriously good movie), got a bit involved in it and forgot to check in for a while. When I came back, JC had blown up one of my studly cargo fleets and launched at a second one. I didn't try to hide my activity, just got ready to turn mines off and FRS at the last second. In the meantime, a measly 220 Athenas are launched at a third one of my manly-but-not-in-a-gay-way cargo fleets. Mines off, last second FRS. Attacker gets zip-a-dee-do-dah. Athenas decide discretion is the better part of valor and head home.

Joshua Calvert    I really dont know    about 1 hour ago
I realy dont know how you got on my buddy list, obviously you hid your lame playing style from me..

never mind, from now on your a prefered target.

And I'm like, WTF dude? You expected me to sit there? Write you a note? Hold your hand? What?

Unsightly Blemish    re: I really dont know    about 1 hour ago
LOL, lame playing style? 'scuse me, but I'm not the #2 ranked attacking cargo ships. I've got a little more class than that.

Joshua Calvert    re: I really dont know    about 1 hour ago
i am not the one leaving cargo ships out for the taking....

but you want to play that way, i can be an ass too :)

Dude, you ARE being an arse. With a memory like a sieve. You really don't remember me telling you why I'm playing this Uni, do you?

To be honest i dont really care any more, the time for talking has gone, you should have tried that when you was sitting there watching the fleets come in... that is fine, if your in a position to do something about it, but to purly wast time and hydro is lame...

but thats the way you play, and i have my own way of playing against people like that...

what upsets me most is i had someone like that on my buddy list, i feel sullied and cheap

And I'm like, WTF again? Seriously, I can't get my head around this...I'm wasting your time and Hydro by...what? Leaving ships and OCH out but saving them when I see an attack? Not telling you I was online? Not leaving it there for you to blow up? Don't you know you spent the H the moment you launched? So...wait...hold on...you're blaming me because you launched an attack at me that didn't get anything? You are, aren't you? That's kinda funny until you realise this person might actually be in a position of responsibility somewhere.

Are you seriously blaming me for you not paying attention to timers? Or for not telling you I'm online after you already hit one planet? That's just about the most pathetic thing I've ever heard.

It's pity you don't appear to have any worthwhile planets in range of me, but I'll make do with your allies.

Oh, and the reason you feel sullied and cheap is that you are, indeed, akin to a cheap whore that's just finished work. I don't believe we've met in other Unis, but yet again you prove the adage that the higher the rank, the bigger the a-hole.

you have to believe it... we i will be now any way

have fun :)

oh and there is one in range... xx:xx have fun

Planet Big Mac [x:xxx:x] has:

DEFENSES:
* Missile Battery: 163
* Laser Cannon: 115
* Pulse Cannon: 23
* Particle Cannon: 19
* Anti-Ballistic Missile: 10
* Decoy: 1
* Gauss Cannon: 17
* Large Decoy: 1

Your Missile Strike on Big Mac [x:xxx:x] has completed

Planet Big Mac [x:xxx:x] has:

DEFENSES:
* Missile Battery: 0
* Laser Cannon: 0
* Pulse Cannon: 0
* Particle Cannon: 0
* Anti-Ballistic Missile: 0
* Decoy: 0
* Gauss Cannon: 0
* Large Decoy: 0

I know, big whoop-de-doo. But it's the PRINCIPLE that counts. Big bad #2 threatening lowly #227, who isn't even TRYING to defend himself, just because his attack didn't pan out and he lost some debris from his first attack.

ohhhh.... and you confirm what i think of you... lol

So, if you want someone high ranked to glow in the dark, drop me a PM.  They've got those nice high mine levels that are great for stealing overnight production when there's no defenses there.

It's a free service to the community.  :ugeek:
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

andy nard1

Re: A Conversation With #2 Joshua Calvert
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 01:20:40 PM »
I think you made a big mistake...I am not going after his colonies, but I would go after yours. :lol:

Offline QuinnDexter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 01:23:26 PM »
See... that is exactly what i mean... your style of play isnt mine... what upsets me is you managed to get on my buddie not your style of play, i may think its lame but its your style....

Offline AKA Morat

• No more Mr. Nice but argumentative guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 01:37:56 PM »
Anyone's welcome to go after my colonies. It's not like I can defend them, and I'm not even trying to. You will be nuked, though, unless you're a much lower rank than me. And if you turn out to be a reasonable person in conversation, I'll let you know when there's a planet sitting around with its OCH undefended.

See, I don't care about DSP, RSP or any of that. The only thing I'm concerned about is trying to show people that acting as a bully is not cost effective. If JC takes any action whatsoever (upping silo, building more defences, building nukes to fire at me, anything at all) that is different from what he had planned to do, then I've made my point.

Offline QuinnDexter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 01:50:15 PM »
your not the only lame player in this game, what ever i do i would have had to do sooner or later... some things you just wait till there is a need.. doesnt mean you dont recoupe any cost from the person that caused the extra expense though :)

andy nard1

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 02:19:35 PM »
You will be nuked, though, unless you're a much lower rank than me. And if you turn out to be a reasonable person in conversation, I'll let you know when there's a planet sitting around with its OCH undefended.

Wondering who is the bully  8-)

The only fact that you posted such conversation, shows how lame is your game style. Adding the above statement makes clear that your games style is so different from mine.
Finally I dislike you very much because you have posted on a public forum, what was a private conversation, without the consent of the other party. I consider that a gross lack of respect

Offline Zov

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 02:43:40 PM »
I have to side with Josh on this one.. people that play the game without personal gain as a goal annoy me.

Offline Leebelee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 03:15:03 PM »
Its generally polite to answer messages that are sent to you, he was only asking who you were, so you frs last second, everyone hates that, upto you if thats the style you play but generally a naff tactic imo,

I get your pissed off and want to come her and slag josh off but i think you will find that this is the wrong place to do it, alot of people have respect for the good attitude of players like quinn/josh and the majority of the forum dwellers play in the same style as weve been playing longer and generally have grown up and understand that its a game and theres no reason to be ass`s to eachover

You have come here to make him look bad but all youve done is make yourself look bad imo

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 03:22:36 PM »
Gotta agree with the rest of them. Everybody hates a last second FRS. I don't play this uni but in the other uni's I play I always tell the people around me that if you are on-line when I probe or launch an attack, just let me know and I will recall. Most have learned to do that, the ones that haven't have lost everything. Sooner or later you will do the same.
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 04:00:40 PM »
wow..seems we all have another favorite target...missiles and last sec fleetsavers...
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Grummm

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 04:14:21 PM »
{sarcasm on} Why yes, OP, ~~everyone~~ hates a last minute Fleet-saver.  You are supposed to leave all your ships for us, and should you return, keep hands off the keyboard.  Should you be there and I have not checked all your planets, then  you MUST give me immediate notice so that my time is conserved.  After all, you can see by my rank that my time is worth more than yours!  I may also want to hit another of your colonies, and your failure to promptly notify me may waste my hydro.  

And how dare you suggest that my own failure to see that you are online places the responsibility squarely on me?  How do I know you're online, because anyone could have scanned you and left that time marker there?  {sarcasm off}

Give me a break.  I think playing to thwart you is as valid a play style as any other.  If you are hitting someone who is online, and you fail to see it, why should they have an ~obligation~ to reduce your time and hydro?  In fact, why would anyone have an obligation to do that?  In the other Unis it is common to play dead to lure fleeters into attacks so they spend hydro without return and leave fleets and hephs vulnerable.  It's just as valid here.
[size=150]Grummm[/size][/color]
Chief Intelligence Officer [size=85]of[/size] The Corporation [/color]

[size=120]Greed is [/size][size=120] VERY [/size][size=120]Good. [/size]

la Madrina of Uni 2 and still not too old and feeble to kick YOUR ass!

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 04:18:15 PM »
Quote from: "Grummm"
{sarcasm on} Why yes, OP, ~~everyone~~ hates a last minute Fleet-saver.  You are supposed to leave all your ships for us, and should you return, keep hands off the keyboard.  Should you be there and I have not checked all your planets, then  you MUST give me immediate notice so that my time is conserved.  After all, you can see by my rank that my time is worth more than yours!  I may also want to hit another of your colonies, and your failure to promptly notify me may waste my hydro.  

And how dare you suggest that my own failure to see that you are online places the responsibility squarely on me?  How do I know you're online, because anyone could have scanned you and left that time marker there?  {sarcasm off}

Give me a break.  I think playing to thwart you is as valid a play style as any other.  If you are hitting someone who is online, and you fail to see it, why should they have an ~obligation~ to reduce your time and hydro?  In fact, why would anyone have an obligation to do that?  In the other Unis it is common to play dead to lure fleeters into attacks so they spend hydro without return and leave fleets and hephs vulnerable.  It's just as valid here.

It's also just as likely to get you hunted down until you lose everything because you have your head shoved so far up your ass that you can't take 2 seconds to send a probe or a message letting someone know you are on-line. Of course there is a difference if you are setting a trap for someone, but if you are just being a dick and waiting to last second FRS then you will eventually be destroyed.
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

andy nard1

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 04:36:01 PM »
And how dare you suggest that my own failure to see that you are online places the responsibility squarely on me? How do I know you're online, because anyone could have scanned you and left that time marker there? {sarcasm off}

You have no idea what means hunting...thus do not waste our time...just keep moving the ships last second...

Give me a break. I think playing to thwart you is as valid a play style as any other. If you are hitting someone who is online, and you fail to see it, why should they have an ~obligation~ to reduce your time and hydro? In fact, why would anyone have an obligation to do that? In the other Unis it is common to play dead to lure fleeters into attacks so they spend hydro without return and leave fleets and hephs vulnerable. It's just as valid here.

1) reduce time and hydro...utterly ignorant of the game...the hydro is fully spent when attacks is launched
2) There is no such obligation, is called courtesy

You and others players that play this game style thing that everybody is hating each other in this game, in fact is just a game where we try to destroy each other ships (no each other). You do not see fellow players around...but just enemies that you must hate just because are playing a game and most of the times outplay you.
I always thank who notifies me that he is online, it is a nice form of interacting among players.
Finally, you seems to forget that you still end up on the losing side, you will always lose more resources than the attacker, your defense will be smashed and either lose 15% or 30%, which will be always more than the attacker losses. You cannot understand that, a player with your game style cannot understand the mechanics of this game. You play just to irritate the others, while we play for fun and even if we lose ships we enjoy the game, that's the difference, and that's why most of us have cordial and friendly relations, while there is a small pocket of players like you and the original posters that are on the side of the game, and you grow more and more frustrated because of that.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 04:42:00 PM »
very well said!
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 04:46:15 PM »
lol funny thread, I agree with calvert its annoying, but the other guy lost a fleet and was attacked by a buddy. They're both dicks.
HONEYBEE MALES: DURING COPULATION THEIR BODY EXPLODES APART LIKE GRENADE; GENITALIA HAS HOOKS AND SPINES AND IT WEDGES INTO FEMALE AND SEALS HER OPENING.