contact
June 18, 2019, 05:05:00 AM

Author Topic: Compression and planet moves  (Read 4171 times)

Lytjohan_

Compression and planet moves
« on: June 14, 2011, 08:03:52 AM »
Anyone else got fooled by bfg when they initially told us we would get 2 moves - and now after 10 June - they go back on it ?

I feel quite a bit foolish having grouped in preparation for the compression and then they tell us that we had our move :/
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Infinity.

• View Profile
    • http://gollstrom.com/sfco/
Re: Compression and planet moves
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 08:12:04 AM »
up until yesterday, I was under the impression that we would have another free move after the compression.  I was quite disapoointed when I found out we would not have another.

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 01:27:39 PM »
I was concerned about this over a week ago, so I asked BFG. Here is the response.

Jason, Jun-03 15:33 (EDT):
No, you will only get the one move as all the galaxies will be available, for the first move.

Blue Frog Gaming Support

Clintbudgen, Jun-01 14:02 (EDT):
When compression comes for x2, original and uni 2, will all players get 2 free moves per planet as was done in x1.

That would be 1 free move during the voluntary move period and 1 free move for 72 hours after the main compression moves that will be done by yourselves.

Thank You

Lytjohan_

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 01:57:37 PM »
Thats just such bull on soo many levels - they stated that everyone would get 2
But you need to make a ticket to get the right answer ?!

Correct me if iam wrong - but x2 also started out as 1-6 then 7-9 right
It was also written here that we would get 1 move before and after right

? This is so poorly done by bfg - write changes - 4 days before - when many moved when it got possible :/

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 02:07:35 PM »
No, they did state that was only x1.

The reason was that the database for x1 was handled differently from the rest of the uni's.

6-9 was open all the time for UNI2, X2 and will be for Original, that's the reason that I asked them about the second move.

Lytjohan_

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 02:14:53 PM »
Can you link to that ?
I was sure they stated extreme - universes

Offline Benfynyn James

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 02:51:28 PM »
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12812

Post subject: Clarifications for compression / planet moving in X2 / SCFO   (Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:25 am)

1. Every planet / heph gets exactly one free move (no matter where it is located).
2. Planet fields and temperature will not change when a planet is moved.
3. There will NOT be an additional move given after compression. This feature was only for X1 because of the re-opening of 7-9 after compression.
4. Fleet tasks will prevent the planet from being able to be moved, but other tasks will not.
5. A planet that is moved will not be able to attack / deploy / harvest a DF for 24 hours after moving.

X2 will be reduced to galaxies 1-9
SCFO will be reduced to galaxies 1-35

When compression occurs, all fleets tasks will be canceled (recalled), and players will be unable to attack non-inactives for 24 hours.
"I didn\'t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." -- Mark Twain

Lytjohan_

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 02:54:34 PM »
Quote from: "Benfynyn James"
http://forum.playstarfleet.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12812

Post subject: Clarifications for compression / planet moving in X2 / SCFO   (Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:25 am)

1. Every planet / heph gets exactly one free move (no matter where it is located).
3. There will NOT be an additional move given after compression. This feature was only for X1 because of the re-opening of 7-9 after compression.
4. Fleet tasks will prevent the planet from being able to be moved, but other tasks will not.
5. A planet that is moved will not be able to attack / deploy / harvest a DF for 24 hours after moving.

When compression occurs, all fleets tasks will be canceled (recalled), and players will be unable to attack non-inactives for 24 hours.

i know - but its very late to suddenly change their plans - especially since they earlier said differently - around the time when planet moving became active:

jhunka
Post subject: Compression for Extreme, Universe 2 Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:03 am

"Following the same pattern as Extreme and Universe 2, we are announcing the plan for Compression of Extreme, Universe 2.

On Tuesday, June 7, at 14:00:00 server time, planet moves will go live, and each planet will be able to be moved once for free.

On Tuesday, June 14, at 14:00:00 server time, the Universe will be compressed down to galaxies 1-9.

Everything concerning the planet moves will be the same as has been detailed before, and will be treated the same way."

jhunka
Post subject: Re: Compression plan for Starfleet Commander Extreme Fri May 20, 2011 10:34 am

"Clarification from various forum posts -- thanks to Rohi for putting this together.

A] It is being compressed to NINE GALAXIES.

The game will be compressed to galaxies 1-6, and immediately after the compression, Galaxies 7-9 will become available.

[C] Hephs will be able to be moved just like a planet. You will be able to move your Heph as normal after the move, but you will be unable to launch attacks / deploys / etc from it.

[D] Hephs will be able to be moved as normal during the 24 hour cooldown period.

[E] Planet fields and temperature will not change.

[F] Even if a planet is moved into a different spot, its temperature will remain the same -- it is locked in upon the creation of the planet.

[G] Even if you are n Galaxy 1-6, you will get 1 free move for each planet.

[H] Moved planets / Hephs will be attackable immediately.

Purchasable planet moves will become a permanent feature in the game.

[J] An incoming attack will not prevent a planet from being moved, the requirement to move it will be similar to that of a Heph -- you cannot have any fleets tasks associated with it in order to move it.

[K] The inability to move with research / building is a un-intended, and will be fixed before the planet move code is live in the Extreme universe.

[L]

1 - On the 24th May between 14:00 and 23:00 server time all palyers, in all galaxies will have one free planet move - this free move will expire just before compression on the 31st May, 14:00 server time.

2 - After compression - all players, in all galaxies will have one further free planet move - this free move will expire after 72 hrs."

[M] Harvest missions sent from a planet / Heph during the 24 hour period after moving will be unable to gather resources from a Debris Field."

"1. Every planet / heph gets exactly one free move (no matter where it is located).

When compression occurs, all fleets tasks will be canceled (recalled), and players will be unable to attack non-inactives for 24 hours."

That is simply pure bull - some of us moved right away - in preparation for the compression. so we get spanked for it - because someone feeling smart - suddenly decides to change it... noway!

Offline Benfynyn James

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 02:56:27 PM »
Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.
"I didn\'t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." -- Mark Twain

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 02:58:23 PM »
They didn't change it, they said all along that the second move was only for extreme. I made sure my alliance knew that as well.
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Lytjohan_

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 03:01:09 PM »
god no - not one more of those ... never getting a car - because the next one will be better - wait for it....
never buy a new pc - the next one coming in 1 week will be even better ...
wait reserving the vacation - it will be cheaper ;)

bottom line - if the decide to go by this - they lose a player - iam not going to use 8-9m credits on moving my planets - when i was promised something else.

Lytjohan_

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 03:02:10 PM »
Quote from: "Sid82"
They didn't change it, they said all along that the second move was only for extreme. I made sure my alliance knew that as well.

show me the link sid82 - either they put that one in someplace very hidden - or you're full of it. :)

Lytjohan_

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 03:03:39 PM »
jhunka
Post subject: Compression for Extreme, Universe 2 Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:03 am

Following the same pattern as Extreme and Universe 2, we are announcing the plan for Compression of Extreme, Universe 2.
So - we follow the same rules of the other compressions.

On Tuesday, June 7, at 14:00:00 server time, planet moves will go live, and each planet will be able to be moved once for free.

On Tuesday, June 14, at 14:00:00 server time, the Universe will be compressed down to galaxies 1-9.

Everything concerning the planet moves will be the same as has been detailed before, and will be treated the same way."
again - we follow the same rules.

but then we dont... or what?

Offline Maloar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 03:05:20 PM »
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12646

Stated here on the 1st that everyone would get 1 free move. :)
-Iron must be dirtied, burned and beaten before it can become steel.

Offline Benfynyn James

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 03:05:43 PM »
They changed it when they compressed Uni2.

Post subject: Compression for Starfleet Commander, Universe 2Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:05 pm

Universe 2 will be done in the same manner as Extreme; however, instead of compressing to galaxies 1-6 and then 7-9 re-opening after the compression, 1-9 will all be available immediately.

On Tuesday, May 31st at 14:00:00 server time, the planet move function will open to a random 10% of players, and an additional 10% will gain access every hour. Each planet will be given 1 free planet relocation.

On Tuesday, June 7th at 14:00:00 server time, compression to galaxies 1-9 will occur.

birthmark-ant