contact
September 15, 2019, 08:42:09 AM

Author Topic: How hard is it to find a planet with 250+ fields?  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Admiral Firebringer

• View Profile
Re: How hard is it to find a planet with 250+ fields?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 01:14:55 PM »
I got 5 planets over 200 in one day with 1 try each once. but for months afterwards I could not get over 70
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Quote from: \"Cadet\"
What do you know of such things? You\'re not a science officer!
Retired in all games

Offline INAPPROPRIATE

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 05:48:12 PM »
Okay Admiral Fire no need to brag. I really hate you at the moment I've gone through 15 GIA looking for a planet that's got over 200 fields and it's not happening closest I've got was 170. (aside from the 290+ fields I found with my first colony). Lets hope I can find some today :)

Offline Walternate

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 06:08:37 PM »
I have had my best luck with slots 1 and 15. I have colonies in each with 300+ fields. Sometimes it takes a lot of shots and sometimes just 1 shot.

Offline Admiral Robodo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 06:46:56 PM »
you can further reduce your warehouse capacity with a moon.
Joined SFC: Oct 2009
Original Uni: Semi-retired.
Extreme: Retired.
Uni2: Retired.
Nova: Active

Offline jarod20202

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 06:52:55 AM »
wow and i thought i was doing good w/ my planet building plans

mines 27/24/21
solar 29
capital 15
foundry 5
shipyard 15
research 15
storage 11/10/9

but i agree that regardless of the number of gaia it takes... dont settle for anything less of 200+

ps. its a wonder that im even ranked as higher as 1400 w/ my planet counts but i do say having 5 planets w/ 300+ is nice b/c i dont have to worry except that i wish i could finally get a moon already lol
I thought I was crazy, but you take the prize! The hell was that? You dont make bombs go boom in your face!!!

Offline INAPPROPRIATE

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 03:14:31 PM »
Jarod I honestly think it depends on the type of player you are for the amount of fields you need on your Planets. If you can spend a lot of time sending out raids on ID rez production of your own isn't terribly important if not then it is. How ever I think I'm going to need every advantage I can get as a noob to catch up with the high levels.

Offline Bravicus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 03:16:56 PM »
Quote from: "INAPPROPRIATE"
Jarod I honestly think it depends on the type of player you are for the amount of fields you need on your Planets. If you can spend a lot of time sending out raids on ID rez production of your own isn't terribly important if not then it is. How ever I think I'm going to need every advantage I can get as a noob to catch up with the high levels.

This is exactly right.  Just because you can make res blowing up ships doesn't mean you shouldn't be building up your mines.  And just because you have good mines doesn't mean you shouldn't be raiding inactives.  You should be able to do all of them at the same time.  Maximize your resource production.
Everything I say is likely a couple of years out of date

Offline Victor Doom

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 03:23:20 PM »
:twisted: Don't know if your a fan of Starcraft or not... but almost every player I know starts out with getting their drones harvesting the resources first... then you build your barracks and other troop support buildings...

You then start pumping out troops after your supply chain is established... some players like to build a couple troops real fast and waylay the person building up a supply chain and break the chain... a defense or two stops this tactic cold and now the waylayer is behind the curve...

I usually start out with a small raiding fleet and concentrate the rest of my efforts on industry... This game requires that you think ahead a little.. sometimes an investment I make today is not going to pay off for a few weeks... but when that few weeks does go by you'll be glad you had made that initial investment..

This game has many of those facets..
"Meeting me might have been the most devastating and traumatic focal point of your entire life... For me... It was Tuesday..."

Offline jarod20202

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 03:29:12 PM »
having played in all but uni 2 i can say that each uni has its own feel and play style

for i like taking my time building up my mines on a single planet and then repeating the process until all my planets are of a similar level and each can support themselves in case of heph sieges bc im not into def or off just transports and swarms so i have to watch all of my system pages regularly

but youre corret w/ the starcraft ref... alot of people start of that way... but the only difference w/ you analogy is that unlike starcraft not everyone is starting the game at the same time so those waylayers arent as far behind the curve as most would like but im my opinion this game wouldnt be any fun w/o said waylayers b/c it would get pretty bored pdq and just mining like in warcraft is a fkn joke

if i were to say anything besides the fun im having i wish we could get a new ship for swarm fodder... something between probes and arties would be awesome... fast but weak as hell but you pay for what you get lol
I thought I was crazy, but you take the prize! The hell was that? You dont make bombs go boom in your face!!!