contact
June 16, 2019, 06:57:10 AM

Author Topic: Compression and planet moves  (Read 4167 times)

Lytjohan_

Re: Compression and planet moves
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 03:06:05 PM »
Quote from: "Maloar"
http://forum.playstarfleet.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12646

Stated here on the 1st that everyone would get 1 free move. :)

but he also says that regarding planet moves - they will follow what has been done so far. in 2 lines even
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 03:06:24 PM »
Quote from: "Lytjohan_"
jhunka
Post subject: Compression for Extreme, Universe 2 Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:03 am

Following the same pattern as Extreme and Universe 2, we are announcing the plan for Compression of Extreme, Universe 2.
So - we follow the same rules of the other compressions.

On Tuesday, June 7, at 14:00:00 server time, planet moves will go live, and each planet will be able to be moved once for free.

On Tuesday, June 14, at 14:00:00 server time, the Universe will be compressed down to galaxies 1-9.

Everything concerning the planet moves will be the same as has been detailed before, and will be treated the same way."
again - we follow the same rules.

but then we dont... or what?

Will have to find what I am talking about but in the meantime: Following the same pattern as Extreme and Universe 2, we are announcing the plan for Compression of Extreme, Universe 2.
Extreme got 2 moves because they were compressing to 1-6 and adding 7-9 later. Uni 2 did not get a free move after compression. So exactly which patter would they be following? Should have asked. It was asked in at least 2 threads that I know of and answered. Just have to find it.
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Lytjohan_

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 03:07:59 PM »
hmm - i guess they ment well, but damn - could they do it in a more confusing manner?
or am i really the only one who got fooled by this remarkable display of laying things out in a clear manner.

guess its quitting time - if they decide to keep going with this.

Offline Benfynyn James

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 03:08:07 PM »

but he also says that regarding planet moves - they will follow what has been done so far. in 2 lines even

Uni2 was different than Extreme and it was most recent. It stands to reason that it was the more recent compression they would be following. That's how I interpreted it and it turns out to have been correct.
"I didn\'t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." -- Mark Twain

Lytjohan_

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 03:08:52 PM »
Quote from: "Sid82"
jhunka
Post subject: Compression for Extreme, Universe 2 Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:03 am

Following the same pattern as Extreme and Universe 2, we are announcing the plan for Compression of Extreme, Universe 2.

On Tuesday, June 7, at 14:00:00 server time, planet moves will go live, and each planet will be able to be moved once for free.

On Tuesday, June 14, at 14:00:00 server time, the Universe will be compressed down to galaxies 1-9.

Everything concerning the planet moves will be the same as has been detailed before, and will be treated the same way."
again - we follow the same rules.

but then we dont... or what?

Will have to find what I am talking about but in the meantime: Following the same pattern as Extreme and Universe 2, we are announcing the plan for Compression of Extreme, Universe 2.
Extreme got 2 moves because they were compressing to 1-6 and adding 7-9 later. Uni 2 did not get a free move after compression. So exactly which patter would they be following? Should have asked. It was asked in at least 2 threads that I know of and answered. Just have to find it.

i guess you really do need to read every post - every thread - to be sure you dont get ass funed!....

Offline Maloar

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 03:09:09 PM »

Specific always trumps general when communicating with people.

So if someone makes a general statement, such as "similar to X" but then makes a specific statement, like "you get 1 free move" you know that the specific statement trumps the general one.
-Iron must be dirtied, burned and beaten before it can become steel.

Lytjohan_

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 03:10:29 PM »

Specific always trumps general when communicating with people.

So if someone makes a general statement, such as "similar to X" but then makes a specific statement, like "you get 1 free move" you know that the specific statement trumps the general one.

one free move - as i see it - was in regard to the planet movement opening - since they also say they will do it the same way as the other places. 1 after planet movement starts - one after each compression.

Offline Benfynyn James

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 03:11:34 PM »
one free move - as i see it - was in regard to the planet movement opening - since they also say they will do it the same way as the other places. 1 after planet movement starts - one after each compression.

There wasn't a move after compression in Uni 2.
"I didn\'t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." -- Mark Twain

Offline Maloar

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 03:13:17 PM »

When they reference 2 different policies (X1 and U2 were handled differently) then you can't just assume they'll pick the one you like better.  Well, you can, but then you end up in your situation ;)
-Iron must be dirtied, burned and beaten before it can become steel.

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 03:16:18 PM »
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12527&p=162497#p162497

May 24th
Quote from: "jhunka"
Universe 2 will be done in the same manner as Extreme; however, instead of compressing to galaxies 1-6 and then 7-9 re-opening after the compression, 1-9 will all be available immediately.

On Tuesday, May 31st at 14:00:00 server time, the planet move function will open to a random 10% of players, and an additional 10% will gain access every hour. Each planet will be given 1 free planet relocation.

On Tuesday, June 7th at 14:00:00 server time, compression to galaxies 1-9 will occur.
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Lytjohan_

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2011, 03:21:11 PM »

When they reference 2 different policies (X1 and U2 were handled differently) then you can't just assume they'll pick the one you like better.  Well, you can, but then you end up in your situation ;)

#1 Following the same pattern as Extreme and Universe 2, we are announcing the plan for Compression of Extreme, Universe 2.
#2 Everything concerning the planet moves will be the same as has been detailed before, and will be treated the same way.

do you actually mean - that we have to follow each and every thread - to be sure that "OUR" universe doesnt differ from "same" - or other unis - when i read about the plan - it said in the long thread about compression - that we would get a free one before - a free one after.

after they opened up for planet moves - i moved mine. what i should have done - was to go through all the threads once more - to be ABSOLUTELY sure i didnt miss a place where they stated something specific...

hmm yea - sure - i get what you say ... that is a little more - than just silly :)

edit: i get it - i funed up - for not reading everything - up til now... what i dont get - is how you can actually defend them for a piss poor job in explaining it to us.

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2011, 03:27:58 PM »

#1 Following the same pattern as Extreme and Universe 2, we are announcing the plan for Compression of Extreme, Universe 2.
#2 Everything concerning the planet moves will be the same as has been detailed before, and will be treated the same way.

do you actually mean - that we have to follow each and every thread - to be sure that "OUR" universe doesnt differ from "same" - or other unis - when i read about the plan - it said in the long thread about compression - that we would get a free one before - a free one after.

after they opened up for planet moves - i moved mine. what i should have done - was to go through all the threads once more - to be ABSOLUTELY sure i didnt miss a place where they stated something specific...

hmm yea - sure - i get what you say ... that is a little more - than just silly :)

edit: i get it - i funed up - for not reading everything - up til now... what i dont get - is how you can actually defend them for a piss poor job in explaining it to us.
They posted it on here, its your fault for not reading it. Don't blame it on them when you didn't bother to check.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Benfynyn James

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 03:28:10 PM »
I don't think anyone here is saying that BFG was on the ball and did a bang up job. I know I'm not. I'm just saying that they did communicate the information needed, however poorly, and that it was enough for me personally.

Could they have done it better? Of course. Does it make me outraged? Meh.

Lytjohan_

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2011, 03:35:15 PM »
Quote from: "Benfynyn James"
I don't think anyone here is saying that BFG was on the ball and did a bang up job. I know I'm not. I'm just saying that they did communicate the information needed, however poorly, and that it was enough for me personally.

Could they have done it better? Of course. Does it make me outraged? Meh.

as i see it - they didnt do as "needed" - they did a piss poor job - thats it!

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2011, 03:47:25 PM »
If you were in any doubt, then you should have  asked, as I did.

the reason that I asked was because I was going to move all planets in 1 system for a week to build them up and then use the second move (IF we were getting one) to move them again to where I wanted.

But as it was unclear I sent a ticket in to BFG for clarification before I made any moves, when I got my answer I did not move all in one system as they did tell me we were only getting one move.

Guess the solution is as always if in doubt - check with BFG.